2020-2021 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have another acceptance but would love to get off of the cc list at Temple. When do you guys think would be a good time to get things in order to move for my current acceptance and bail on Temple? I am moving with my wife and start orientation on July 19th.
 
I have another acceptance but would love to get off of the cc list at Temple. When do you guys think would be a good time to get things in order to move for my current acceptance and bail on Temple? I am moving with my wife and start orientation on July 19th.
You'd have to sign a lease and everything for your current school kind of hard to sign one I imagine in the middle of July. Would probably have to move out there at the latest July 1st. Maybe even June if you're trying to find the perfect place for you because that's when a lot of leases end depending on the type of school you're going to especially if there's an undergrad nearby.
 
For real. Do we think they're just done with their big waitlist movements? Seems so much less than last year.
I’m stuck speculating whether waitlist movement will also be delayed this cycle because everything has been this year or if this cycle was hyper competitive and waitlist movement is going to be smaller because of that.

I’m hoping for the former, but preparing for the worst
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did you get an email?
Thank you thank you! Got the email this morning at 11am! I honestly stopped checking CYMS weeks ago cause I had given up hope but it was probably there yesterday because the official TUportal letter is dated 5/21
 
Does Temple normally send out an email when their class is full?
Their class is likely already full hence why we're on the waitlist, but movement can still occur as people withdraw their acceptances. I've been a little disheartened by the lack of waitlist movement this cycle but hoping for the best case scenario for the rest of us.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s been a journey guys, but it looks like I’m withdrawing from the waitlist today. I have classes for a pre-matriculation program that start on Monday so I tried to hold out as long as I could. Time for me to move on.

Hopefully, one of you gets in! This is second time I missed out on going to Temple lol (ended up regretfully choosing another school for undergrad, now stuck on waitlist for the med school).
 
It’s been a journey guys, but it looks like I’m withdrawing from the waitlist today. I have classes for a pre-matriculation program that start on Monday so I tried to hold out as long as I could. Time for me to move on.

Hopefully, one of you gets in! This is second time I missed out on going to Temple lol (ended up regretfully choosing another school for undergrad, now stuck on waitlist for the med school).
I was secretly rooting for you on this thread, but I’m glad you got into two other schools. Best of luck, future doc!
 
When is the last day we could possibly be taken off a waitlist? Just wondering because I want to sign a new lease in a different city and although I will 99.9% most likely not be taken off the waitlist, I just want to be safe.
 
When is the last day we could possibly be taken off a waitlist? Just wondering because I want to sign a new lease in a different city and although I will 99.9% most likely not be taken off the waitlist, I just want to be safe.
Technically I believe they can take people off the WL the few days before class, but I think it's unlikely at this point. I personally signed a lease in a different city anyway since I don't want to find myself without housing in August in case the WL doesn't change.
 
That’s so exciting!!!! Congratulations, I can’t imagine how happy you are😁🙌🏼
To be honest I completely lost hope and signed a lease somewhere else. Now I gotta get out of that and I will be on my way 🙂 Thanks for the support and I am still rooting for you all! DM me if you have any questions
 
Eric Andre GIF
 
For those accepted off the WL today, did you select Option 1 on the survey they sent to those on the WL? I initially did not, but now they are my top choice. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted off the WL today, did you select Option 1 on the survey they sent to those on the WL? I initially did not, but now they are my top choice. 🙁
Yes I also selected option 1 and sent a letter of Intent. I provided an update before my interview in April as well. They told us on interview day that the survey is just to weed out people choosing option 3.
 
for people just accepted off the waitlist did you do anything recently? Like send in any recent updates or anything like that
I hadn't sent anything in since the beginning of May. The last thing was a LOI and an email that I never got a response to
Same for me. I was going to send one last update, but I thought it would be better to focus on my reapplication at the time.