UFCVM c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow 3 instate waitlisters got called off the list that's awesome!

Was anyone else here committed to Auburn before? I was and I heard from Mrs Kaye in Auburn admissions that there was another Auburn member that was declining their seat at auburn because they were offered an IS at UF as well. lol If that person isn't one of these three then means 4 IS people were contacted.

Members don't see this ad.

Was anyone else here committed to Auburn before? I was and I heard from Mrs Kaye in Auburn admissions that there was another Auburn member that was declining their seat at auburn because they were offered an IS at UF as well. lol If that person isn't one of these three then means 4 IS people were contacted.
Well glad we got off!

Do any of you know if there is a facebook page for UFCVM c/o 2020? My friend is going and was wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their intro packet yet?

This is such a random question, but do UFCVM students purchase regular UF decals? Also, where on your car must the decal be located?

This is such a random question, but do UFCVM students purchase regular UF decals? Also, where on your car must the decal be located?
Yes, you purchase decals through main campus. They are stickers that go on the inside right windshield.

Yes, you purchase decals through main campus. They are stickers that go on the inside right windshield.

Is parking really that terrible on campus? I've heard scooters are worth it but not sure I want to spend the money on buying one.

Is parking really that terrible on campus? I've heard scooters are worth it but not sure I want to spend the money on buying one.
I'll be honest... It's pretty bad. But as long as you get to school by 8am parking usually isn't a problem. Most days, class starts at 8:30am. There are multiple parking lots around the vet school, but anyone with a UF decal can park there so they fill up fast. There is a large parking garage not too far away, so that's usually where you have to park if you get to school past 9-10am.

That being said, I have a car and have only really gotten stuck with parking problems a handful of times in 3 years.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, not sure anyone will reply to this or not. I'm just a undergrad youth and I had a question about the animal science pre-req at UF. Does have to specifically be intro to animal science, or can it be something more specific than that? I'm in intro to poultry science at UGA right now and was wondering if that would count or not (I'm going to go with no, but worth a shot). Thanks!

Hey, not sure anyone will reply to this or not. I'm just a undergrad youth and I had a question about the animal science pre-req at UF. Does have to specifically be intro to animal science, or can it be something more specific than that? I'm in intro to poultry science at UGA right now and was wondering if that would count or not (I'm going to go with no, but worth a shot). Thanks!

No it specifically has to be intro to animal science. It can be a pain for people like me who don't have that class offered, but UF is nice enough to allow you to take it the summer before matriculation if needed. So yes, take it, ace it, boost your GPA!

No it specifically has to be intro to animal science. It can be a pain for people like me who don't have that class offered, but UF is nice enough to allow you to take it the summer before matriculation if needed. So yes, take it, ace it, boost your GPA!
Awesome thanks! I actually added a minor in animal science because the classes were awesome for it, and it requires i take intro to animal sci and animal nutrition anyway haha

Hey everyone,

I really need all of your help!

In short, I applied this cycle for the class of 2021. Two of the schools I applied to require Calculus (UF and U Penn). The rest only require up to statistics (which I have already taken), or a higher level math like trig or college algebra (which only a few schools require which I can take this winter or spring). I am currently taking Precalculus because it is the prereq for Calculus. So my plan was to take precalc now, and calculus in the spring. However, precalculus is not going well and I am most likely going to drop it (I have a positively awful teacher who does not teach well and goes WAY too fast). I have done everything I can to do better on these exams, but I have not been able to pass (with NO help from my teacher).

My options that I need help with:
-To continue with precalc and hope that I am somehow able to pull off a C. Although I do not even want a C. I fear if I stay in the class I will not even get a C which I cannot afford to do.
-The other option would be to drop it, and take trig or college algebra in the winter or spring instead (since they are easier and only a few schools require a higher level math). The downside to that is I would no longer be eligible for UF or U Penn.

If I drop precalc, I will get my third W (not in a row), and have to find another option for taking precalculus now or over the winter to be able to start calculus in the spring. I fear if I stay in the class I will not pass it (which I cannot afford to do for my gpa).

**What I really want to know though, is my chances of getting an interview to Florida. Because if I don't have a good chance of getting in, I am definitely not struggling through precalculus just to get a mediocre grade.

My stats are roughly (at time of application):
OOS resident

GPA from my primary school: 3.64
Cumulative GPA of all schools together: 3.49 Cumulative GPA with replacement grade: 3.56
Science GPA all schools: 3.21 Science GPA all schools with replacement grade: 3.31
Last 45 units all schools: 3.06 Last 45 units all schools with replacement grade: 3.19

GRE: 149V, 148Q, 4.0

I have over 3,500 hours total of veterinary experience with additional animal experience too. I have worked as a veterinary technician doing ALL major tech work for the past 4-5 years. My veterinary and animal experiences are in small animal, large animal, exotics, avian, wildlife, Public Health, equine, and animal shelters. EC: musician, artist, President and VP of my club, and more.

**GPA is due to two not so stellar grades because of deaths in the family (which I explained in my ES).

Like I said, what I really would like to know is if you guys think I can actually get an interview to Florida. That way I will know if I need to first take pre-calc to then take Calculus. Also FYI I also need to still take Ochem II for them, and probably two humanities courses.

I chose to write here because I only want to know about my chances for Florida.

Any help would be appreciated, and please only good constructive comments! Thank you!

Last edited: