2021-2022 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do first year students get to interact with real patients through the doctoring colleges?
Yes, you are assigned to a preceptor who you will need to shadow a certain number of times in your first year. You are also welcome to contact other preceptors (in your college or other colleges) for opportunities as well. The preceptors may pick out patients for you to practice interacting with, like taking histories and/or doing physical exams depending on far along you are in doctoring.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the continued interest survey. Did you get any kind of confirmation email that the survey was complete? I want to make sure they received mine.
Nope! I had the exact same thought, phew

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you are assigned to a preceptor who you will need to shadow a certain number of times in your first year. You are also welcome to contact other preceptors (in your college or other colleges) for opportunities as well. The preceptors may pick out patients for you to practice interacting with, like taking histories and/or doing physical exams depending on far along you are in doctoring.
Are you doing anything active in using the medical skills you learned in Philly ( preferably pertaining to TEACH/THRIVE clinics)? I really want to get some insight into what it's like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you doing anything active in using the medical skills you learned in Philly ( preferably pertaining to TEACH/THRIVE clinics)? I really want to get some insight into what it's like.
It was a little difficult for my class in particular, given that a lot of extracurricular activities/annual club events were put on hold because of the pandemic. However, I was able to participate in a health screening event through another club this year, where students measured blood pressure, calculated height/weight for BMI, did eye exams, etc. If you would like more info, please DM me. I can see if there's someone you can speak with about TEAC/THRIVE.

Last edited:
Is there any current students that can speak on whether the exams are in-house questions or NBME?

I just went onto the Temple portal and saw where it said "applicant" before, now says "Admitted"!!! Is this real????!!!? CYMS isn't open for me yet (no other As) and no email from Temple...

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Does anyone have the match list for this year? I can’t find it anywhere, also it looks like they didn’t post their step 1 and 2 pass rates and avg scores, anyone have those? Thanks!

I just went onto the Temple portal and saw where it said "applicant" before, now says "Admitted"!!! Is this real????!!!? CYMS isn't open for me yet (no other As) and no email from Temple...
Congratulations! Were you ever on the Continuing Candidates List?

Reactions: 2 users
A today. First saw it on Temple portal, then got offical email. Was placed on continued candidates list in January or February (i forget)

I sent an update letter 3 weeks ago. Everyone keep hope!!!! this was my first A, wishing the best to all of you!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the match list for this year? I can’t find it anywhere, also it looks like they didn’t post their step 1 and 2 pass rates and avg scores, anyone have those? Thanks!
I second this notion about the Temple match list. Couldn't find it either. Thanks!

Congratulations! Were you ever on the Continuing Candidates List?
Thanks! Yea I interviewed in January, got on the WL in March and then off the waitlist.
Did you list Temple as your first choice on the survey for those accepted off the CC list? Or did you just list it as one of your top choices?
Yeah I picked the first option, which was that Temple was my first choice.

Does anybody know anything about the Temple waitlist? It looks like a couple of people have gotten in, but its hard being so in the dark on this. Are acceptances sent out in bunches? Have many spots been filled since the beginning of May? In my interview I thought they said that they take a lot of people off the waitlist but at this point I'm not sure where things stand.

Does anybody know anything about the Temple waitlist? It looks like a couple of people have gotten in, but its hard being so in the dark on this. Are acceptances sent out in bunches? Have many spots been filled since the beginning of May? In my interview I thought they said that they take a lot of people off the waitlist but at this point I'm not sure where things stand.
I believe the individuals who got in were interviewed relatively early ( January), so I think they are going through the waitlist according to the date you interviewed. I interviewed on April 6th, so I honestly expect some time before I hear anything back. Still optimistic!

I believe the individuals who got in were interviewed relatively early ( January), so I think they are going through the waitlist according to the date you interviewed. I interviewed on April 6th, so I honestly expect some time before I hear anything back. Still optimistic!
Seems like it. Has any one that interviewed March - Apr been accepted yet?

Hm, I wonder if that’s the case. I interviewed March 22, hoping I can hear back sooner rather than later!

