2021-2022 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people with at least one acceptance:
There's nothing stopping you from thinking through the comparison of schools where you still have a possibility of admission now.
If you later got an offer on April 29, which would you choose?
If you would not choose the school you are still waiting to hear from, do you want to still wait to hear from them, or do you want to start making plans for the school you now have?

Of course you don't have control over when you hear back from schools. But you don't have to be passive while you wait to hear, either.
Read up, look up, check up on the schools still in the running now so you will know what to do.
A later offer of admission might have a very short time window for you to accept or decline, and there may not be any financial aid information available to you within that time window.
Actually, the protocols call for anyone receiving a decision on or before 5/2 this year to have at least 2 weeks to make a decision. As a result, you could PTE to a school you have before that time AND keep a Temple A that you receive on 4/29 until 5/13 without violating any requirement.

The school you PTE to will not see your Temple A until you select it as your PTE school, and Temple will not enforce the prohibition against holding more than one A after 5/2 until you have had two weeks to consider their A. So, you actually don't have to think about anything until you actually receive the acceptance. If you have any doubt, feel free to confirm directly with Temple.

Also, while it is true that, technically, no school HAS to tell you anything about pricing before forcing you to make a decision, it's a SDN adcom "sellers' market" myth that this happens in the real world. In my observation over three cycles now, I have not seen a single school refuse a request to extend a deadline while financial aid information is pending. Which makes perfect sense, because it's unreasonable to expect anyone to make a potential ~$400K commitment without knowing the cost. After all, there are laws preventing grocers from selling you a loaf of bread without clearly displaying the price prior to check out! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After talking to admissions, I believe that all II's are officially given out

I called them today and they said they'll be sending out invites till the 14th

Reactions: 9 users
Does Temple have a Facebook group and has anyone heard anything about a second look at LKSOM?
Temple will have a Facebook group for accepted students later in the cycle.

Also, currently an M2, transitioning into clerkships. My class was the first to go through the new one pass curriculum, so happy to answer any questions! Feel free to contact me via DM.

Members don't see this ad :)
+2, congrats to all those accepted! And fingers crossed for anyone currently hanging out on a waitlist
+3, wasn't holding out too much hope but still sad to not get a last-minute hail Mary lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Well, I guess I am +12 in the R wave then. Big fat one, complete late July, OOS

i hope you missed the R wave !!! (i didn't lol +11 its been nice yall best of luck)
OMG thank you I unwatched this thread whenever it was announced that interviews were done being sent out but I did in fact get rejected lol. Maybe next year

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Is it realistic that Temple will be sending acceptances at the end of the month? Something tells me they will be waitlisting/rejecting

Reactions: 1 user
Is it realistic that Temple will be sending acceptances at the end of the month? Something tells me they will be waitlisting/rejecting
Looking at last year’s thread there was a handful of late interviewers who got accepted end of April

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they’ll pull from the waitlist before accepting more people with late interviews?

Hello, I have an interview for temple's post bac program and I heard that the interview is similar to the actual med school interview. Could someone explain what the group interview with the North Philadelphia community member is like? Are the questions the typical interview questions or are they focused on certain types of questions, such as ethical or something related to community service?

Hello, I have an interview for temple's post bac program and I heard that the interview is similar to the actual med school interview. Could someone explain what the group interview with the North Philadelphia community member is like? Are the questions the typical interview questions or are they focused on certain types of questions, such as ethical or something related to community service?
There is little we can tell you without violating the NDA - but I can tell you that my group interview definitely felt a lot more conversational than my faculty interviews. I think they more want to get a feel of how you are perceived by the actual patient population they serve, as well as how you operate in a group setting. Best of luck!

There is little we can tell you without violating the NDA - but I can tell you that my group interview definitely felt a lot more conversational than my faculty interviews. I think they more want to get a feel of how you are perceived by the actual patient population they serve, as well as how you operate in a group setting. Best of luck!
Thank you!!!

Do first year students get to interact with real patients through the doctoring colleges?

Just got put on the continuing candidates list :/ Interviewed in March. Not really surprised as it kinda felt like my main faculty interviewer was interrogating me/didn’t want to be there. Oh well!

Just got put on the continuing candidates list :/ Interviewed in March. Not really surprised as it kinda felt like my main faculty interviewer was interrogating me/didn’t want to be there. Oh well!
+1 but I thought my interview went well

Also placed on the continuing candidate list. The interview went well enough, but this seemed like the most likely outcome given how late in the cycle my interview was.

Same for me; a late interview resulting in a WL. Interested to hear if any late interviewees were rewarded with an Acceptance

How do you get your financial aid package? Is the only thing you have to fill out FAFSA or are there other forms to fill out

Just got the continued interest survey. Did you get any kind of confirmation email that the survey was complete? I want to make sure they received mine.