2009-2010 East Tennessee University (Quillen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While not a current student (future one), the times I've been to JC Verizon seems to have done fine. Most recently, I went around practically all of the city (which is fairly sprawling) looking at potential apartments and I didn't have any issues. I'd certainly be interested to hear a student's experience with it, particularly in the facilities.

I have verizon, and it works everywhere in JC with full bars. It even works in all of the rural areas that I have been to.

Members don't see this ad.

HeY to the person asking about your chances..... I'm OOS, have the exact same GPA and I did make a 32 on my MCAT, I got an interview in Nov. But Im still on hold, it doesn't really surprise me though because I don't want to go into primary care... And I didn't lie about when they asked me about that. In retrospect, maybe I should have! Haha

I specifically said in my personal statement that I wanted to be a physician-scientist. I never mentioned rural med or primary care, and I am a student there now. They are looking for well-rounded people who genuinely care about serving people.

I hate to say this, but truly from here UT seems to be besting Quillen at precisely that at which it is supposed to be the absolute best - supporting and facilitating the success of its students, and it is for this reason that I am beginning to waiver in my decision to attend Quillen. So what I want from you Quillinites is to tell me whether this concern is founded. I fully understand that the problem may not be with the school but may be just with the person who is supposed to be returning my emails. (And I really hope this is the case.)

So...Thoughts?
And apologies for this super long drawn out message, but it's really important to me, and others on these threads as well; I know as I have been receiving pm's from folks trying to sort out this same decision and wanting insight.

Thanks!

Seeing as you have already decided, this is a bit late. So congrats. When I was applying, I experienced some of the same issues that you have. I can say however, that as a student, ALL of my issues have been addressed to my absolute satisfaction.

Dr Kwas (dean of student affairs), Dr Olive (executive associate dean), and Dr Bagnell (dean of the med school) will always meet with students right away whenever the need arises. They will make major changes to policy if it benefits the students (I have experienced this personally).

Quillen is a great school, and I am very happy with my choice. Please PM me if I can be of any assistance to any of you. Best of luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my spot today. Hopefully it goes to one of you all still waiting!

Hi everyone! I am in JC right now apartment shopping, and I accidentally left my budget sheet at home. I think I remember the #s, but roughly, so I was wondering if someone could tell me the monthly budget for rent and utilities... If I remember correctly the rent was ~$550/month (if you go by the 10 month budget) and the utilities are ~$150... Can anybody give me the actual #s please? Thanks!

Got the #s from admissions when they opened today - thanks

Last edited:
It's been a long time since those stats were updated. Any movement detected off of the wait list? It's almost July! :scared:

anyone knows of any recent WL movement at Quillen?

I have a few quick questions to current students. Does Quillen record lectures and provide them online? Just want to double-check that notes are put up online also. Thank you!

I have a few quick questions to current students. Does Quillen record lectures and provide them online? Just want to double-check that notes are put up online also. Thank you!

almost all notes are available in digital format. some lectures are recorded; some are PodCast. Everything is easily accessible. Old formats of certain lectures (that I think were better than some of the new ones) are available from senior students (or from me).

Status
Not open for further replies.