2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R today too

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I do not see a place to upload a letter of intent probably because I have not had a decision yet. But does anyone know if it is okay to send a letter of intent prior to their admission decision?

I do not see a place to upload a letter of intent probably because I have not had a decision yet. But does anyone know if it is okay to send a letter of intent prior to their admission decision?
You can upload it to your secondary application portal where you uploaded your picture prior to the interview. You should have Miscellaneous slots for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
II last night, but can I fully expect to be waitlisted at this point? I was pretty much ready to commit elsewhere lol

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II as well. OOS. Complete early Aug.
I'm going to politely decline. Interview slots available April 6-8.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
II last night, but can I fully expect to be waitlisted at this point? I was pretty much ready to commit elsewhere lol
I would say probably waitlist this late in the cycle but the waitlist will likely be very fluid this year. If you are ready to commit elsewhere to a school you like better then I wouldn't bother attending the II but if you are super interested in the program and would possibly attend here I would say go for it!

Anyone go to Second Look / Revisit day? We got an email a few weeks back and nothing to followup so I missed the date

In a letter of intent (was recently placed on CC list), should you state the other schools you have offers from? My pre-med advisor at college told me I should and say I have financial aid scholarships too, but I feel like it comes across extremely arrogant? Thoughts? Anyone have experience? it's framed like "though I have acceptances at XYZ along with scholarships, Temple is still #1. Please let me in or I will cry"

Reactions: 1 user
In a letter of intent (was recently placed on CC list), should you state the other schools you have offers from? My pre-med advisor at college told me I should and say I have financial aid scholarships too, but I feel like it comes across extremely arrogant? Thoughts? Anyone have experience? it's framed like "though I have acceptances at XYZ along with scholarships, Temple is still #1. Please let me in or I will cry"
I think it depends on the way Temple translates it. They could go "oh yeah, this student is hot stuff. We definitely want this person." It could also go the other way where they are like "since this person already has a whole bunch of As and scholarships, they don't necessarily need us." My guess is if they view the schools you listed as equals, the first scenario would be the case. If they view the schools as beneath them, the second scenario is more likely. To be on the safer side, I wouldn't mention the other schools.

This is just my opinion. I have no experience whatsoever. I just told it the question was processed in my head. Someone else could say otherwise. You can search for LOIs online and see what the several websites say about it.

I think it depends on the way Temple translates it. They could go "oh yeah, this student is hot stuff. We definitely want this person." It could also go the other way where they are like "since this person already has a whole bunch of As and scholarships, they don't necessarily need us." My guess is if they view the schools you listed as equals, the first scenario would be the case. If they view the schools as beneath them, the second scenario is more likely. To be on the safer side, I wouldn't mention the other schools.

This is just my opinion. I have no experience whatsoever. I just told it the question was processed in my head. Someone else could say otherwise. You can search for LOIs online and see what the several websites say about it.
Thank you! and yes, I worried about the latter too. 2 are ranked above according to PD rankings, and other 2 below (where the aid is from), will look into some other online examples and such too.

I think Temple got 18,000 accomplished applicants this year. They may not feel a bidding war is necessary to attract strong matriculants. If you have multiple offers of acceptance your are indeed having a very strong cycle. If you are getting merit or other types of scholarships that is incredible as those generally are very limited, and if given may require a commitment to serve in areas that may not attract enough physicians. Schools like employers, appreciate a perspective of what you can do for them and what you bring consistent with their mission, if you want to also express what they can do for you and note your other options if they are not agreeable that is a personal choice only you can determine. Great cycle, you will find a place that is right for you!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the Pre-ii R. Good luck to everyone still in the running.

• Care
Pre-II R as well. Good luck!

• Care
Just to add a data point, II received last night but withdrawing

has there been much movement on the continuing candidates list yet? does a lot of movement usually happen?

has there been much movement on the continuing candidates list yet? does a lot of movement usually happen?
Looks like there was a good amount of movement last year, but it didn't start until the first week of May. They said CC movement wouldn't start until after April 30th in my interview so I wouldn't expect anything until then.

Had my interview yesterday and fell in love with Temple (sigh) and just curious: anyone know if the CC list is ranked in any way? Have a feeling that's where I'll end up...

I know WL movement is minimal before May 1, but there was at least 1 last decision day, so anyone know when they next decision day is for most recent interviews? Assuming they stick with the trend of 2nd Tuesday of the month, so it might be tomorrow?

I know WL movement is minimal before May 1, but there was at least 1 last decision day, so anyone know when they next decision day is for most recent interviews? Assuming they stick with the trend of 2nd Tuesday of the month, so it might be tomorrow?
I interviewed on 3/9. During interview day, an admissions staff person told us to expect a decision by early April. They were vague and didn't give an exact date. I then called the admissions office a couple weeks later to see if I could get a better answer. They told me that they were delaying decisions until LATE April because they were interviewing more people than they initially planned to.

Sooo really I have no clue what's going on.

I interviewed on 3/9. During interview day, an admissions staff person told us to expect a decision by early April. They were vague and didn't give an exact date. I then called the admissions office a couple weeks later to see if I could get a better answer. They told me that they were delaying decisions until LATE April because they were interviewing more people than they initially planned to.

Sooo really I have no clue what's going on.
Yeah I heard April 20 is when we’ll hear back

they said april 20!

Anyone get off the WL today? Or are today's acceptances all reserved for people who haven't received any decisions yet?

Was just put on the continuing candidates list . Interviewed end of March

• Care
Did your email say WL or continuing candidates list? Wondering if there's a difference!

Did your email say WL or continuing candidates list? Wondering if there's a difference!
It said continuing candidates. I thought it was the same 😅, in the email it says « Most offers to continuing candidates are made after April 30th and may be extended until the beginning of our orientation program in August. »

Anyone get off the WL today? Or are today's acceptances all reserved for people who haven't received any decisions yet?
I got off the waitlist. Waitlisted about a month ago.

Reactions: 6 users