2008-2009 Vanderbilt Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump again...any news from anyone?? I'm tempted to call the admissions office and see if there has been any movement.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump again...any news from anyone?? I'm tempted to call the admissions office and see if there has been any movement.

I hear you! Anyone with news?? I'd love to start it all off, but I've got nothin'. :oops:

Let us know if you give them a call, savedbythebell... I'm too scared to do it myself! :p

Best

I hear you! Anyone with news?? I'd love to start it all off, but I've got nothin'. :oops:

Let us know if you give them a call, savedbythebell... I'm too scared to do it myself! :p

Best

Will do guestdoc! I will probably call Friday or Tues (after the long weekend). Hopefully I'll hear some good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to call next week also. There's nothing to be afraid of. What's wrong with asking where you stand on the waitlist? We are all trying to make plans for the summer and we deserve an honest answer of what our chances are. If some of you are still worried, I'll post my findings after I call next week, but if you really want to know where you stand, it would be best to call yourself.
I don't mean to be harsh, I guess i'm just fed up with the attitude (that i too once held) that we are at the mercy of the admissions committees and that any wrong action could result in a school not liking us. I'm convinced its not like that.

i think you might need to email dr. sagen if you want that kind of information. good luck.

has anyone by chance heard ANYTHING since 5/15? i must check this thread 100x/day, but no news...

has anyone by chance heard ANYTHING since 5/15? i must check this thread 100x/day, but no news...

You can save yourself some time by subscribing to the thread and selecting instant email notification whenever someone posts :)

Last edited:
I talked to the admissions office and was told that an email will be sent out mid-june that will essentially tell everyone waiting there is no longer a chance of getting off the waitlist. Until then we have to keep waiting.

I talked to the admissions office and was told that an email will be sent out mid-june that will essentially tell everyone waiting there is no longer a chance of getting off the waitlist. Until then we have to keep waiting.

Does that mean that the waitlist will move only in the next two weeks and then everyone who doesn't get off it will get rejected? has Vanderbilt already had waitlist movement since May 15th?

So I just called Vanderbilt and Judy picked up. I asked if Vanderbilt was going to accept people off of the wait list this year. She asked me my name, I gave it to her, she asked me how to spell it, I told her, and she asked me for my AMCAS number, which I also provided. Then she told me she didn't have this information, and that I should email Dr. Sagen. She offered to give me the email address, but I already had it, then I hung up.
I might be wrong, but I feel like this does not bode well for me.:scared:

So I just called Vanderbilt and Judy picked up. I asked if Vanderbilt was going to accept people off of the wait list this year. She asked me my name, I gave it to her, she asked me how to spell it, I told her, and she asked me for my AMCAS number, which I also provided. Then she told me she didn't have this information, and that I should email Dr. Sagen. She offered to give me the email address, but I already had it, then I hung up.
I might be wrong, but I feel like this does not bode well for me.:scared:

Same thing happend to me. It was really a weird/awkward conversation. I was getting the impression Judy isn't allowed to give out any info or advice. I wish more admissions committees were like Columbia, you can call them up, talk to the director and he gives you an honest opinion of where you stand. so much better, even if the news isn't good.
Good luck to everyone.

Does that mean that the waitlist will move only in the next two weeks and then everyone who doesn't get off it will get rejected? has Vanderbilt already had waitlist movement since May 15th?
Yes, unless you are picked up in the next week and a half or so, you will get an email telling you that you will not be part of the class.
As far as I know, no one has posted that they have been taken off the waitlist.

I don't mean to give anyone a heart attack by posting in this thread, but I'm curious, who have you guys been addressing your LOI's to: Dr. Zic or Dr. Sagen?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been addressing them to Dr.Zic because he's the head of admissions. I don't think it matters either way though because whoever is supposed to read it will read it, regardless of who's it's addressed to.

so just to double check...as far as we know there has been no post-may 15th movement on the vandy wailtist?

I got that dreaded letter today that said something along the lines of "make other plans, good luck" type stuff. Goodbye, Vanderbilt--I'll miss you so! :(

I got that dreaded letter today that said something along the lines of "make other plans, good luck" type stuff. Goodbye, Vanderbilt--I'll miss you so! :(

guestdoc did the letter arrive via email or snail mail? Thanks!

Snail mail, dated the 9th I think?

Did no one else get one of those? That's too bad for me... :oops:

I'm on the west coast, so I haven't gotten anything like that. But since I didn't get in this week, I'm assuming I'm about to get one.

a spot should open up... gut wrenching but finances are too important today

It's odd that it seems that so few people have received the post-interview rejection letter, considering that everyone not accepted post-interview was put on the waitlist. I wonder if Vanderbilt is sending out these letters in staggered clumps? :confused:

It's odd that it seems that so few people have received the post-interview rejection letter, considering that everyone not accepted post-interview was put on the waitlist. I wonder if Vanderbilt is sending out these letters in staggered clumps? :confused:

That's what I was wondering. I actually thought about the possibility of the person who called (I think) miss-hearing the month, that people will know by July, not June. But idk

:( well that's too bad for me. Best of luck to those still waiting; maybe they haven't sent it because you actually still have a chance? :xf:

i got the rejection letter today...man that stings :( Good luck to everyone else!

Is there anyone out there who has not gotten a rejection letter?

Is there anyone out there who has not gotten a rejection letter?

I haven't, but I live fairly far away so I'm expecting it any day now...

i have not gotten mine. I was away when people in this thread were getting them so I assumed it would be here waiting for me when I got back, but i didn't get one. But I don't think that this means anything good either, since I was told 2-3 weeks ago that the class appears to be stable

Status
Not open for further replies.