2010-2011 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The SDN lunch meet-and-greet didn't manifest this year either, eh? :eyebrow:

Some of us are busy. 🙁


Edit: Oh, I'm good. Yes, yes, I am.

2009040425.jpg
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sooooooo, if you had been accepted at Case and they offered you a 80% scholarship for all 4 years, BUT you had to delay entry a year, would you do it? 😕
 
Oh god, yes.
:smack: Of course I'm sure you're right.....as usual!😉 But strangely, when I'm faced with a similar situation, it doesn't seem to be the immediate no brainer it should be. But what would you do with that year? Work? Travel? Research? Stamp out world hunger? Sleep in?😀
 
I would definitely run with it. I had a friend who got a deferral offered WITHOUT any scholarship. No regrets, he just started up, had a lot of stress-free time to relax, squirreled away some money, and spent time with loved ones - all knowing he was in. 😎
Thank you both for your input, you guys are always so helpful! The numbers came out 70% instead of 80, but I'm definitely going for it. I'm looking at some research opportunities, job shadowing some surgeons I know, working on a foreign language, doing the Europe thing if I can find someone to go with me, but the bottom line is that the debt relief is just a huge burden lifted off of my shoulders and I'm very thankful.🙂

And yes, I believe there were some in the group who had accepted a deferral early in the process without compensation. Bummer!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.