2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who has sent in an update letter or LOI, did you address it to the Admissions Committee as a whole or to the Dean of Admissions (Dr. Ufberg I believe? Please correct me if I'm wrong)?

Reactions: 1 user
From what i remember last year they send out an email to gauge your interest on the WL so idk if LOI is necessary. This came out like 4-5 days prior to may 1st. Just a headsup dunno if thats a this year thing so don't get neurotic if i doesnt happen

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Temple usually has good need based FA?

Does anyone know if Temple usually has good need based FA?
I think during my interview, they said most goes to M3/M4's and I think someone in here mentioned that too a while back, but there is some for incoming students, just not a lot

• Sad
Gives me hope! Guess I'm waiting til May though, but did you send any communication, LOI/update etc post-WL?

Edit: Congrats too!!
Thank you 😊 and No, I was actually planning on starting my letter that afternoon and I got the email lol. And there seems to be more movement now. Keep your hopes up and def write them your letter, Ik they care

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone share information on how well Temple supports their students? What kind of resources are available to address burnout, competitiveness, etc.?

For those that sent a LOI, did you guys email it directly to admissions, or upload it to the portal?

Will be withdrawing my spot today, hopefully it goes to one of y'all!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get the gauging interest email just now?

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else get the gauging interest email just now?
Yep! Just submitted it. Ironically, I was just finishing up my LOI. Definitely gave me the extra push to finish it tonight.

Just got an email from Mrs. Zimmerman about interest in remaining on the WL

If I already sent LOI, anyone think its worth it to send another update after Finals wrap up this week? or potentially redundant? Selected Option 1 for would definitely enroll at LKSOM

Anyone think Option 2 lowkey means they won't take you off the WL? Did they have this type of survey last year as well?

Anyone think Option 2 lowkey means they won't take you off the WL? Did they have this type of survey last year as well?
I think a big part of it is to make sure they don’t send acceptances to someone who knows they won’t go there for sure aka option 3

We are in the final stretch guys. Here's hoping for a lot of waitlist movement!

• Care
posting here so I can follow the thread, chose option 1

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else on WL not get the update email Monday? I was put on WL back in October and haven’t sent an update so thinking I may have been assumed to be not interested anymore. Will be sending an update/LOI on Monday.

Did anyone else on WL not get the update email Monday? I was put on WL back in October and haven’t sent an update so thinking I may have been assumed to be not interested anymore. Will be sending an update/LOI on Monday.
The gauging interest email may have been for people more recently placed on the waitlist? Did you get that email already after you were waitlisted in October or November? Either way I think an Update/LOI would help your case! Best of luck to you, I'm also on the WL and Temple is my top choice

Did you apply ED by any chance? How were you WL in October ?

Update..I’m an idiot. I did get the email and it was in Spam 🤦‍♀️ Will be sending an email as the survey is now expired. Also I interviewed October, got the waitlist in December.

Last year it began today/tomorrow so it could be soon. No way to really know though.
And it follows trends of previous acceptance days, CYMS should update the night before around 5ish I think.

edit: I'm assuming new schools would still show up even if we've PTE'd somewhere else?

And it follows trends of previous acceptance days, CYMS should update the night before around 5ish I think.

edit: I'm assuming new schools would still show up even if we've PTE'd somewhere else?
How do you know it's 5pm? Also, does anyone have anything yet?

How do you know it's 5pm? Also, does anyone have anything yet?
I don't have anything but I just remember I opened up SDN after I got home the day before they released decisions for my interview range and people had it appear on CYMS around then, can't remember the exact time tho

Reactions: 1 users
Whenever I see that someone posted on this thread
Key And Peele Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
No news? Have been so amped for today. Seems like only decision days are Tuesday/Saturday so far tho and based on last year's WL movement, was the first tuesday and saturday after decision deadline. I think I've checked CYMS 30x today

Tuesday’s seemed like the day when things would get popping. Surprised that there is no movement today.

Tuesday’s seemed like the day when things would get popping. Surprised that there is no movement today.
The only rational explanation is that there is going to be SO much waitlist movement that they need an extra few days to prepare. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
The only rational explanation is that there is going to be SO much waitlist movement that they need an extra few days to prepare. 🤣
It's the only thing that makes sense. Can't wait to all be classmates this upcoming year :xf:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
do you think we could still hear later today or do they typically send out acceptances earlier in the day?

I guess the whole routine is if you are going to be accepted the next day, Temple will pop up on the Choose your Medical School tool the night before. If you don't have that, I wouldn't plan on hearing anything. At least that seems to be what has happened in the past.