Frog Eat Frog WWorld - An Amphibian Adventure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
frog_farm.jpg
Taricha_torosa%2C_Napa_County%2C_CA.jpg

860_main_Caecilians.png

Though amphibians are often grouped with reptiles into the general category of "herpetofauna", they are really quite a unique group of animals, straddling the line between aquatic and terrestrial life, and more closely related to fish than to any of the amniotes. Here we gather together many interesting species of anuran, urodelan, and caecilian. We hope that you will find your time here both informative and exciting!

Our first stop is Puerto Rico, where you will find the dwindling population of Peltophryne lemur, the Puerto Rican crested toad. Threatened by habitat loss and invasive species, this toad was thought to be extinct until it was rediscovered in the 60s. Now breeding programs are in places in zoos across North America, bolstering the wild populations with reintroductions in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

5996.jpeg

Isn't that just precious? But...wait. Something is wrong. It looks like someone or something has attacked this little pilot population of toads! Could it be the Giant Marine toad? The Indian mongoose? Or is it those pesky humans again? It's hard to say. In fact, it's hard to even determine any details about the toads that were killed. Their bodies have been...ravaged.

Special Game Mechanics:

This game has multiple roles that include a cannibal modifier. It works like this:​

• When a Cannibal night-kills someone, they take the body and put it in their larder, resulting in no role/alignment reveal for that kill. The Cannibal who performed the kill learns the role/alignment reveal via their result PM.
  • If a Cannibal night-kills another Cannibal, they take all of the bodies their target had, learning all the role/alignment information their target knew. This will include their target's night-kill target from that same night, if applicable.
  • If more than one Cannibal night-kills the same target, they will all learn the target's role/alignment information. They will not learn that their target was killed multiple times.
  • If two Cannibals night-kill each other, and are not in turn night-killed by yet another Cannibal, their role/alignment information, and that of all the bodies they possessed, is revealed on the thread.
  • The Cannibal mechanic has no effect on lynches. The role/alignment of the lynchee is always revealed. If a Cannibal is lynched, the role/alignment information of all their bodies is also revealed.
Other Game Setup Info

2 wolves
1 third party
3 village PRs
6 vanillagers

General Game Rules

• Every player should submit a lynch vote every day. Due to the size of the game, if you miss a day or fail to submit a night action (if you have one) you will be immediately subbed out. There will be no option to "No Lynch". Some night actions may be optional - please let us know if you are not going to be using your action.​
  • Absolutely no copy/paste or quoting from PMs. Do not try to use village code. It will fail, and I will mod kill you.​
  • You can edit posts, BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM. Please do not edit lynch votes.​
  • You are free to discuss your various amphibian role flavors as you wish. They are neither ability nor alignment indicative.​
  • All roles were assigned entirely by RNG, no exceptions.​
  • Remember to bold your lynch votes if possible, or use ##### if you cannot bold.​
  • If you wish to sub out, please notify us in your role PM. Substitutions should not be discussed on the thread.
  • The above rules are subject to modification at the mods' discretion. We will notify you if such changes occur.​

It is now Day 1. Lynch close will be at 11pm EST/ 8pm PST. Night close will generally be as soon as all actions are accounted for, or whenever the mods wake up. We're casual like that.

12 amphibians remain
1. @johnnaboo
2. @Ms Procrastinator
3. @Barkley13
4. @sheltermed
5. @mypetmoose
6. @Mad Jack
7. @genny
8. @mizchiefmanaged
9. @Miranda Senft
10. @PippyPony
11. @finnickthedog
12. @Caiter92

Your mods are myself and @Coopah. Ribbit.​

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
STARS
posting so i get this in my subscribed feed ignore me
STARS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've actually been on kind of a reptile/amphibian/fish kick recently so I am quite excited to learn more about the cute froggos

All I see happening right now is lynching. Joke lynches at that so there's really nothing to say
I was making a frog noise...

