-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Vanderbilt Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
So, how often does their committee meet? And do they send out new letters after each time?
Does anyone know if we receive some sort of confirmation that Vandy has received our acceptance of their offer for admission? They said send it back within two weeks, and I sent it back immediately, but I didn't know if they typically contact the student someway to let them know they received our letter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if we receive some sort of confirmation that Vandy has received our acceptance of their offer for admission? They said send it back within two weeks, and I sent it back immediately, but I didn't know if they typically contact the student someway to let them know they received our letter.
Sure, wave your acceptance in our faces. Just because we were waitlisted doesn't mean we do not have feelings...🙁
Does anyone know if we receive some sort of confirmation that Vandy has received our acceptance of their offer for admission? They said send it back within two weeks, and I sent it back immediately, but I didn't know if they typically contact the student someway to let them know they received our letter.
Yup, I recently got a letter confirming my spot in the class. By the way, there is a Vandy class thread among the allo class threads....you might want to post there for admitted students, it might create less anxiety 😉
Sure, wave your acceptance in our faces. Just because we were waitlisted doesn't mean we do not have feelings...🙁
Yeah, what he said 🙁.
When will Vandy start rejecting applicants? I'd rather them say "Chemist0157, please" now than in May.
Yeah, what he said 🙁.
When will Vandy start rejecting applicants? I'd rather them say "Chemist0157, please" now than in May.
agreed! I'd rather not get my hopes up...🙁
agreed! I'd rather not get my hopes up...🙁
Seriously. Vandy if you do not want me, tell me now. I do not wanna be crushed again...
Yup, I recently got a letter confirming my spot in the class. By the way, there is a Vandy class thread among the allo class threads....you might want to post there for admitted students, it might create less anxiety 😉
Thanks LET!! 😀
I'm still sitting here waiting for them to review my app. Interviewed on 8/25, then got told I wasn't complete due to the photo on 10/20... still waiting, anxious as ever.
Maybe next round I'll hear SOMETHING!
Maybe next round I'll hear SOMETHING!
2
216397
I'm still sitting here waiting for them to review my app. Interviewed on 8/25, then got told I wasn't complete due to the photo on 10/20... still waiting, anxious as ever.
Maybe next round I'll hear SOMETHING!
I hope you hear soon! Uncertainty is a really crappy feeling. It sucks that they didn't mark you as complete because of your picture.
If they really do send out acceptances once a month, then it should be coming up since it's been roughly a month since Oct 15th.
I think there have actually been two "rounds" of acceptances so far.
I think there have actually been two "rounds" of acceptances so far.
Yeah, I think they may have 10-12 acceptances dates (send out batches every 2-3 weeks), from what I've heard from a current student.
Yeah, I think they may have 10-12 acceptances dates (send out batches every 2-3 weeks), from what I've heard from a current student.
Yeah. So hopefully some time just before Thanksgiving I'll hear from them. You know about the time Wash U will start telling us as well... maybe it'll be a good end to the semester of neuroticism?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah. So hopefully some time just before Thanksgiving I'll hear from them. You know about the time Wash U will start telling us as well... maybe it'll be a good end to the semester of neuroticism?
I thought WashU wasn't accepting people until after "the holidays"?
I thought WashU wasn't accepting people until after "the holidays"?
Late November is what I've heard... It may actually be December, but it could be the week before Thanksgiving.
im supposed to hear sometime before christmas...im getting a little antsie
im supposed to hear sometime before christmas...im getting a little antsie
Are you talking about Vandy or WashU?
Vandy...I didnt apply To wash U....they only interview crazies over there😉😛Are you talking about Vandy or WashU?
Vandy...I didnt apply To wash U....they only interview crazies over there😉😛
I know... I'm pretty much ridic crazy like that! 😉
Vandy...I didnt apply To wash U....they only interview crazies over there😉😛
The only reason I asked was because this thread has devolved into a WashU decision thread.
The only reason I asked was because this thread has devolved into a WashU decision thread.
Probably my fault. I am amazing at getting off topic. It's a talent I have cultivated from a young age.
Probably my fault. I am amazing at getting off topic. It's a talent I have cultivated from a young age.
Don't worry about it. I always tend to do that during my essays, and it helps fulfill the page requirement. I find myself doing that in interviews also...
If there's no clear cut answer I will answer everything about the possibilities of an answer. This happens in interviews, in essays, in normal discussions, in randomness, in ....
Hi 🙂 I'm very new to the network, I actually created this account to reply to this thread. I have a Vanderbilt interview on January 20th, does anyone else have an interview that late? Is there any way to switch with someone for an earlier date or reschedule? Are my chances diminished due to how late it is in the interview season? I also have an older gentleman, who I believe is a cancer researcher. Has anyone else had him for an interview and how is he? Thank you for all the help you can provide.
