2012-2013 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completed my secondary on 9/26. Changed to 'under review' on 12/18. No changes since then. Anybody else in a similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also part of this group and haven't gotten anything in the mail. It could be possible that not all of the accepted were called.

I got the acceptance letter and things this afternoon in the mail here in California (I was in the Jan 7 group).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Have they sent out an email/mail with details about this yet? I must have missed it.

No email from what I know - the admissions office had just mentioned it to me when I got the acceptance call.

I completed my secondary on 9/26. Changed to 'under review' on 12/18. No changes since then. Anybody else in a similar situation?

Similar situation, but completed three weeks earlier and I just recently got switched to the "been reviewed" status within the week.

Does anyone have the "pending further review status" listed below?

"Your file is complete and pending further review by our Committee on Admissions."

What should I make of this and did anyone have this before getting a II?

Does anyone have the "pending further review status" listed below?

"Your file is complete and pending further review by our Committee on Admissions."

What should I make of this and did anyone have this before getting a II?

Mine says "under review"
Not sure if there's a difference...

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools seems to have an entire weekend planned.
Does anyone know if Loyola is just a second look day?

I know last year our class (M1's) got in contact with a local bar to hold a social after the second look day. I don't know what the school has planned but this was a really cool event and gave the people a chance to meet each other outside school.

Talked to admissions today. Said that II's will be given out through the end of February. Fingers crossed!

I know last year our class (M1's) got in contact with a local bar to hold a social after the second look day. I don't know what the school has planned but this was a really cool event and gave the people a chance to meet each other outside school.

on the subject of second look day - got a message that you can bring three guests along. Is that something most people do?

on the subject of second look day - got a message that you can bring three guests along. Is that something most people do?

I was planning on bringing one guest but I would be interested to know who else people bring?

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile app

I was planning on bringing one guest but I would be interested to know who else people bring?

I'm sure my dad will want to come along, but that's likely it for me. I can imagine students who are already married will probably bring their spouse and/or children. Should be a fun time :D

Ok I was wondering if any people brought their parents because I was thinking about it but I didnt want all the mean kids to make fun of me... Partly kidding? Yes, but less than you'd think :D

Ok I was wondering if any people brought their parents because I was thinking about it but I didnt want all the mean kids to make fun of me... Partly kidding? Yes, but less than you'd think :D

yes.. like the first day of undergrad when you are moving in to a dorm, parents in tow, trying to look cool and like you belong. You try hard to pretend that the people who are asking which drawer you'd like your underwear in are actually not people you've ever met... even though you secretly are terrified they might abandon you...

Rest assured - lots of people brought significant others and/or parents. But you wouldn't look like a pariah if you go it alone, either, as I'd say at least a third were flyin' solo.

Ahaha yes oh my gosh I have been thinking the same thing. I think my mom is tagging along with me so if you bring your parents you won't be alone!

Has anyone gotten a call this evening? An anxiously awaiting my top choice...

Has anyone gotten a call this evening? An anxiously awaiting my top choice...

My mom called. I received a call from a telemarketer too; they offered mortgage refi's.

:laugh:

sorry, couldn't resist. good luck!

My mom called. I received a call from a telemarketer too; they offered mortgage refi's.

I got excited when I got a call today from an area code in Chicago. I answered and heard, "Hello. Do you want to be involved in a recent medical lawsuit?" Tricky bastards!

haha okay I deserved that. I meant post-interview decisions. I'm literally panicking over here. Is the general time range from like 6-8 cst to receive a call (if you've been accepted)?

nothing? Am I the only one waiting?
I'm waiting, too. Interviewed 1/7, was told next Adcom meeting was today (I think they usually end around 6:00pm). I'm a little nervous since it's past 8:00 Chicago time.

If anybody's heard tonight please pipe up and put me out of my misery! Need to know if the silence means wait listed/rejected...

well i've completely taken over this thread (haha) but this will be my last post. For those reading who maybe have been reviewed last night, who maybe don't post, I emailed the admissions committee and they did indeed meet last night. So apparently I'm just waiting for my waitlist or rejection letter.... thoroughly depressed...

I feel your pain! I don't even have an interview here yet, but not rejected (yet). It's getting harder and harder to stay positive. I'm sure we will become doctors, and that's all that really matters anyway. Keep your chin up.

Congratulations to you both! Are you guys getting phone calls or emails?

Thanks, email. The only days they had available when I called were March 6th and 7th, which they told me were their last interview days.

Status
Not open for further replies.