Reactions: 1 users
greetings

lynch pippy

rng

Lynch Moose also cuz trust issues

Day 1 Friendly Froggo Lynch Tally

jboo (1) - finny
mpm (1) - jboo
miz (1) - barks
MJ (1) - pippy
MOOSE (2) - MsP, mpm
Pippy (1) - shelter
MsP (1) - miz

@Miranda Senft You are winning! Everyone else is close behind!

8/12 votes
Deadline: 11pm EST/8pm PST (~7 hours)

giphy.gif

Love you and accept this :kiss:

Lynch mpm

Why do we have trust issues???
Because I thought that I had a good handle on how you play after the hydra Twoose experience but uh... I was wrong. I did not have you pegged as a wolf last game in tot chat, not even close

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I've never heard a frog make that sound before. Fun fact, crocodiles sound somewhat similar to bullfrogs.
I thiiink alligators make that bullfrog noise too? Mating call or something? Or maybe it's the weird crocodiles that coexist with gators in the Everglades that I'm thinking about... @WildZoo you are from Florida, explain plz

I thiiink alligators make that bullfrog noise too? Mating call or something? Or maybe it's the weird crocodiles that coexist with gators in the Everglades that I'm thinking about... @WildZoo you are from Florida, explain plz
American Alligators and American Crocodiles do coexist in the Everglades, I think it's more often the alligators that make the bellowing sound though, and it is a mating call that males and females will make back and forth. You could say it's like the characteristic bullfrog "jug-o-rum" but much, much louder.

Me too, especially since there is only one third party player listed in the breakdown...
I'm thinking that there are some villagers that are cannibal and maybe one wolf that is a cannibal. The third party might also be a cannibal. Maybe the mechanic has to do with the animals themselves and not PR? Bullfrogs and Salamanders exhibit cannibalistic behaviors.

For example:

• When a Cannibal night-kills someone, they take the body and put it in their larder, resulting in no role/alignment reveal for that kill. The Cannibal who performed the kill learns the role/alignment reveal via their result PM.
    • This might be when a wolf /3p/ cannibal villager kills a regular villager/wolf (or maybe all wolves are cannibals :shrug:)

• If a Cannibal night-kills another Cannibal, they take all of the bodies their target had, learning all the role/alignment information their target knew. This will include their target's night-kill target from that same night, if applicable.
    • This might be when a 3p/wolf/village cannibal kills a wolf/3p/ village who's a cannibal. The 3p might definitely be a cannibal
  • If more than one Cannibal night-kills the same target, they will all learn the target's role/alignment information. They will not learn that their target was killed multiple times.
    • Maybe a 3p/ village/wolf cannibal go after the same person
  • If two Cannibals night-kill each other, and are not in turn night-killed by yet another Cannibal, their role/alignment information, and that of all the bodies they possessed, is revealed on the thread.
    • This leads me to believe that not all cannibals are of the same alignment cause why would they want to kill each other. So there may be at least one cannibal villager, wolf and 3p. However if there are three or more cannibals in the game that can kill , the game would be over really quickly so idk. I could see the village cannibal (if there is one) being more restrained when it comes to killing since they could kill a villager.
  • The Cannibal mechanic has no effect on lynches. The role/alignment of the lynchee is always revealed. If a Cannibal is lynched, the role/alignment information of all their bodies is also revealed.
I could be wrong about everything though. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it works :shrug:

Is there really only one page?? I didn’t get a lunch break and was expecting to have more to catch up on. So imma drive home first before voting. :kiss:
You got three hours

Day 1 Friendly Froggo Lynch Tally

jboo (1) - finny
mpm (1) - jboo
miz (1) - barks
MJ (1) - pippy
MOOSE (2) - MsP, mpm
Pippy (2) - shelter, MJ
MsP (1) - miz
caiter (1) - MOOSE

@Miranda Senft and @PippyPony You are winning! Everyone else is close behind!

10/12 votes
Roll call: @genny @Caiter92
Deadline: 11pm EST/8pm PST (~3 hours)

giphy.gif