WWhy is Dexter a sociopath WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This thing is moving way too fast, don't any of you go to class?;)

Nope. Especially for the metabolism lectures... they are all recorded and online. :p

Members don't see this ad.

I
Yes, if I were 100% sure that you and Doc were villagers I would agree that random is better than losing a guaranteed villager, but the only thing I have saying you are a villager is your word and I'm not sure I can trust it.

Eh. I had no real need to admit to being Lila OR to having killed Orca. I could have just as easily said "DocE is lying". Either an investigation or my death would have born that out because all you would have known is that I appear to be Sgt. Doakes. I've been told by the mod that that's how I would have been (will be?) id'd upon death. So think about that - why would I open up, admit who I am and bring all that information about the pinkies (and Orca's death) to the table, unless I was a villager and trying to help the villagers get after the actual wolves.

All I had to do was say "DocE is lying, I'm Sgt. Doakes." He would have gone down - he was already up in the lynch count, and I certainly could have thrown another defensible vote that way.

Eh. I had no real need to admit to being Lila OR to having killed Orca. I could have just as easily said "DocE is lying". Either an investigation or my death would have born that out because all you would have known is that I appear to be Sgt. Doakes. I've been told by the mod that that's how I would have been (will be?) id'd upon death. So think about that - why would I open up, admit who I am and bring all that information about the pinkies (and Orca's death) to the table, unless I was a villager and trying to help the villagers get after the actual wolves.

All I had to do was say "DocE is lying, I'm Sgt. Doakes." He would have gone down - he was already up in the lynch count, and I certainly could have thrown another defensible vote that way.

True. But we would have figured out that Doc was not lying when he died and then you would have gone down anyway.

I honestly don't know what to believe, because I could see SOV making a character like you are claiming but I can also see you coming up with this story. I am still thinking on it, which is why I have not voted yet. But, I don't think kpowell is the right way to go when if you look back you can see that swings ever so slightly backed her up, which means we are back to a random lynch.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sticking with my vote from yesterday.
*****lynch kpowell*****

She was also instrumental in the lupin bandwagon.

Yes I was, but only bc it was offered to me as a way to get out of being lynched by a bandwagon as well. It is unfortunate, but it was my only option to stay alive.

I'm going to go with lynch WS

Because I'll be busy today and something about her playing style just seems a bit different than normal.

True. But we would have figured out that Doc was not lying when he died and then you would have gone down anyway.

I honestly don't know what to believe, because I could see SOV making a character like you are claiming but I can also see you coming up with this story. I am still thinking on it, which is why I have not voted yet. But, I don't think kpowell is the right way to go when if you look back you can see that swings ever so slightly backed her up, which means we are back to a random lynch.

I sorta agree with you on kpowell. But I also know that DocE and I are villagers. :)

As far as DocE not lying and me going down ... sure ... but I could have taken a villager with me if I were a wolf, which I would have done. By coming out, I get him out of the lynch (probably), and I put myself in the crosshairs (definitely). That really seem like a wolf move to you? And if we were both wolves, it'd be even more insane; I'd want as much distance as possible.

Bottom line is that we're villagers. You can start looking for real wolves (if, in fact, you aren't one - something I'm really, really wondering about since you don't seem all that concerned about actually finding any), or you can keep trying to decide which villager to lynch.

Hey, Lupin! We're gonna lynch ya cause your name means wolf!! And last minute cause you can't defend yourself against such incriminating evidence!

images

Good luck anyways villagers. I hope your next few lynches go a little better! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Lynch vote

kpowell 4 (DocE, LIS, Trematode, jj)
tropictuco 2 (hedgiehog, swings)
sheepdog 1 (Devyn)
Wolfspeaker 1 (Nohika)

14 votes uncounted.

Lynch deadline: 7pm EST.... a mere 5 hours away.

Hey, Lupin! We're gonna lynch ya cause your name means wolf!!

He he he.

