2009-2010 University of Texas San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S OFFICIAL!!! I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO MY NUMBER ONE MEDICAL SCHOOL AT 12:35AM. The best Christmas present of my life. Congrats to everyone else. I look forward to meeting you all.
Congrats to all!! I guess its Feb 1st for me..

Members don't see this ad.

Me as well. Damn, this is going to be a loooong wait. Congrats to everyone else though!

Congrats to all!! I guess its Feb 1st for me..

Me as well. Damn, this is going to be a loooong wait. Congrats to everyone else though!

I am a re-applicant, so I completely understand the waiting game, it is long. Hang in there. I promise it is ALL worth it in the end. In two application cycles, I have had only two interviews and one acceptance (with all three coming this application cycle). YOU WILL MAKE IT. If there is a will there is a way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what did you do for a year to improve? I think the hardest part is figuring out what to do for a year if I don't get the match haha

OMG, I got an email with a list of names, mine included that says I received a prematch offer. Then a message five minutes later that says the previous message has been recalled. WTF is this????

How many names were on that list, if u don't mind my asking?

How many names were on that list, if u don't mind my asking?

I know you weren't quoting me, but I received that list of names too on my prematch and i counted over 50... i think 52/53; somewhere around there.

Good luck to all! I sincerely hope that more prematch offers are sent out soon to those of you still waiting! :luck:

OMG, I got an email with a list of names, mine included that says I received a prematch offer. Then a message five minutes later that says the previous message has been recalled. WTF is this????

How many names were on that list, if u don't mind?

whoops I didn't mean to send that twice. Congrats to u last prematchers. Think good thoughts for us feb oners.

interview 11/30. accepted 12/24!!!

although i will be withdrawing the acceptance shortly - so someone else will have a shot! good luck to all!! :luck:

interview 11/30. accepted 12/24!!!

although i will be withdrawing the acceptance shortly - so someone else will have a shot! good luck to all!! :luck:

God bless you, and everyone else that withdraws these acceptances.

Hey,

Wondering if anybody who interviewed Dec 7th got a pre-match offer yet?

Also, how did you guys know that end of prematch for TMDSAS is Dec 31st?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
53 on a brief count, it is a lot of names to go through. Caveat: I received an email five minutes later saying disregard.

I'm guessing by your signature you've decided on tech?

Hey,

Wondering if anybody who interviewed Dec 7th got a pre-match offer yet?

Also, how did you guys know that end of prematch for TMDSAS is Dec 31st?

Thanks

I interviewed on 12/7.

I must admit, I feel a bit foolish for posting that in my signature the day before I received the offer from UTHSCSA. Truth is I am about 70/30 and plan on making a few visits in the next two weeks.

70/30 which direction? I'm thinking you probably mean 70 - Tech, 30 - SA??

Congrats on that--I would say you had a very successful cycle & you deserve it! You have a very great problem. :)

There won't be any surprises for you in the match--that's a definite plus.

70/30 which direction? I'm thinking you probably mean 70 - Tech, 30 - SA??

Congrats on that--I would say you had a very successful cycle & you deserve it! You have a very great problem. :)

There won't be any surprises for you in the match--that's a definite plus.

Thank you very much! Congrats on your acceptances as well! I'm leaning toward Tech because of the contacts I have made and the curriculum and schedule. I love San Antonio though, I would like to learn more about the MSI and MSII schedule.

Thank you very much! Congrats on your acceptances as well! I'm leaning toward Tech because of the contacts I have made and the curriculum and schedule. I love San Antonio though, I would like to learn more about the MSI and MSII schedule.

Thanks! It is a huge relief to know I will finally be going to med school... it's been a long, long road... It's pretty funny that I almost gave up at one point. I am glad I didn't. That's for sure.

I know that one of the UTHSC-SA MS I's posted their schedule (possibly the first semester?? not sure...) somewhere... I downloaded it when they posted it, but I haven't looked at it yet...

Anywhere you go is a win-win situation! Keep us updated! :)

So, mgirl21 posted the MSI schedule for UTHSC-SA on the RoT thread, page 41.

going to try to attach it for anyone interested... :)

Attachments

• Fall 2009 uthscsa som.pdf
    95 KB · Views: 321
how do you think it went?? i loved the school and i though the interviews were so laid back and actually gave me a chance to show how passionate i am about wanting to be a doctor. have yall gotten any news about if any more pre-match offers will go out before the 31st?

how do you think it went?? i loved the school and i though the interviews were so laid back and actually gave me a chance to show how passionate i am about wanting to be a doctor. have yall gotten any news about if any more pre-match offers will go out before the 31st?

