2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who has sent in an update letter or LOI, did you address it to the Admissions Committee as a whole or to the Dean of Admissions (Dr. Ufberg I believe? Please correct me if I'm wrong)?
 
From what i remember last year they send out an email to gauge your interest on the WL so idk if LOI is necessary. This came out like 4-5 days prior to may 1st. Just a headsup dunno if thats a this year thing so don't get neurotic if i doesnt happen
 
Can anyone share information on how well Temple supports their students? What kind of resources are available to address burnout, competitiveness, etc.?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email from Mrs. Zimmerman about interest in remaining on the WL

If I already sent LOI, anyone think its worth it to send another update after Finals wrap up this week? or potentially redundant? Selected Option 1 for would definitely enroll at LKSOM
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else on WL not get the update email Monday? I was put on WL back in October and haven’t sent an update so thinking I may have been assumed to be not interested anymore. Will be sending an update/LOI on Monday.
 
Did anyone else on WL not get the update email Monday? I was put on WL back in October and haven’t sent an update so thinking I may have been assumed to be not interested anymore. Will be sending an update/LOI on Monday.
The gauging interest email may have been for people more recently placed on the waitlist? Did you get that email already after you were waitlisted in October or November? Either way I think an Update/LOI would help your case! Best of luck to you, I'm also on the WL and Temple is my top choice
 
Did anyone else on WL not get the update email Monday? I was put on WL back in October and haven’t sent an update so thinking I may have been assumed to be not interested anymore. Will be sending an update/LOI on Monday.
Did you apply ED by any chance? How were you WL in October ?
 
Did anyone else on WL not get the update email Monday? I was put on WL back in October and haven’t sent an update so thinking I may have been assumed to be not interested anymore. Will be sending an update/LOI on Monday.
Update..I’m an idiot. I did get the email and it was in Spam 🤦‍♀️ Will be sending an email as the survey is now expired. Also I interviewed October, got the waitlist in December.
 
Whenever I see that someone posted on this thread
Key And Peele Reaction GIF
 
No news? Have been so amped for today. Seems like only decision days are Tuesday/Saturday so far tho and based on last year's WL movement, was the first tuesday and saturday after decision deadline. I think I've checked CYMS 30x today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you think we could still hear later today or do they typically send out acceptances earlier in the day?

I guess the whole routine is if you are going to be accepted the next day, Temple will pop up on the Choose your Medical School tool the night before. If you don't have that, I wouldn't plan on hearing anything. At least that seems to be what has happened in the past.