-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Boston University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Dang has anyone else survived? Sorry to hear that guys, I feel like mine should be coming any second. When were you guys complete?
Complete on 7/13.
You would think with all of these rejections, they would throw just a couple interviews into the mix. Its like SDN genocide up in here.My goodness. This thread is leaving behind a trail of corpses, and its only July. 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Good luck folks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You would think with all of these rejections, they would throw just a couple interviews into the mix. Its like SDN genocide up in here.
lol. the interviews can't be too far away!
Rejection as well.
sry to hear that blue! i totally thought you would make it through the rejections! its okay your gonna get all the cali love, which is what matters right 😉
sry to hear that blue! i totally thought you would make it through the rejections! its okay your gonna get all the cali love, which is what matters right 😉
Hope so.

What are they trying to do? Reject everyone except a handful even before the interviews begin?
Yeah, I believe they get rid of a bunch of first rounders before interviews get under way. The first screening is a tough one. Not that the later ones are any better, but I think it gets just a tad easier later on. Just. A. Tad.
Feels like there's a sheriff shooting rejection bullet all around this thread and we're hiding ourselves as best as possible.
wow...so many rejections, is boston going to have enough to even interview? lol. They must have a huge staff to go over so many apps, that or they look at each app for like 1 min and as soon as something pops up they dont like its off to the trash can lol...like name...blueelmo...hmmm i hate that name ok next!!!😛 Feel like my rejection is imminent🙁
heyy maybe they have a top cut-off point..
did anyone with a low mcat/gpa get rejected here?!
did anyone with a low mcat/gpa get rejected here?!
Feels like there's a sheriff shooting rejection bullet all around this thread and we're hiding ourselves as best as possible.
lol i like this concept.
They get over 10,000 applications. For real. Think about that, that is SO MANY.
even if there was a top cutoff point some of the people rejected so far are not above it...like blue i know he has good stats but hes not like 4.0 40 mcat range.heyy maybe they have a top cut-off point..
did anyone with a low mcat/gpa get rejected here?!
true but gtown and gw also have the same (if not more), gw has started reviewing apps but its not the slaughter it is here.They get over 10,000 applications. For real. Think about that, that is SO MANY.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow...so many rejections, is boston going to have enough to even interview? lol. They must have a huge staff to go over so many apps, that or they look at each app for like 1 min and as soon as something pops up they dont like its off to the trash can lol...
That is an overestimation!

like name...blueelmo...hmmm i hate that name ok next!!!😛
bahahaah 👍
Feel like my rejection is imminent🙁
😱 I hope not!!!
heyy maybe they have a top cut-off point..
did anyone with a low mcat/gpa get rejected here?!
Yes, I know of some.
even if there was a top cutoff point some of the people rejected so far are not above it...like blue i know he has good stats but hes not like 4.0 40 mcat range.
true but gtown and gw also have the same (if not more), gw has started reviewing apps but its not the slaughter it is here.
I'm nowhere near 4.0/40 range. They must have gone through the whole application. Weird, I think all my other stuff were great.😕
i guess im expecting mine in a week or two since i sent it in after you guys, but the fact that my application doesnt have so many essays should make it easier for them 
true but gtown and gw also have the same (if not more), gw has started reviewing apps but its not the slaughter it is here.
They (and Georgetown) are not far from preparing the demolition derby.
I'm nowhere near 4.0/40 range. They must have gone through the whole application. Weird, I think all my other stuff were great.😕
I wouldn't be confused over this one. It truly is pretty random. I have faith in you blue elmo 🙂
i guess im expecting mine in a week or two since i sent it in after you guys, but the fact that my application doesnt have so many essays should make it easier for them![]()
oh gahd, sure hope not!always gotta bring me down 🙁...lol. Im scared to get a BU email now...i almost hope nothing shows up for another month or so...🙂They (and Georgetown) are not far from preparing the demolition derby.
always gotta bring me down 🙁...lol. Im scared to get a BU email now...i almost hope nothing shows up for another month or so...🙂
lol no, just keeping you on the ground 🙂 I've heard about you from others, and I'm really rooting for you 😀
uh oh is that good or badlol no, just keeping you on the ground 🙂 I've heard about you from others, and I'm really rooting for you 😀

