WWubba lubba dub dub! - Rick & Morty Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A couple early noob kills has been used as evidence of veteran wolves. Maybe not a single noob kill, but it is definitely an argument that has been brought up before. Still, it's a little different. Having been behind the scenes of a couple of the recent games, a veteran wolf will lead the pack if the other wolves are noobs. So, a couple noob kills could mean all veterans, or a couple veterans, or just one veteran. But if you see early veteran deaths, it's just more likely that there isn't a veteran wolf in the pack calling the shots. It's enough to base your lynches on for a day or two when you don't know squat. Not something that should clear all veterans forever by any means. It was an argument being used in place of actual evidence. The kind of speculation that we depend on when we don't know what's going on.

Also yeah, I'm mad that lupin got killed, because I haven't played with her in a while (I got killed early in the lounge game and I modded two games in a row before that, and she modded the one before that) and I enjoy playing with her. So whoever contributed to her death, noob or vet, is a poop head. :p I mean, it's a good thing that tp was brought back, or else I would have been even more grumpy.
I'm always upset when we lose a Lupin, I'm a big fan of her madness

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sorry you feel that way.

But joking around is different than bullying. @Jilary already ninja'd me and my favorite "assume positive intent". Honestly I don't care if you're a noob or not. I will respond the same way to the same mistakes I perceive in game play.

If WW is scaring you, you're taking it way too seriously

I just don't want to be forever labeled a bad player or stupid person because of what I'm doing now.. It is kinda scary for me because I DO care about what you guys think of me, even on an internet forum. Obviously, what people think of me isn't the most important thing, but it is important to me because I want to make friends. Sorry if I take everything too seriously. I'll stop now :owle:

I just don't want to be forever labeled a bad player or stupid person because of what I'm doing now
there's a great way to avoid this. Take criticism and get better with each game. Heck there are still games where I make really dumb mistakes. And I know some of these people in real life.

Reactions: 5 users
reefer madness??

07nGJ.gif

Oh, not even close.

Reactions: 1 user
I just don't want to be forever labeled a bad player or stupid person because of what I'm doing now.. It is kinda scary for me because I DO care about what you guys think of me, even on an internet forum. Obviously, what people think of me isn't the most important thing, but it is important to me because I want to make friends. Sorry if I take everything too seriously. I'll stop now :owle:
Everybody makes mistakes in games (except DocE of course...:laugh: ). And sometimes if you do something really crazy you'll get a reputation that will follow you for a while. Ask STL. But it's whatever. Doesn't mean we think you're actually dumb or hate you or something. I'm dumb in every game, almost never find wolves, talk too much without saying anything, miss important pieces of information, and trust MJ way too often. And only @Jilary hates me, so all in all I think you'll be fine ;)

I thought we were friends!

Reactions: 3 users
@Mad Jack, my SO was on the pre med forum and I glanced over and saw you had posted a few times. It was really trippy since I'm only used to you on WW :p He said, "how do YOU know MJ?!" :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
It's okay. Like, so okay. I've lost my **** over a WW game before (back when I took it waaaay more seriously than you are), I've been an absolute dick, I've pretended to be banned, I've been a terrible player, and, well, let's just say what you're doing won't exactly land you harsh judgment with all the stiff competition around SDN. You're fine. I don't think you're overreacting or anything- I think this is a perfectly reasonable thing that comes up with every batch of new players, where they question their place in the game, whether they belong, and whether they'll ever be accepted in and outside of WW. And really, you will, and already are in most ways, so don't overthink it. Everything is fine.

A few games back I kinda felt we were getting noob-bullied but I don't really feel that way now. I was also taking WW way too seriously (see WW Asylum) before I realized this is just a game and its meant to be fun. :p I've probably been averaging 1-2 really dumb noob mistakes per game which are usually called out by veterans right away and I've finally begun to appreciate the advice/joking and learn from it. Definitely learn more from those mistakes than I do anything else and I wouldn't without a little push and shove from the experienced players. Just gotta roll with the punches and keep playing :blackeye:

Members don't see this ad :)
@Mad Jack, my SO was on the pre med forum and I glanced over and saw you had posted a few times. It was really trippy since I'm only used to you on WW :p He said, "how do YOU know MJ?!" :laugh:
It's actually kind of funny, I post most on the pre-allo and allo forums, but basically all of my friends are from the other forums. Pre-vet, vet, dental, osteo- none of the cool kids hang out in allo :p

Thanks you guys ❤️

It's okay. Like, so okay. I've lost my **** over a WW game before (back when I took it waaaay more seriously than you are), I've been an absolute dick, I've pretended to be banned, I've been a terrible player, and, well, let's just say what you're doing won't exactly land you harsh judgment with all the stiff competition around SDN. You're fine. I don't think you're overreacting or anything- I think this is a perfectly reasonable thing that comes up with every batch of new players, where they question their place in the game, whether they belong, and whether they'll ever be accepted in and outside of WW. And really, you will, and already are in most ways, so don't overthink it. Everything is fine.