Hi 🙂 I'm very new to the network, I actually created this account to reply to this thread. I have a Vanderbilt interview on January 20th, does anyone else have an interview that late? Is there any way to switch with someone for an earlier date or reschedule? Are my chances diminished due to how late it is in the interview season? I also have an older gentleman, who I believe is a cancer researcher. Has anyone else had him for an interview and how is he? Thank you for all the help you can provide.
Robert J. Coffey?
I know I am a little below vandy's avg, I am considering adding the school before nov. 15th, do i have a shot realistically, one concern is that i am late in adding the school, and when do they interview till (i wanna know how far into the intereview season they are). thanks!
I know I am a little below vandy's avg, I am considering adding the school before nov. 15th, do i have a shot realistically, one concern is that i am late in adding the school, and when do they interview till (i wanna know how far into the intereview season they are). thanks!
It's worth a shot. The nice thing about vandy is they screen before they give you a secondary. So if you don't get an interview at least you won't have to pay the secondary fee.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when you log in to check your status it should say your picture has been received.Hey all
Are you supposed to get any confirmation that your picture was uploaded successfully? I can't tell because it's still giving me the option to up it.
Sounds like the guy I interviewed with. PM me his name, and I'll see if I can help you out.Hi 🙂 I'm very new to the network, I actually created this account to reply to this thread. I have a Vanderbilt interview on January 20th, does anyone else have an interview that late? Is there any way to switch with someone for an earlier date or reschedule? Are my chances diminished due to how late it is in the interview season? I also have an older gentleman, who I believe is a cancer researcher. Has anyone else had him for an interview and how is he? Thank you for all the help you can provide.
Thanks I see it now. 👍when you log in to check your status it should say your picture has been received.
Last edited:
ehhh I don't know if it's going to make much of a difference. I can ask my adcom friends if it matters at all next time I see them.
Does anyone have the link?
I lost it (and need it within the next 3 hours)!!
Whoops.
The website is http://admissions.mc.vanderbilt.edu/md/applicant
Hey i interviewed Sept 30 and I still haven't gotten a waitlist letter or call. Anyone interview before me and still not have any word?
Hey i interviewed Sept 30 and I still haven't gotten a waitlist letter or call. Anyone interview before me and still not have any word?
The next batch comes out late this week (according to their office) so maybe you'll hear something then.
Are we who have already been waitlisted supposed to periodically receive update letters? Or do you think the next thing we'll see is acceptance/rejection letters?
The next batch comes out late this week (according to their office) so maybe you'll hear something then.
If this is true, I wish all of you the best! I'm sure many of you will be accepted in time, and try your best to hold back your extreme enthusiasm when Dr. Zic calls 😛
Just wondering, has anyone received a secondary/interview invite recently? I haven't heard back from them at all. So I am wondering if I should start some of the essays so that if they do happen to get back to me, I can submit it in a timely manner. Or do I pretty much have no chance at this point?
Did anyone receive an "Update for Off Campus" e-mail from Vanderbilt?
Yes, I did. Were you accepted? I'm assuming that it went to accepted students, since it pertains to off-campus housing next year.
Yeah, just got my call from Dr. Zic right now. I guess it was a nice informal way of welcoming to the school, hahaha. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woo!! Congrats!!! Now you can hop on over to the allopathic thread and join Vandy Class of 2013!! 😀😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, just got my call from Dr. Zic right now. I guess it was a nice informal way of welcoming to the school, hahaha. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Well Congrats are of course in store for you.
2. AHHH!!! this means either of two things for me...
a. Not accepted.
b. Still haven't reviewed my application.
So soooo sooo sooo annoying and stressful just because of a picture.
congrats!Yeah, just got my call from Dr. Zic right now. I guess it was a nice informal way of welcoming to the school, hahaha. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when did you interview???
Thank you all. I interviewed in early September. The reason I found out so late is because I forgot to send my secondary picture. That delayed me for at least a month, similar to Rowerlauren (sry for being a lurker). Rowerlauren, I seriously would not stress if I were you. You have awesome interviews and even if you get into one of those schools, you will be good. Besides I see UT Southwestern there, cheer up!
Thank you all. I interviewed in early September. The reason I found out so late is because I forgot to send my secondary picture. That delayed me for at least a month, similar to Rowerlauren (sry for being a lurker). Rowerlauren, I seriously would not stress if I were you. You have awesome interviews and even if you get into one of those schools, you will be good. Besides I see UT Southwestern there, cheer up!
It's cool dog (I just really wanted to say that). I appreciate lurkers... in a weird way.
I'm fine, just a bit stressed. As long as I get in somewhere, other than UTSW and UTH I'll be happier... I do have my preferences but I will not be making them known until I get into or am rejected by my top choices.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
to everyone on the waitlist! Hang in there!