Even MrsSOV said to me you had to be a wolf when she saw you had signed up for my game. Time for you and WS to change your names.

He he he.

Even MrsSOV said to me you had to be a wolf when she saw you had signed up for my game. Time for you and WS to change your names.

Sadly, I didn't know about WW when I signed up :smack:

I sorta agree with you on kpowell. But I also know that DocE and I are villagers. :)

As far as DocE not lying and me going down ... sure ... but I could have taken a villager with me if I were a wolf, which I would have done. By coming out, I get him out of the lynch (probably), and I put myself in the crosshairs (definitely). That really seem like a wolf move to you? And if we were both wolves, it'd be even more insane; I'd want as much distance as possible.

Bottom line is that we're villagers. You can start looking for real wolves (if, in fact, you aren't one - something I'm really, really wondering about since you don't seem all that concerned about actually finding any), or you can keep trying to decide which villager to lynch.

Right, because I have not been trying to figure out anything at all. :rolleyes:

Just because I don't trust you doesn't mean that I am not trying to find wolves. And you can say you are a villager until you are blue in the face, so can I, do you trust me now? If I repeat over and over again that I am a villager, does that make me more trustworthy? I find it odd that you come out and say that I am acting differently than normal when I was able to point out rather simply that I am not and just because I am pointing a finger at you and saying you are suspicious to me, does not mean that I am not doing my best to find wolves.

I don't see you coming up with anything... where are your thoughts and ideas? Tell me.. who should we lynch then? Since you claim to be a villager and also don't think kpowell is a good idea, then who?

I can see the arguments being made for tropic.. those actually make sense and are some decent thoughts. I am just trying to determine how much of the benefit of the doubt I want to give you.... because that is all that is keeping me from lynching you... is this slight bit of doubt that I have in my gut that perhaps you really are not a wolf or part of another group that can still kill.

Hey, Lupin! We're gonna lynch ya cause your name means wolf!! And last minute cause you can't defend yourself against such incriminating evidence!

images

Good luck anyways villagers. I hope your next few lynches go a little better! :rolleyes: :laugh:

:laugh: I think you and I need to change our names. :thumbup:

And Nohika, a lot of people aren't playing like they 'normally' do. DVMD, Devyn, DocE, etc. I'm not even sure what my 'normal' play style is. :laugh: I have been popping in and out of work the last few days. Maybe that's what you are seeing? :shrug:

And Nohika, a lot of people aren't playing like they 'normally' do. DVMD, Devyn, DocE, etc. I'm not even sure what my 'normal' play style is. :laugh: I have been popping in and out of work the last few days. Maybe that's what you are seeing? :shrug:

I would like an explanation of how I am not playing like I "normally" do, whatever that is. I am being just as active and trying to figure things out just as much as others here, if not more so... so please explain what you mean when you claim I am not playing like "normal".

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like an explanation of how I am not playing like I "normally" do, whatever that is. I am being just as active and trying to figure things out just as much as others here, if not more so... so please explain what you mean when you claim I am not playing like "normal".

I'm not saying that I think you are not playing normally. I don't usually remember every game someone has played in and know if they are playing 'normal' or not.

LIS was the one who said you weren't. A few people have said that certain people aren't playing like they 'normally' do. And like we have found out in previous games, someone playing differently doesn't always equate to being a wolf. Most of the time it has to do with what they are doing in RL.(outside the forum)

My point was, saying I'm not playing normally(do I even have a normal? C'mon, I'm usually gone by N4. :laugh:) and that my name must mean I'm a wolf, are not viable reasons to lynch me. :thumbup:

Normally by now you're talking about your suspicions and stating that you have a few people on your list, etcetcetc.

And WS, you just aren't as...I don't know. Not as strategic as you normally have been.

I think the fact that you havent actively attempted to lynch me yet makes it abnormal for you. And the fact that I havent tried to kill you or LIS makes it abnormal for me.