You made me make my first post outside of vet/pre-vet in like 7? years with that banning ****, too. Rickdickulous.

Reactions: 4 users
For real? I missed that. I do recall you rage quitting one, maybe two games? One was a wolf brag gone wrong the other was some weird situation where you may have tried to get mod killed? I don't 100% recall.
He definitely rage quit my Christmas game. Imagine that, I was almost the reason MJ quit WW 5eva.

For real? I missed that. I do recall you rage quitting one, maybe two games? One was a wolf brag gone wrong the other was some weird situation where you may have tried to get mod killed? I don't 100% recall.
Oh, the latter one was strategy, actually.
its_always_sunny_in_phili_by_shortylego10.jpg

It really was- sometimes I like to push the limits of the mods and the other players just to see what'll happen. I like to think outside the box.

I think you are missing my point.... which is.... that was the ****tiest "strategy" I have seen in a long time...

I say this out of love.

Squanch.

I think you are missing my point.... which is.... that was the ****tiest "strategy" I have seen in a long time...

I say this out of love.

Squanch.
When I get backed into a corner, my strategy goes from "win" to "incite chaos." In that sense, I think I succeeded.
tumblr_inline_nza3k5f85Z1taoahu_500.gif

I'm trying to be more of a team player lately, in any case. Even sacrificed myself to get useful info out in the lounge game. Old habits die hard though...

I've been searching for any posts from my old account for days (didn't post much then, don't remember the name, it was hooked to an old school email account, hence why I started a new one). I started it sometime between 2006 and 2008 and ignored it from 2010 until whenever I made this one, but I definitely remember many of the people here being called noobs and some of them fighting back. Most of the time, when the old hats say something about the way they do things versus these new young kids, I just giggle.

This has been the most dramatic "catch up with WW" reading I've ever had. Had my emotions on a roller coaster guys :p

As a noob, I do not currently feel persecuted or unduly targeted.

As a song writer, I do currently feel woefully inadequate.

That is all.

Reactions: 8 users
We're not laying into you. We're trying to let you know what is and is not a good strategy. I'm not upset in the slightest, I just have been noting, "maybe that wasn't the best idea" here and there, because that's how I learned. Through a lot of trial and error and being informed of what was an error by people who knew better.

Every new generation of players feels singled out, but the truth is, that's not how it is. Each group of players knows certain people, and what to expect of them. You've got a lower tolerance for oddities from people you don't know, because you don't know if it's strategy, poor play, or just plain innocence since you don't know the player very well. If you know the more experienced players here, you'd know there are a lot of us that get at each other's throats the second we see anything wrong- we're not exactly friendly with each other when it comes to WW, and we know what to look for. But you're mistaking dealing with the devil you know that's done no wrong versus the devil you don't know that you've noticed something off about- it's nothing to do with new players versus old players, it's just how most people approach a situation.

Also, you sound like me roughly two years ago, lol, you should read my complaints about the noob bashing we perceived to be there. Being on the other side, I can tell you it just isn't so.

Quit posting so much

That's certainly true, but if I had to chose between a dog in questionable health and a dog in great health, I am going to blood test the dog who is most likely going to come back with something abnormal.

I think it is cute how you think either owner is going to let you run bloodwork. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Omg people. I have like 20 minutes to TRY and catch up on the game and I have to wade through a few hundred bitchy whiny {%#^]*[ posts about "wahhhh, I am a noob and my feels are hurt!" and "wahhhh get over it".

Think about this: If you care about villager winning you won't derail the thread with your personal hurt feelings and make it impossible for other players to follow along because limited time.

My god. Some of you people would have CRIED at the battles DVMD and I used to have. Those were the days.

I still want to role reveal.

Heads-up: I'll be out of touch from shortly before night closes to 4pmET today (mandatory morning activity followed by 3hr class). I'll try to catch up during short breaks, but I may not have time to post.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Omg people. I have like 20 minutes to TRY and catch up on the game and I have to wade through a few hundred bitchy whiny {%#^]*[ posts about "wahhhh, I am a noob and my feels are hurt!" and "wahhhh get over it".

Think about this: If you care about villager winning you won't derail the thread with your personal hurt feelings and make it impossible for other players to follow along because limited time.

My god. Some of you people would have CRIED at the battles DVMD and I used to have. Those were the days.

waahmbulance.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

54a78a9754dec_-_cryinggifs_01_1.gif

;)