I'm thinking the offers that went out on Dec. 24th in the early hours of the morning were the last bunch of pre-match offers, but who knows!

Yeh, I think the smart money's on no more prematch offers. Thats the reason I was asking how many names were on that email. They told the most recent interview class that they were gonna give out 30+ more prematch offers by the end of the year. Then a few weeks later they send out an email with ~53 names saying these are the prematch people. Its sure looking like were all waiting for match offers now. Let the countdown to Feb 1 begin. Ill start it...
34 days!

33 days! (this is going to get old fast, but I've already started and would feel silly stopping now)

33 days! (this is going to get old fast, but I've already started and would feel silly stopping now)
Haha maybe you can do it every couple of days?

Who here is a re-applicant, and who here has taken the MCAT more than 2 times?

i am a first time applicant, but i took the MCAT twice. once in may, then retook in august!

I am a reapplicant and i have taken the mcat 4 times due too some strange circumstances that occured around my mcat times.

I'm a re-applicant, and have taken it twice. I will be taking it again in the spring if I don't get accepted this year either :rolleyes: Hopefully though, I can chunk the prep books out in 33 days! :xf:

I took it three times which in my opinion is two times too many. Not fun--especially because I took it in august each time so I studied all summer!

Apparently, I'm a trooper who can't count. NOW, it's 4 weeks to the match. Someone verify this. Any more votes for me for trooper? I'm at two already. Also, if anyone else wants to run for trooper, I welcome opposition. I'm also looking for a running mate for the role of super trooper.

Like you guys have been saying, I really have been a little relieved since the prematch period is over. At least I don't have to check my email constantly. All I have to do is screw up countdowns. And, of course, run for trooper :).

Has anyone gone to take a "second look" yet?

For those of you who have prematched, do you know if we need to send in anything other than the accept/decline sheet of paper...such as Fall semester transcripts? I know some people had also mentioned something about sending TMDSAS updated transcripts... is this required?

Anybody with an OOS acceptance wanna do me a solid and REJECT their offer :) That would be greatly appreciated. Would love to go here and cancel other pending interviews. But really are there are students with OOS acceptances that are really torn or probably going to eventually decline as I am curious if there will be movement on the waitlist or if I should accept my slow rejection.... Thanks in advance.

Anybody with an OOS acceptance wanna do me a solid and REJECT their offer :) That would be greatly appreciated. Would love to go here and cancel other pending interviews. But really are there are students with OOS acceptances that are really torn or probably going to eventually decline as I am curious if there will be movement on the waitlist or if I should accept my slow rejection.... Thanks in advance.

Did you actually get an official spot on the waitlist? I interviewed here and at Tech in early October, and haven't heard a thing from either of them since. I'm OOS too.

i think its safe to say if youre OOS and interviewed and didnt get an acceptance yet, youre on the waitlist. TX schools only interview tops 100 OOSers anyway so they keep them all around. dont think any OOS applicant was definitively rejected from these schools

i think its safe to say if youre OOS and interviewed and didnt get an acceptance yet, youre on the waitlist. TX schools only interview tops 100 OOSers anyway so they keep them all around. dont think any OOS applicant was definitively rejected from these schools

I don't think that's true for all Texas schools. Tech told me they would send out all final decision letters for OOS interviewees on 1/15, and UTHSCSA said they would send out final rejection letters within the next week or two.

Edit: I called Tech again and the person gave me different dates. But both schools did seem confident that rejection letters would go out before too long. But since I've gotten a few different answers depending on who I talk to, I am not sure when exactly that will be.

Last edited:
oh thanks for correcting me. i was under the impression that no news was waitlist. my only experience with texas schools is UTH and UTSouthwestern

No, I haven't heard anything back yet regarding waitlists, but HOPED I at least made that cut off. I also followed up with Tech and was informed that rejections will go out shortly after Feb 1 as all decisions will have been made at that point and we can expect an e-mail shortly after regarding a decision. I also spoke with UTHSCA this morning and she said that yeah they tend to keep us all around but will make a slight cut off and send out rejection letters in due time, but to not keep my fingers crossed...

Haha, maybe that's why the person at UTHSCSA seemed a little annoyed. I probably called right after you did with the exact same question.

i am OOS, accepted on 10/15. i've been weighing SA with another offer, but will likely be declining my offer to SA in the next few days or so (after i verify a few things). good luck to you!

I found out that UTHSCSA does save some spots for the match, however I was not disclosed to how many because I asked before Jan 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.