The fact that WS is still alive at round... what... 4? makes it unusual for them.

Most importantly: This is a game with jack **** PMing
The seer is dead
Everyone has a role they can claim

I'm basically the only player who brings absolutely nothing to the table, everyone is going to do some tiny useful thing, and I cant lynch myself (well I could. But i wont)

I am all for reasoned logical kills and never taking the random kill. I also realize that I refuse to sit on my hands and go "oh no. oh woe is me. I have no solid facts to hang my hat on." The solid facts will never come. This will be an old school WW weather SOV (or any of us) intended it to be or not. The biggest thrill in this game is making gigantic logical leaps to try to pin someone down on a lynch you're only 20% confident of.....and then it being right.

So if people dont like the kpowell one, I have two other people I would love to lynch just based on be being a grumpy old school player who has no problems killing someone and being wrong as long as the game keeps moving. So that's fine by me.

I think the fact that you havent actively attempted to lynch me yet makes it abnormal for you. And the fact that I havent tried to kill you or LIS makes it abnormal for me.

The fact that WS is still alive at round... what... 4? makes it unusual for them.

Most importantly: This is a game with jack **** PMing
The seer is dead
Everyone has a role they can claim

I'm basically the only player who brings absolutely nothing to the table, everyone is going to do some tiny useful thing, and I cant lynch myself (well I could. But i wont)

I am all for reasoned logical kills and never taking the random kill. I also realize that I refuse to sit on my hands and go "oh no. oh woe is me. I have no solid facts to hang my hat on." The solid facts will never come. This will be an old school WW weather SOV (or any of us) intended it to be or not. The biggest thrill in this game is making gigantic logical leaps to try to pin someone down on a lynch you're only 20% confident of.....and then it being right.

So if people dont like the kpowell one, I have two other people I would love to lynch just based on be being a grumpy old school player who has no problems killing someone and being wrong as long as the game keeps moving. So that's fine by me.

Yes, a "seer" role died... who said that was the only one? Did I miss that part somewhere?

Doc, the only reason I have not actively lynched you is because nohika has backed you up... otherwise, I have no qualms lynching you.

Normally by now you're talking about your suspicions and stating that you have a few people on your list, etcetcetc.

And WS, you just aren't as...I don't know. Not as strategic as you normally have been.

2 reasons for that.

1) I barely know Dexter. I've only seen a few episodes. Same with DVMD. She doesn't know Dexter. We have to read about it every time something is brought up.

2) I've been at work a lot, so not a lot of time to read up on Dexter to know what I am talking about and get ideas.

Did anyone see my comment about LIS happening to find the one person who was Doakes? What are peoples' thoughts on that?

DVMD has definitely been voicing suspicions. LIS and DocE are some of them. Where have you been Nohika?

I'm not saying that I think DVMD is not a wolf. She is still on my list, but you can't say she hasn't been contributing. (both you and LIS have said that)

Well then lets do it this way. People seem to be iffy on the kpowell lynch. (Im still willing to kill them. I have dedication to my kills haha) On the other hand I know I'm not the other one who is feeling very shifty on a different person.

unlych kpowell, lynch DVMDream

Because I know straight up I am innocent and DVM is either an extremely important role or a wolf. They're playing like that (trying to keep legit conversation going without drawing too much attention themself) and its how Ive seen her (I got the gender right) pull both of those roles that way. And I welcome any backlash I might get. I have nothing to lose, role-wise.

waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
i'm still dead.
waaaaaaaaaaaah

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29955-1354555222-8.gif

avenge me

Just if we're going off playing styles, I know I'm being totally different than the one time I was in a wolf in the holiday WW. I've done waaaay more speculating, since I cannot PM anyone and I have no clue what's going on.

I don't know everyone else's playing styles very well but I do know that DVMD is usually in one or two people's faces like the whole time =P. Which has been absent but now it's coming out.

