2009-2010 University of Texas Houston Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's worth it to apply. A classmate of mine (who posts here) got in off the waitlist pretty late and still managed to get a scholarship

Members don't see this ad.

Know when we might find out if we received the scholarship at all? I received my financial aid in the mail the other day and I thought notification would be included in the package... But no news.

Know when we might find out if we received the scholarship at all? I received my financial aid in the mail the other day and I thought notification would be included in the package... But no news.
Is it the scholarship that automatically comes with the acceptance? Because I got one when I received my acceptance package. Haven't received my finajd packet yet, but my roommate got hers and was offered a grant. But it seems like y'all are talking about a scholarship that you can apply for... Where can I find the paperwork/ link for this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it the scholarship that automatically comes with the acceptance? Because I got one when I received my acceptance package. Haven't received my finajd packet yet, but my roommate got hers and was offered a grant. But it seems like y'all are talking about a scholarship that you can apply for... Where can I find the paperwork/ link for this?

It was on the entering student checklist... the deadline was March 15th for entering students and May 1st for continuing students. Sorry... oh and I just looked back at the site and I guess I didn't get it- said applicants would be notified by April 15th. That sucks. First year ever without any scholarship money :(

It was on the entering student checklist... the deadline was March 15th for entering students and May 1st for continuing students. Sorry... oh and I just looked back at the site and I guess I didn't get it- said applicants would be notified by April 15th. That sucks. First year ever without any scholarship money :(

Not necessarily. It is possible to be accepted off the waitlist and still get a scholarship way after the deadline has passed (as armybound states above) This scholarship offer may also come some time after the initial financial aid offer comes in. They will then send an amended Fin Aid offer taking the scholarship into account.

Oh, so even though I applied for it in early March and was not notified that I received it in my fin aid packet, it's still possible I could get it? I will email my assigned adviser then, just to make sure. Thanks for the info.

OH well... at least you got your finaid packet... i still haven't gotten mine. I just realized that I have to order my white coat and send in immunization records. I wish they would email us reminders. I call them about my finaid packet and they say not until mid July! I want my money now! j/k... no really I want it now.

Yeah I just got my TB test & meningitis vaccine, but I have to get my old pediatrician to sign the form so I can send it in. I have requested a transcript from my undergrad to go to me and one to UTH FIVE times now! Ugh! One finally reached me today, so I am gonna mail it on to Houston. So annoying.

Receiving the packet was nice, but it really made my future debt set in haha. Way better than the $51K and $60K+ COA per year I was looking at for other schools!

I am getting so excited about moving. I gotta start packing... I'll be in Florida for ~2 of the next 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.