Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure what that would entail, but I know it's possible. People have done it recently. It may be as simple as just selecting a new date on their portal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I received an II around August 14th, only available date was Oct 10th. I called the school the following week and spots opened up--bam--August 22nd interview day! Although being early in the cycle I think some students likely received acceptances to other schools, such as ACOM. Does not hurt to call and ask, but chances may be low to moderate. YMMV of course

Members don't see this ad.

Anymore II's? (Or WL/post secondary rejections)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted. So excited!! I fell in love with the school during the presentation before the interview. From the get go, this school prepares you for Boards. The facilities are state of the art and the best part is that the faculty truly cares about supporting you while you become a physician. So excited to be a part of the BCOM community!!! Good luck to those waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted. So excited!! I fell in love with the school during the presentation before the interview. From the get go, this school prepares you for Boards. The facilities are state of the art and the best part is that the faculty truly cares about supporting you while you become a physician. So excited to be a part of the BCOM community!!! Good luck to those waiting!
Are they eligible for financial aid yet?

Waitlisted here. I'm wondering why..I think it's cause I didn't smile enough lol anyway congrats to those accepted! The curriculum and facilities seemed top notch.

Are they eligible for financial aid yet?

From what I remember, not for 2017-2018. But I heard from 2018 and on, they are eligible. I will double check for sure in the next few days and get back to you.

Reactions: 1 users

Absolutely everything kj8210 just said!!! Btw, thank you so much for being the best interviewee buddy!!! I had a great time hanging out with you in Las Cruces the whole time!!! Churros for life (across the street from Andeles restaurant-great tasting!!) Or, at least for the next 4 years lol!

Best of wishes to all of you who are still on route to interview, waiting for decision, or just beginning to apply :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone used Uber the morning of the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it is to late to turn in a secondary here? I have a LizzyM of about 65

You can if you want, your score is high. They've already booked interviews out to December though. Don't know if you'd want to wait until then to interview.

Absolutely everything kj8210 just said!!! Btw, thank you so much for being the best interviewee buddy!!! I had a great time hanging out with you in Las Cruces the whole time!!! Churros for life! Or, at least for the next 4 years lol!

Best of wishes to all of you who are still on route to interview, waiting for decision, or just beginning to apply :)

+1
Just got accepted too! Maybe I can join this churro buddy system haha

Sent from my Studio 6.0 LTE using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys think it is to late to turn in a secondary here? I have a LizzyM of about 65
It is not late, I submitted my secondary on 9/11 and I received II yesterday. Although interview dates are full till December, there are also lot of people that will decline the II. So, if you want to go, would not worry too much and submit.

hey guys so i am interviewing here nov 4th and was wondering if anyone stayed at Sleep Inn for their interview and how they liked it?

hey guys so i am interviewing here nov 4th and was wondering if anyone stayed at Sleep Inn for their interview and how they liked it?

I think I talked to someone who did sleep there and he told me it was fine. I stayed at the Hilton because it was the same price as all the other hotels.

Well, as underdog I was pleasantly surprised and grateful for my BCOM acceptance. Interview went well, I enjoyed the interactions with faculty and students, and the area, but I recently was accepted to LECOM-SH which was even a greater surprise.Although I already have given the 3k deposit, I now have to consider the pros and cons of both. My instinct is towards LECOM, but I have 30 days until I need to fork over a 1k deposit to them.

Good Luck to those interviewing!

Reactions: 1 user
Well, as underdog I was pleasantly surprised and grateful for my BCOM acceptance. Interview went well, I enjoyed the interactions with faculty and students, and the area, but I recently was accepted to LECOM-SH which was even a greater surprise.Although I already have given the 3k deposit, I now have to consider the pros and cons of both. My instinct is towards LECOM, but I have 30 days until I need to fork over a 1k deposit to them.

Congratulations on your acceptances! I'm sure whichever school you go to, will give you a great medical education. You mind sharing (via reply or PM) your stats?

No one ever regretted having multiple options. Congratulations on your acceptances!

II!!!! FIRST OF THE SEASON! YASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT ACCEPTED/ GOT AN II!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OMG! There is a spot open for this Friday but coming from Miami, I don't think it's possible to make it. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing on the next available date 12/7/16. If anyone is dropping their interview date for an earlier time, PLEASE PM me so that I may be able to take the spot.

Ahhhh submitted 9/19 the wait is killing me. Do they do silent rejection?

Ahhhh submitted 9/19 the wait is killing me. Do they do silent rejection?
Relax my friend! Way back when I submitted my secondary (9/6/16) I called them and an admissions representative told me "Normally we give the II/WL/reject decision within a week, but because we are back logged, it will be closer to two weeks." I was freaking out last week because I heard nothing after 3 weeks lol. It's peak time in the medical school application cycle so I guess the ETA is more like 3 weeks - 1 month (which btw is still incredibly fast).

Does anyone know where to find current health care issues? I am preparing for interview at BCOM, any tips or suggestions ? And also Did anyone else receive an interview on friday? I know wednesday is the day, they make decisions and surprisingly I got an interview last Friday. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Relax my friend! Way back when I submitted my secondary (9/6/16) I called them and an admissions representative told me "Normally we give the II/WL/reject decision within a week, but because we are back logged, it will be closer to two weeks." I was freaking out last week because I heard nothing after 3 weeks lol. It's peak time in the medical school application cycle so I guess the ETA is more like 3 weeks - 1 month (which btw is still incredibly fast).
Yeah you're right I need to chill lol thanks for the calming words

Does anyone know where to find current health care issues? I am preparing for interview at BCOM, any tips or suggestions ? And also Did anyone else receive an interview on friday? I know wednesday is the day, they make decisions and surprisingly I got an interview last Friday. Thanks in advance

They talk about them during the presentation before the interviews but it's mainly just lack of resources for healthcare and language barriers.

Has anyone been able to move the interview date? Is there anyway to check open spots beside calling adcom?

Do they have admissions meetings every Wednesday?

Yup! They usually meet after the interview where the interviewers give their feedback. Then they make decisions Wednesday morning and send out emails by the afternoon.

Has anyone been able to move the interview date? Is there anyway to check open spots beside calling adcom?

As far as I noticed, there isn't a way to check otherwise. However, admissions is super friendly about everything and you could just ask them. :3

I emailed them and they told me that they placed me on a list of people to be notified when a more recent interview date opens up. Just contact them to be placed on the list. :)

Does anyone have statistics on what percentage of people that interview get accepted/rejected/WL?

Is there a facebook page for accepted students? if so, can someone link me?