Lynch vote

kpowell 3 (LIS, Trematode, jj)
sheepdog 1 (Devyn)
Wolfspeaker 1 (Nohika)
DVMD 1 (DocE)

waffle-o-meter: 1

14 votes uncounted.

Lynch deadline: 7pm EST.... a mere 5 hours away.

Well then lets do it this way. People seem to be iffy on the kpowell lynch. (Im still willing to kill them. I have dedication to my kills haha) On the other hand I know I'm not the other one who is feeling very shifty on a different person.

unlych kpowell, lynch DVMDream

Because I know straight up I am innocent and DVM is either an extremely important role or a wolf. They're playing like that (trying to keep legit conversation going without drawing too much attention themself) and its how Ive seen her (I got the gender right) pull both of those roles that way. And I welcome any backlash I might get. I have nothing to lose, role-wise.

:laugh: I think I have drawn quite a bit of attention to myself...

I'm not sold on Kpowell and don't know what to think of the DocE/LIS/DVMD triangle as of yet....or tropic either.

So since I have to actually get work done this afternoon, I'm going to pick a random for now. I'll check back closer to the deadline and see where we're at.

Lynch FTB

Hasn't been active other than the mayor vote and two lynch votes. I don't know if that's their "normal" game play or life is in the way or what.

Lynch vote

kpowell 3 (LIS, Trematode, jj)
sheepdog 1 (Devyn)
Wolfspeaker 1 (Nohika)
DVMD 1 (DocE)
FTB 1 (escalla)

waffle-o-meter: 1

13 votes uncounted. Starting have a lot of choices again. Let the accusations fly!!!!!!

Lynch deadline: 7pm EST.... a mere 4.5 hours away.

Lynch tropictuco

Still have a strange gut feeling that LIS *may* be telling the truth. And the reasoning I have seen with tropic is better than kpowell. I am going to get food, I will be back later. I also ask that someone investigate me... I figure it would be only a matter of time before I become suspicious, because heaven forbid that I actually try to discuss things and figure out what is going on. I can reveal my role as well, if needed. Time for food.

And you can say you are a villager until you are blue in the face, so can I, do you trust me now? If I repeat over and over again that I am a villager, does that make me more trustworthy?

The difference is, I've provide you with evidence in the form of information that is consistent with my claim.

You've done .... what? Nothing.

I can see the arguments being made for tropic.. those actually make sense and are some decent thoughts.

I don't actually know what the argument is against tropic. I was posting a lot yesterday, but it was more like skipping a stone across a lake - I wasn't reading everything because I was trying to get ready for ophtho.

I am just trying to determine how much of the benefit of the doubt I want to give you.... because that is all that is keeping me from lynching you... is this slight bit of doubt that I have in my gut that perhaps you really are not a wolf or part of another group that can still kill.

*shrug* I can see wanting to lynch Lila. But, I think it's fair for me to say this: The remaining pinkies are Lila, Hannah McKay, and Isaak Sirko. Pretty glaring that the truly nasty villains from Dexter are missing. DocE can sorta confirm this list ('sorta' because I know, you don't trust him either).

Yes, a "seer" role died... who said that was the only one? Did I miss that part somewhere?

Doc, the only reason I have not actively lynched you is because nohika has backed you up... otherwise, I have no qualms lynching you.

In fact, it was not the only seer role. :p

(But the other seer I know of is dead, too.)

Did anyone see my comment about LIS happening to find the one person who was Doakes? What are peoples' thoughts on that?

I'll give you my thoughts on it. :)

Give me a scenario where I could possibly have known that orcagirl was Doakes. I killed her Night 1, for crying out loud. This is a no PM'ing game. Where'd I get the information for your scenario to be accurate?

The fact is that it was random (ok, not *entirely* random - I picked a player that lived well into the end game of the last WW game just to avoid having someone die early two games in a row).

DVMD has definitely been voicing suspicions. LIS and DocE are some of them. Where have you been Nohika?