Manifesting acceptance for us all so I don’t have to reapply plz god 🥲🥲🥲🥲

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Soo do we think that there's yet to be a big wave of WL movement coming up? I'm a little concerned since on last year's thread it seemed like the biggest wave of WL movement was in the first week of May...

Soo do we think that there's yet to be a big wave of WL movement coming up? I'm a little concerned since on last year's thread it seemed like the biggest wave of WL movement was in the first week of May...
Considering the low count (109) in this year’s FB group, I feel like a big wave is still fair game

Reactions: 4 users

I hope so!!

It seems like last year there was a lot of movement. Only two people in here were offered acceptances as of last week off the WL, so it seems like there would still be quite a bit of movement that will happen.

To those who sent LOIs, did you upload them to the application portal or email the admissions office? I uploaded mine to the portal a few weeks ago but don't know if it should have been sent via email

To those who sent LOIs, did you upload them to the application portal or email the admissions office? I uploaded mine to the portal a few weeks ago but don't know if it should have been sent via email
I sent mine via email. I am not sure whether they are still using the original secondary application portal or not (after they told me they would add it to my file, it was never uploaded to the secondary portal).

I was expecting more people to hear back today because I thought Tuesday was a common decision day for them... I'm so confused as well

No use calling admissions: they said their WL process is extremely confidential

• Sad
I'm getting increasingly anxious and losing hope :( The FB group is at 116 (I feel neurotic checking so often) but I keep thinking there must be people accepted who don't have facebook

I'm getting increasingly anxious and losing hope :( The FB group is at 116 (I feel neurotic checking so often) but I keep thinking there must be people accepted who don't have facebook
116 is a great number considering a typical class size of ~160. Usually FB groups have more than the class size due to current med student joining in

idk if this is helpful but I’m in the Facebook group, and there are no current students except for the one MS1 admin. There have been +15 people in the past week but unsure if these are from the WL or just people who delayed joining

idk if this is helpful but I’m in the Facebook group, and there are no current students except for the one MS1 admin. There have been +15 people in the past week but unsure if these are from the WL or just people who delayed joining
Thanks for sharing! I think that is pretty encouraging. I also think the classes tend to be closer towards 200 than 160 so there are still potentially quite a few spots open.

Is it possible there’s just minimal waitlist movement this year? :(
I mean it is possible, but it seems like there will still be a wave of acceptance coming. It is only May 11th and based on everything it seems like there are likely some spots to fill

How were you added to the FB page? I was admitted off of the wait list last Tuesday and haven't gotten anything about that yet.

How were you added to the FB page? I was admitted off of the wait list last Tuesday and haven't gotten anything about that yet.
It was sent in an email to people who were already admitted at the time of second look. If you search on Facebook for Lewis Katz school of medicine class of 2026 you should be able to see it and request to join

Does any one know if Temple students needs cars to get around or is Septa enough? Especially for clinicals

I just got an acceptance letter just now. Interviewed 1/19, waitlisted late February. Y'all got this!

Depression lol… I was WL end of March. Gonna pretend more offers are coming for those of us who were waitlisted later. Thanks for updating guys!!

Depression lol… I was WL end of March. Gonna pretend more offers are coming for those of us who were waitlisted later. Thanks for updating guys!!
I had end of April waitlist. Seems like everything has been from earlier interviews thus far. Would be nice to know what their process is.

I had end of April waitlist. Seems like everything has been from earlier interviews thus far. Would be nice to know what their process is.

I think maybe the waitlist is ranked by the order you were put on? Maybe not, but just throwing that out there.

Feel like I’ve several people who interviewed in January get off.

Does any one know if Temple students needs cars to get around or is Septa enough? Especially for clinicals
It depends on where you live (for preclinicals). If you're in proximity to the broad street line you don't need a car, but if you live up in Roxborough/Manayunk/East Falls you probably will. During clinical years you will most likely need a car, as some clinical sites are pretty far.

Less people now on FB page... maybe some spots opening up???