2010-2011 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_bolton_pirate.jpg

pirate_michaelbolton.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I generally save those for the Case secondary threads, so I think I'll christen the new one with 10k.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo... where can we get SOM hoodies/car stickers? :) It's a long drive to school and I'd like some gear just in case I get pulled over.

So do you guys think that was it for Case movements this year?

So do you guys think that was it for Case movements this year?
Definitely not. Not necessarily tons, but June will still probably see 5-10 openings, based upon what happened last year.

Note: I know nothing besides talking to classmates who got in in June.

Nice new avatar, Auriga!

:zip:

(monkey for you)
Thanks!! It was overdue, I'm not sure why I left it there so long. The flying eggplant needed to finally reach the star it was flying towards. It may appear again in another form someday.

Glad to see you slip in here in time to steal the top! :p
*Btw that pic is extremely disturbing. Not sure you should be so proud to be a pirate XD*

Last edited:
Well, I generally save those for the Case secondary threads, so I think I'll christen the new one with 10k.
I can't wait to see what you use to christen that thread! Mwahahahahahahaha *cough*

Last edited:
Got the call from Christian today! :D

For those of you still waiting, even though I said I am definitely going to accept, he did give me 7 days. So if your phone hasn't rang today set your sights for a week from now!

Best of luck to everyone. :luck:

For those of you still waiting, even though I said I am definitely going to accept, he did give me 7 days. So if your phone hasn't rang today set your sights for a week from now!

Congrats!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Was your call in the morning or afternoon?

Nice work. Thank you for letting us know!

Congrats! Hoping for the rest of you! :xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! It was overdue, I'm not sure why I left it there so long. The flying eggplant needed to finally reach the star it was flying towards. It may appear again in another form someday.

Glad to see you slip in here in time to steal the top! :p
*Btw that pic is extremely disturbing. Not sure you should be so proud to be a pirate XD*

Ah, well that is Michael Bolton as Jack Sparrow, if you didn't already know. Better than than his Erin Brackovich (sp?). :shivers:

Ah, well that is Michael Bolton as Jack Sparrow, if you didn't already know. Better than than his Erin Brackovich (sp?). :shivers:

This is the tale of captain Jack Sparrow....

That song has been stuck in my head for weeks.

Congrats fellow Washingtonian!! Where in Washington are you from?

Congrats fellow Washingtonian!! Where in Washington are you from?

I went to school at UW, but I'm at home with the family in Eastern Washington right now.

Looking forward to meeting you! :highfive:

6 Weeks is going to go by fast. !!!!!!

Definitely not. Not necessarily tons, but June will still probably see 5-10 openings, based upon what happened last year.

Note: I know nothing besides talking to classmates who got in in June.

I really hope so. Thanks for the info.

I've never seen the Case thread this quiet! I think I killed it as the last poster (and still the last poster). Has anyone bugged admissions lately about movement? I've been following the twitter only.

It's not you, I promise! Just a lot of the Case action has now moved over to the 2011-2012 thread. Are you only on waitlists, Thom, or have you been accepted somewhere else but you're hoping for Case?

It's not you, I promise! Just a lot of the Case action has now moved over to the 2011-2012 thread. Are you only on waitlists, Thom, or have you been accepted somewhere else but you're hoping for Case?

The latter, accepted but hoping still!

I've never seen the Case thread this quiet! I think I killed it as the last poster (and still the last poster). Has anyone bugged admissions lately about movement? I've been following the twitter only.

Are you kidding?????? No one has said anything on this thread in 4 days?????:eek::eek::eek:.....Times are really changing. What's going on my Case peoples? Or are the incoming first years already old timers???

If any incoming M1s are looking for a mattress set, I'm selling mine. It's a Serta, used for 2 years, full size with box spring and frame. Asking $150. Only caveat is that you'd have to be able to pick it up. Let me know if you're interested.

Are exams the last Friday of every block, spaced out during the Reflection & Integration week, or do you schedule them yourself during that week?

Are exams the last Friday of every block, spaced out during the Reflection & Integration week, or do you schedule them yourself during that week?

Tuesday would be your gross/path test day, while Thursday would be your SSEQ day. Friday is an NBME style examination just for practice.

Tuesday would be your gross/path test day, while Thursday would be your SSEQ day. Friday is an NBME style examination just for practice.

You guys/gals are really hiding in the thread like :ninja:'s!

Thanks for the quick response.

Withdrew this week. Was an insanely tough decision but hope one of you gets my spot!

The latter, accepted but hoping still!
Good, I'm glad that whatever happens, you're going to med school this summer. :thumbup:

Are you kidding?????? No one has said anything on this thread in 4 days?????:eek::eek::eek:.....Times are really changing. What's going on my Case peoples? Or are the incoming first years already old timers???
A lot of the action has moved on to this year's Case app thread. Anyone who's reading this old thread is welcome to come join us in the subforum right below this one. Plenty of hilarity and fun to be had for the new app season. :D

A lot of the action has moved on to this year's Case app thread. Anyone who's reading this old thread is welcome to come join us in the subforum right below this one. Plenty of hilarity and fun to be had for the new app season. :D

Yo yo, the par-tay done been moved! Dat new thread, she be smokin hot!!! Mon down homies!!;)

Hey I just got back from China and I want to find a Case student for a roommate. What's the best way to get in touch with other roommate-less students? facebook? case's own forums? student affairs?

Also, Myuu, Auriga,CCLCMer, vc7777 all you frequent posters on this thread, thanks for keeping us so well-informed, looking forward to meeting you people when school starts :laugh:

Hey I just got back from China and I want to find a Case student for a roommate. What's the best way to get in touch with other roommate-less students? facebook? case's own forums? student affairs?

Also, Myuu, Auriga,CCLCMer, vc7777 all you frequent posters on this thread, thanks for keeping us so well-informed, looking forward to meeting you people when school starts :laugh:

Yeah, they is Facebook page case western school of medicine class of 2015, and there are people posting looking for roommates and links to other housing options as well.

Sorry for the bump, but...Orientation started at CCLCM today, yes? So I'm guessing it's safe to assume that I've been silent-rejected.

LAST!!;)

So why are med students so competitive?:laugh: Good luck this year Casies!

:( Yes, it started yesterday. Sorry! Please don't burninate us!

I saw it coming, I was just surprised to not hear anything about it (still haven't :p). Sigh, I suppose I'll spare you all the burnination.

:shifty:

I know not what you are talking about?

So, have any of the new MS1s figured out who Myuu or Vc7777 IRL are? :)

I've met one. Another one knows who I am, but I have yet to meet him.:)

The SDN lunch meet-and-greet didn't manifest this year either, eh? :eyebrow:

So far, the only M1 to identify me is RhesusPieces. Mad props to her!

Status
Not open for further replies.