I'm actually curious how Nohika can vouch for DocE. I'm ok vouching for DocE based on my own info, but ..... only thing is, I don't really want Nohika to answer if it would reveal something we'd rather not have the wolves know. So consider this me not asking, Nohika. Even though it's nagging at me.

I do have a good role (not even ambiguous) that I can reveal, if needed. I would rather not though.

In a no-PM'ing game, I almost think we're better off with *everyone* posting their role and then going after the folks whose roles seem bs or where we have people saying "hey that's my role!".

Yeah, we'd lose a bunch of villagers. But I bet we'd win.

Ok. That said, consider that to be me thinking outloud in the big picture sense. I am not asking you to reveal your role.

I don't know everyone else's playing styles very well but I do know that DVMD is usually in one or two people's faces like the whole time =P. Which has been absent but now it's coming out.

Oddly enough, I'm far more comfortable with DVMD in this game now that we're yelling at each other.

Trying to decide if WW weather is cold and rainy or just a clear, cold moonlit night.

I kind of think of the former myself (due to the killing).

The only cold things on a hot Miami night are either in the back of an ice truck or in Dexter's kill room, soon to be cold and wet.

On that note, lynch devyn she's usually much more active. DVMD rarely hits my radar for being so talkative/pushy, that's just her style.

I'm not saying that I think DVMD is not a wolf. She is still on my list, but you can't say she hasn't been contributing. (both you and LIS have said that)

Nohika has work, school, work, meetings, etc. A life. :p Okay not really that. Been super busy lately and while I can normally get on during work, wasn't able to today. Will be on and off a bit later, though.

I'm not really a big suspicions person. I note things down and see if people are using different word patterns than normal.

LIS, I can see twice during the game whether or not a player is a wolf. That is it. I don't know role names or anything. I can just see their affiliation. That's all I can do while alive. If the wolves would like to see what I can do dead, please try me. :D

Nohika has work, school, work, meetings, etc. A life. :p Okay not really that. Been super busy lately and while I can normally get on during work, wasn't able to today. Will be on and off a bit later, though.

I'm not really a big suspicions person. I note things down and see if people are using different word patterns than normal.

LIS, I can see twice during the game whether or not a player is a wolf. That is it. I don't know role names or anything. I can just see their affiliation. That's all I can do while alive. If the wolves would like to see what I can do dead, please try me. :D

:laugh: I didn't actually mean where have you been? I know you are super busy. I guess I should have said, "can you read"? :p

You should use your second seering on me. :thumbup:

In a no-PM'ing game, I almost think we're better off with *everyone* posting their role and then going after the folks whose roles seem bs or where we have people saying "hey that's my role!".

Yeah, we'd lose a bunch of villagers. But I bet we'd win.

Ok. That said, consider that to be me thinking outloud in the big picture sense. I am not asking you to reveal your role.

:wtf:

Full disclosure in the endgame, sure. But right away? Seriously?

Lynch tropictuco

Still have a strange gut feeling that LIS *may* be telling the truth. And the reasoning I have seen with tropic is better than kpowell. I am going to get food, I will be back later. I also ask that someone investigate me... I figure it would be only a matter of time before I become suspicious, because heaven forbid that I actually try to discuss things and figure out what is going on. I can reveal my role as well, if needed. Time for food.

lynch tropictuco. I thought earlier that someone just seemed weird about her and voted accordingly. Nothing solid, only a weird feeling.

I swear LIS, if you are playing me, I am mailing you a horse head :mad:

:wtf:

Full disclosure in the endgame, sure. But right away? Seriously?

Yup. It's been squirreling around in my brain for a while. Not specifically I said for the no-PM games. What has nudged me that way is the general lack of cooperative/useful action that goes on. There's this tendency for games to get all the way to the endgame with people still saying "Uh, I don't have any information, so RNG Lissa."

Seems to me that we'd be better off as a group just laying our cards on the table and going from there. Like I said - we'd obviously lose villagers. But I'm betting that we're all smart enough that we'd look at people's claims for roles and say "That's bs". Because we'd be forcing the wolves to pick a role.... so they'd be stuck picking roles that aren't actually in the game, and I think we'd be able to pick out that pattern. Plus, if you're still in doubt you probably could take a look at the folks who revealed 'later' in the process rather than earlier (since a wolf would obviously want to wait to make sure they didn't claim a role someone else legitimately had).

So. once again, not saying it wouldn't be brutal. But in the end, I think villagers would win.

It's just a theory. And I'm not suggesting we do it, because I realize most people aren't even willing to consider the possibility that it would work.

Give me a scenario where I could possibly have known that orcagirl was Doakes. I killed her Night 1, for crying out loud. This is a no PM'ing game. Where'd I get the information for your scenario to be accurate?

The fact is that it was random (ok, not *entirely* random - I picked a player that lived well into the end game of the last WW game just to avoid having someone die early two games in a row).

I'm actually curious how Nohika can vouch for DocE. I'm ok vouching for DocE based on my own info, but ..... only thing is, I don't really want Nohika to answer if it would reveal something we'd rather not have the wolves know. So consider this me not asking, Nohika. Even though it's nagging at me.

It's obviously not an absolutely no PMing game. Some people can communicate (DocE proved that).

No idea how you could have known who Doakes was(unless SOV told you). I just find it odd is all.

We also have no confirmation that Orcagirl was Sgt. Doakes, just your word. Unless I missed something. But no one else has come forward claiming to be Sgt. Doakes. But, I suppose you could be in contact with Sgt. Doakes and borrowed their identity. Which will only work until you or that person is investigated(if indeed their is someone left that can do that).

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there. :laugh:

Was also curious about this but didn't say anything earlier for obvious reasons, now that it is out there and one "investigator" is dead it is curious. Seems like a lot of pming is going on in this no pming game, some of it has to be wolfy. Sticking with my vote from yesterday for now but tropictuco has been high on my suspicion list for a while also.

lynch FFM

Based off what Nohika just revealed about her role, I'm assuming she investigated his affiliation and found him 'not a wolf'.

It's obviously not an absolutely no PMing game. Some people can communicate (DocE proved that).

Man. People will nitpick anything. *In general* this is a no-PM'ing game, as opposed to the majority of games we play in SDN Pre-Vet WW where we're divided into groups that can talk to each other.

Did I cover all the legalese for you?

We also have no confirmation that Orcagirl was Sgt. Doakes, just your word.

Nope. But I think if someone else had it (and it was a pretty major character to be left out), I think I would have been called out. Unless, as you said, I'm in contact with someone who had it. In which case, you have to explain why Lila would have any reason to be in contact with Doakes - which makes no sense.

You keep trying to spin some crazy hypothetical where my story doesn't add up, but all your theoreticals are really, really out there.

Man. People will nitpick anything. *In general* this is a no-PM'ing game, as opposed to the majority of games we play in SDN Pre-Vet WW where we're divided into groups that can talk to each other.

Did I cover all the legalese for you?

Nope. But I think if someone else had it (and it was a pretty major character to be left out), I think I would have been called out. Unless, as you said, I'm in contact with someone who had it. In which case, you have to explain why Lila would have any reason to be in contact with Doakes - which makes no sense.

You keep trying to spin some crazy hypothetical where my story doesn't add up, but all your theoreticals are really, really out there.

Shoot me for trying to make things clearer for people. :laugh: That way, there is no questioning later on.

I don't know the relationship between Lila/Doakes, all I know is that Lila eventually killed Doakes.

I didn't say any of my ideas had any weight to them. Again, shoot me for trying to think things through. :laugh: I'd rather get that idea out there and have it shot down, then to be mulling it over in my head all game long and have it turn out to be true. (which has happened in previous games and could have gotten us a wolf)

I was going to start watching Dexter a couple months ago, now I'm wishing I had.