2008-2009 Albert Einstein Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so now that AECOM has sent out an initial wave of acceptances covering earlier (thru early nov?) interviews, are they going full rolling or still sending in batches? anybody know any further info?

Members don't see this ad.

so now that AECOM has sent out an initial wave of acceptances covering earlier (thru early nov?) interviews, are they going full rolling or still sending in batches? anybody know any further info?

Not sure if this answers your question but I interviewed Jan 7th and was told I'd hear back in 6-8 weeks. I would guess they're rolling from now on but I could be wrong.

I expected a decision soon after Jan. 15. I didn't hear for a while, decided to call and heard that they had not made a decision. Today I got an email acceptance so keep you eye on your inbox I guess. I REALLY liked AECOM, but I will be going somewhere else. Hope one of you get the spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received the "more favorable" waitlist yet? I know in previous years, AECOM had 2 separate waitlist list, (1)favorable and (2)regular. Thanks. I really like AECOM and would give up my 2 acceptances (GW and UIC) if I can get off their waitlist. Thanks-

Last edited:
I expected a decision soon after Jan. 15. I didn't hear for a while, decided to call and heard that they had not made a decision. Today I got an email acceptance so keep you eye on your inbox I guess. I REALLY liked AECOM, but I will be going somewhere else. Hope one of you get the spot!

When did you interview, may I ask?

I got my acceptance letter last week! By any chance: is there revisit? I would really like to meet others who might be classmates (even if only on SDN).

I got my acceptance letter last week! By any chance: is there revisit? I would really like to meet others who might be classmates (even if only on SDN).

no second visit that i know about, but i did start this thread, it's a little quiet right now but i assume it'll pick up as soon as people start choosing for sure which school they're going to!

AECOM c/o 2013 thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=595849

i send them a letter of interest and i got no response to it yet...how long after do they reply??

i send them a letter of interest and i got no response to it yet...how long after do they reply??

For me, I got one the next business day. (I sent it on Friday.)

Has anyone gotten an invite recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 12/2 and got an acceptance e-mail today. I thought they weren't doing e-mails?

I have seen that people get rejected post Interview. Has anybody been rejected post secondary?

I sent them an update email with more awards and research stuff, but would a letter of interest help my case? I've been complete there for a while now..:confused:

me 2...i've been complete since sept......i called them yesterday and they told me they wouldn't respond to our updates sent thru email since it automaticallly goes in to our file...i have no idea what going on....i feel helpless

I sent a letter of update on Saturday, they emailed me Monday that its been added to my file. Though I have not heard from them about receiving my secondary application which was mailed. Do they usually give a notice once they received everything and ready to review?

I sent a letter of update on Saturday, they emailed me Monday that its been added to my file. Though I have not heard from them about receiving my secondary application which was mailed. Do they usually give a notice once they received everything and ready to review?

ya they have a complete email that they send out.

I called them today and they said that I was complete since october 31st; I don't think it looks too good. (I really want to check out NY again :rolleyes: )

I interviewed on 12/2 and got an acceptance e-mail today. I thought they weren't doing e-mails?

Congrats on your acceptance! :luck: So it took them like 2 months to make a decision?...sounds like a long wait.

Congrats on your acceptance! :luck: So it took them like 2 months to make a decision?...sounds like a long wait.
Considering some of these other schools are making me wait about 3 months, 8 weeks feels like nothing :D

I know they say people will hear back 6-8 weeks after their interviews, but does anyone know how long they usually take (in reality)? It seems like it takes as little as a month to longer than 2 months. Does it depend on how long it takes your interviewer to give in your feedback, or does it depend on the strength of the applicant (so if you were a definite yes you'll hear back sooner, but if they're not sure they might take their time and see how other people are)?

I know they say people will hear back 6-8 weeks after their interviews, but does anyone know how long they usually take (in reality)? It seems like it takes as little as a month to longer than 2 months. Does it depend on how long it takes your interviewer to give in your feedback, or does it depend on the strength of the applicant (so if you were a definite yes you'll hear back sooner, but if they're not sure they might take their time and see how other people are)?

I believe it's a combination of the two as well as your interviewer and the person who agreed to give you an interview can both attend the same adcom meeting.

I believe it's a combination of the two as well as your interviewer and the person who agreed to give you an interview can both attend the same adcom meeting.

That seems strange to me... if so, it's probably just a scheduling issue? Does anyone at AECOM know about the admissions process after a student has an interview?

How long was it before you got an interview?? Also, are they still doing interviews, I thought they stopped in February.:(

My application was complete at the end of October (yes, very late) and I got an interview invite in the first week of November, for an interview in February. It says on their website that the last interview date is June 1, but I'm pretty sure that would be for a waiting list spot. You should probably call the admissions office (they're really nice) and ask if they're still giving interviews. Good luck!

My application was complete at the end of October (yes, very late) and I got an interview invite in the first week of November, for an interview in February. It says on their website that the last interview date is June 1, but I'm pretty sure that would be for a waiting list spot. You should probably call the admissions office (they're really nice) and ask if they're still giving interviews. Good luck!

My interview's in early March but they didn't mention about interviewing for waitlist. Unless they tell you in the email explicitly, you are interviewing for a spot in the class.