. Anyways camaras can you tell me why i want to go the the univ of arizona? Because ive been trying to write it for 2 hrs and its an epic failure so far 
When were you finally complete Elijah?always gotta bring me down 🙁...lol. Im scared to get a BU email now...i almost hope nothing shows up for another month or so...🙂
7/13 i think. Seems they are on apps around 7/13 so just hoping nowWhen were you finally complete Elijah?
I thought that was when the letterhead mishap was going on?7/13 i think
Each school is gonna do things their own way. I'm just pointing out that the numbers don't lie. 10,000 is a LOT. If they were handing out interviews en masse I would be really confused.true but gtown and gw also have the same (if not more), gw has started reviewing apps but its not the slaughter it is here.
oh u are right, i probably wasnt truly complete until 2 days later or so...it was cleared up shortly after the letter mishap i remember that much becuase i called the office the next day. The complete dates on my excel file are only rough, sometimes i was too lazy to go check what day it was or if there were mistakes i didnt take that into acct like @ bostonI thought that was when the letterhead mishap was going on?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uh oh is that good or bad. Anyways camaras can you tell me why i want to go the the univ of arizona? Because ive been trying to write it for 2 hrs and its an epic failure so far
![]()
Phoenix Suns cheerleaders are pretty hot, last time I saw them on TV.
actually bu lists the complete date on my app as 7/14 so i guess tomorrow may be my day of rejection.Ah, ok. Yeah my letterhead mistake took a week for me to fix.
haha if only adcoms would appreciate an applicant being 100% honest like that 🙂. I kinda wanna be on the committe @ w/e school i end up at. Id totally mess with people lol. And if some kid gave me a response like you did about the cheerleaders. id give him the best recommendation @ the committee meetings ever 😛Phoenix Suns cheerleaders are pretty hot, last time I saw them on TV.
haha if only adcoms would appreciate an applicant being 100% honest like that 🙂. I kinda wanna be on the committe @ w/e school i end up at. Id totally screw with people lol. And if some kid gave me a response like you did about the cheerleaders. id give him the best recommendation @ the committee meetings ever 😛
i totally agree 🙂

anyway, i like to think my bf has good taste lol, so i'd say run with the phoenix suns cheerleaders idea 😎
no rejection letter yet. I'm praying for an interview invite so I can at least feel like I've accomplished something in the process so far, lol.
Sorry about the rejections guys (although, I'm probably expecting mine tomorrow)... I think this is just the first sign it's all a crapshoot.
Sorry about the rejections guys (although, I'm probably expecting mine tomorrow)... I think this is just the first sign it's all a crapshoot.
They downloaded my letters on 18th and I was complete on 7/20, so I guess I have another week before they tell me my fate. How come no one has an interview yet?
They downloaded my letters on 18th and I was complete on 7/20, so I guess I have another week before they tell me my fate. How come no one has an interview yet?
Interviews haven't been offered yet, as far as I'm aware. I don't think the offers are far away though!
yeah most of the rejections today seem to come from people who were complete on 7/13. i was complete 7/16, so i will expect my rejection in the next few days. this is kind of ridiculous...
I must have been spared the axe since I was complete on 7/10. Please be true!
hahaha omg i just realized my submitted narrative essay began as:
Every afternoon beginning in March 2005, just a few months before I
graduated from high school, I was hired as a floor hand by Company X.
oh well.
Send them an e-mail saying they should google Company X if they don't know what it is.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete on 7/14! Does that mean I'm going to either be spared or be axed tmr? whoa.. LOL
that is amazingly exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time..![]()
lol this was funny to read 🙂
Send them an e-mail saying they should google Company X if they don't know what it is.![]()
I don't think he wrote Company X. I thought he was commenting that the sentence made no sense. lol
Haha. Every single undergrad at this school uses that one. I learned that before I registered for my first class (which was a nightmare in and of itself).Creative. I like! 👍
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K