2009-2010 New York Medical College Waitlist Thread

Started by softmed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

softmed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Historically there hasn't been much participation in these threads. So I'll start it up and see how it goes.

Waitlist:

illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13

Accepted:
 
Last edited:
Waitlist:

illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
 
Waitlist:

illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12

Accepted:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30

Accepted:
 
Just a rearrangement. Tifosi got dropped accidentally.


vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13

Accepted:
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Entropic: I - 4/26, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13

Accepted:
 
Just a rearrangement. Tifosi got dropped accidentally.


vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13

Accepted:
hey illegallysmooth congratulations I see that u got accepted
Did u get accepted at NYMC....if so what updates did u provide?
Thanx
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Entropic: I - 4/26, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13


Accepted:
BloomingPoppy- I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13

Accepted: __________________
*
illegallysmooth

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 😀 w/ a $15K scholarship 😀
 
Waitlist:

vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13

Accepted:


docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 😀 w/ a $15K scholarship 😀
BloomingPoppy- I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
 
congrats to those accepted - i am surprised the wl started to move here already. how did you guys find out?

Waitlist:

vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13

Accepted:


docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 😀 w/ a $15K scholarship 😀
BloomingPoppy- I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratz! If you don't mind me asking, how did they let you know?

Email, with heading: "Congratulations":

We are sending this email to offer you an acceptance to New York Medical College. The official letter will be sent today to your permanent
AMCAS address. If you accept our offer, please respond to this email as well as complete and return the terms and conditions included with the
letter. If you are not going to accept this offer, please email your withdrawal. Congratulations and good luck.

***Please also add your cell phone # (No Spaces or Dashes)__________________ as it might be useful during the rest of the process.

Sincerely,

New York Medical College
 
Did those who got accepted off the waitlist send in anything to the admissions office post-interview such as additional LOR, letter of intents, or additional grades?
 
SEND UPDATES/LOI.

At my interview they said that they take these into account when it comes to WL movement...and since the WL isn't ranked, it would be beneficial to you to send updates...

good luck all!
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3

Accepted:


docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 😀 w/ a $15K scholarship 😀
BloomingPoppy- I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 😀 w/ a $15K scholarship 😀
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
 
Last edited:
I was accepted yesterday as well of the wait list. I did not write a Letter of Interest or send any updates.

I interviewed way back in October. I would just be patient. seems like a lot of turnover at this school.
 
I was accepted yesterday as well of the wait list. I did not write a Letter of Interest or send any updates.

I interviewed way back in October. I would just be patient. seems like a lot of turnover at this school.


Congratulations!! 👍
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 😀 w/ a $15K scholarship 😀
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
 
Hi guys - i was just accepted from the waitlist by email . Im psyched, and in shock. 🙂 Best of luck to everyone - if it worked out for me, it will work out for you guys.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlist:

vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27

Accepted:


docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 😀 w/ a $15K scholarship 😀
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27
 
Last edited:
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27
 
just reorganizing

vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb
awang85284: I - 2/4, WL - 4/2

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27
 
I'm getting really nervous too! I've read NYMC waitlist threads from previous years and there has been tremendous movement. Just hope that admissions office is just running a bit late. :scared:

I - 1/20, WL - Late March

I've sent them a LOI back in early April; going to work on another one now that I've graduated.
 
just reorganizing

vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb
awang85284: I - 2/4, WL - 4/2

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27
delic86:I- 4/29, WL- 5/12, A -6/3
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb
awang85284: I - 2/4, WL - 4/2

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27
delic86: I- 4/29, WL- 5/12, A -6/3
JCM14: I-?, WL-?, A - 6/7
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb
awang85284: I - 2/4, WL - 4/2

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27
delic86: I- 4/29, WL- 5/12, A -6/3
jcm14: I-11/18, WL-1/?, A - 6/7
 
Hi guys. This was a tough decision, but I will be withdrawing my seat - I hope one of you gets it. Good luck!
 
I feel like there has been no movement on any of my waitlists...or at least on sdn... My this year everyone is content with where they were accepted.
 
i predict there will be a wave of waitlist movement for NYMC at the end of June. Just keep holding on - and send in any updates/letters of interest as the waitlist is not ranked.
 
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30 *withdrew*
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb
awang85284: I - 2/4, WL - 4/2

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27 *withdrew*
delic86: I- 4/29, WL- 5/12, A -6/3
jcm14: I-11/18, WL-1/?, A - 6/7

I'm going to withdraw for sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wjrusnak: I-1/13, WL- 3/29
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30 *withdrew*
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb
awang85284: I - 2/4, WL - 4/2

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27 *withdrew*
delic86: I- 4/29, WL- 5/12, A -6/3
jcm14: I-11/18, WL-1/?, A - 6/7

I'm going to withdraw for sure.

-- Figured I would add myself. Sorry for the late response
 
has anyone recently called the admission's office and know if the class is full. i was doing some snooping into the older threads and someone in that thread had posted that the admission's office said that the class was full when they stopped accepting students for a couple of weeks, sadly i think we are at that point now 🙁 (just a thought)
 
wjrusnak;9805922]wjrusnak: I-1/13, WL- 3/29
vballninnie: I-10/20, WL-11/30
softmed- I- 12/01, WL- 01/30 *withdrew*
tantacles - I - 1/12, WL - 3/29
icequeen1113: I-4/14, WL-5/12
illegallysmooth: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
Tifosi: I - 4/20, WL - 5/12
jihong- I- 4/27, WL- 05/13
andanotherone I-4/8, WL- 5/3
marinap I- Nov 23, WL - Jan 21
minimedic72: I - 3/24, WL - 4/27
amit448: I - 12/14, WL - Feb
awang85284: I - 2/4, WL - 4/2

Accepted:

docforsure: I - Feb, WL - 4/8, Accepted: 5/19 w/ a $15K scholarship
BloomingPoppy: I- 12/23, WL- 2/23, A- 5/19
gth796gi: I - 2/3, WL 4/7, A - 5/20
DCBME2007: I - Oct, WL - ?, A - 5/20
Hopeful M D: I - ?, WL - ?, A - 5/27 *withdrew*
delic86: I- 4/29, WL- 5/12, A -6/3
jcm14: I-11/18, WL-1/?, A - 6/7 *withdrew*

It was a tough choice, but I withdrew my spot this morning. Good luck to everyone waiting!!!
 
Hi, all. I just called in because I'm getting impatient.

The class is full (not including, I assume, the withdrawal we just saw today). There will be movement for about six weeks according to the dude I spoke to, though as we've all seen, movement generally dries up around mid July for the most part.
 
Yeah I don't understand why there isn't as much movement as the previous years. You would think there would actually be more movement than before because of the touro merger. I mean who wants to go to a school with only a kosher cafe right? Come on withdrawals... lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.