Yes, they are still doing interviews. Good luck. :luck:

Cool thanks a lot guys... I didn't get to see AECOM, when I had an interview at NYMC, but how would you guys compare the two?

Hey guys, so I am in the process of writing a LOI to the admissions office. For those of you whom already have done so or have experience in this process...I was just wondering who I send the letter to?? Did you just send the letter to the admissions office or to the actual dean of admissions???

Hey guys, I never completed my application and got an e-mail this morning that it's incomplete, and encouraging me to complete it, since the deadline is in March. But they just want my money, right? I mean could I become complete in late Feb and still get an interview invite?

I'm not sure if someone was able to answer this, but I'll re-post it:

Has anyone received the "more favorable" waitlist yet? I know in previous years, AECOM had 2 separate waitlists: 1.) favorably reviewed and 2.) regular. Thanks. I really like AECOM and would give up my 2 acceptances (GW and UIC) if I can get off the waitlist. Thanks! :luck::luck:

I interviewed here mid December, and still haven't gotten a response! Is anyone else on the same boat? They are killing me here....

Hey guys,
My interview is scheduled for March 4th...I know there are some schools (like BU) who interview in 2 rounds (September-December, then Jan to late March) and for the second round it doesn’t matter whether you interview early on (i.e Jan) or the last possible interview date (late March). Is AECOM the same? Or does a late interview date indicate less of an interest?

Thanks!! and good luck to everyone!!!
:D

Hey guys,
My interview is scheduled for March 4th...I know there are some schools (like BU) who interview in 2 rounds (September-December, then Jan to late March) and for the second round it doesn’t matter whether you interview early on (i.e Jan) or the last possible interview date (late March). Is AECOM the same? Or does a late interview date indicate less of an interest?

Thanks!! and good luck to everyone!!!
:D

When did you get the invite?

so the last minute secondary would be a waste of money?
I'm a little confused, because what someone in the admissions office wrote to me in an e-mail was that interviews run though late march. However, the website says June. So do they interview for waitlist spots Apr-June, or do they not interview at all during that period?

Ok, here goes:

AECOM is my last interview and also my top choice. My interview is 2/24, and I would really appreciate any advice people can give me about the interview/school. I am really hoping to impress and want to do the best I can. I have looked through the interview feedback thread, but there really aren't that many dissimilar posts there. I am staying with a student, and have been told that they will rate me, so I am preparing for that already.

Thanks in advance. Please PM me if you don't want to put too much on the thread.

Ok, here goes:

AECOM is my last interview and also my top choice. My interview is 2/24, and I would really appreciate any advice people can give me about the interview/school. I am really hoping to impress and want to do the best I can. I have looked through the interview feedback thread, but there really aren't that many dissimilar posts there. I am staying with a student, and have been told that they will rate me, so I am preparing for that already.

Thanks in advance. Please PM me if you don't want to put too much on the thread.

i stayed with a student host and i had no idea that they "rated" me?? and i also posted interview feedback, they're all pretty similar because everyone seemed to have a really relaxed interview! be yourself, express interest, and i'm sure you'll do fine! good luck!

i stayed with a student host and i had no idea that they "rated" me?? and i also posted interview feedback, they're all pretty similar because everyone seemed to have a really relaxed interview! be yourself, express interest, and i'm sure you'll do fine! good luck!

yeah, i was unaware of the rating from student hosts too...

Ok, here goes:

The interviews tend to be relaxed. Just be yourself and really think about why you want to attend Einstein.

Thanks guys!

I asked a friend of mine who went to the school if the host rates you, and he said something along the lines of "Why else would they require you to email your host request to them and then they find you a host." Makes sense that they would work it this way so they know who stayed with whom, and can check back on it.

Anyone heard anything from Einstein lately? I interviewed 1/7 and the wait is killing me though I realize many December interviewees haven't even heard.

Anyone heard anything from Einstein lately? I interviewed 1/7 and the wait is killing me though I realize many December interviewees haven't even heard.

Yes--it seems they have a slower turnaround. I interviewed (off-site) on 11/24 and just heard back from them last Thursday, Feb 12th. (The news was worth the wait though :) )

Good luck!

I guess I'll repeat my question, would completing my application right now just be a waste of $115?

Yes--it seems they have a slower turnaround. I interviewed (off-site) on 11/24 and just heard back from them last Thursday, Feb 12th. (The news was worth the wait though :) )

Good luck!

Congratulations! Were you accepted via email or postal mail?

I guess I'll repeat my question, would completing my application right now just be a waste of $115?

Not even a question. The only reason to complete the application this late would be because you either haven't gotten any interviews or did not get good responses back from the ones you did have. If that is the case, applying at the deadline will not help you much. They will have so many files ahead of yours that they probably wouldn't even get to you before their last interview date. It would be a complete waste of money.

Congratulations! Were you accepted via email or postal mail?

Thank you--I found out via email. Checking it neurotically finally paid off ahha.

...Anyone know any details on how the Madoff scandal will affect things at Einstein? I was trying to find more info on it and all I could find was that Yeshiva University was going to look into cutting administrative costs to help offset their loss. They froze undergrad tuition but no news on graduate school tuition. I'd cite the source but I didn't keep it. Any current students hear anything? Any kind of press release? ...I imagine regardless they'd play it off like it's not a big deal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.