2010-2011 East Carolina (Brody) Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just so you know, I live in Greenville and would probably receive my letter the quickest. Good luck again to everyone.

I received my acceptance letter today. What a great feeling. Good luck to everyone else.

MCAT 32K
Undergrad GPA 3.0
Science GPA 4.0
grad degree MPH
1st time applicant with strong ties to eastern NC
 
Just so you know, I live in Greenville and would probably receive my letter the quickest. Good luck again to everyone.

Thats what I was going to suggest... that you were on the east side of NC.

I have a friend that got a rejection letter yesterday in the mail in the south-central part of the state.

I wonder if they sent out all rejections first, then everything else after. Just wishful thinking :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greensboro ... and nothing. I don't know about you guys ... but I'm really terrified about tomorrow.
 
Greensboro ... and nothing. I don't know about you guys ... but I'm really terrified about tomorrow.

Triad area too, and scared of what tomorrow brings, but relieved to know something if in fact everything is actually out.
 
Not to doubt what someone said earlier about all decisions going out, but it seems like there are a lot of people who haven't heard anything on this thread. I know its completely feasible that we could hear tomorrow, but at the same time, why would they send out decision to some people before other if decisions were already made this week?

Maybe the question was misunderstood when it was asked on the phone by the poster above. I know there is a good chance that we'll hear tomorrow or Friday, but its also at least minutely possible that we won't hear anything for a little longer.

I may eat my words tomorrow when I open my mailbox, but I thought I'd at least throw that out there.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: I'll also say that when I called sometime around 2/23 they told me that I did not have a final decision at that time, and I'm pretty sure she told me that they wouldn't look at my file again for at least 2-3 weeks from that point in time. That was about 2 weeks ago.
 
I called ... and all decisions have definitely gone out. They can't tell you anything over the phone ... or maybe that's just me because I'm rejected! Now I'm really nervous!
 
So I called ECU and they told me that ALL of the letters were being sent out today and that I should hear back in the next few days.

I even asked, "All of the letters for everyone?" - to which she replied yes.

Relax. Try to remember that worrying doesn't help and that the answer will be the same whether you worry or not.
 
No news for me.

Unless if you call letters from College Foundation reminding you that loans are due good news. 😛

That sucks, norm. I was up all night preparing myself for the mail coming today, but the idea of waiting until tomorrow is unthinkable! I mean, I've waited since October, and now you want me to wait 24 hours? Impossible!

I have either 3.5 or 27.5 hours of waiting left for me - mail usually hits at 4:00.

Tick, tock, tick, tock . . .:xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sucks, norm. I was up all night preparing myself for the mail coming today, but the idea of waiting until tomorrow is unthinkable! I mean, I've waited since October, and now you want me to wait 24 hours? Impossible!

I have either 3.5 or 27.5 hours of waiting left for me - mail usually hits at 4:00.

Tick, tock, tick, tock . . .:xf:

If they sent it out yesterday I think you have a better chance of getting yours today since you said you're in Raleigh. I'm north of Charlotte... so it'd probably take at least two days for me.
 
No mail today. I'm guessing waitlist or rejections only now. Acceptances would have been the first priority (speculation) and the others would be when they got to it.........
 
No mail today. I'm guessing waitlist or rejections only now. Acceptances would have been the first priority (speculation) and the others would be when they got to it.........

We've seen both recent acceptances and recent rejections.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me either.... Someone call and find out what is happening..... I would but I don't have access to a phone today until later. This is torture!
 
ECU admissions update page still reads 65 acceptances. hopefully they'll update soon so we'll have a better idea of what's going on!
 
This makes me feel like its all WL/R in a bulk mail. Maybe tomorrow? Anybody in Durham/Raleigh receive anything?
 
Girl000, I disagree. I think they are just busy and haven't updated it yet. If it is only wl and rejections, that wait list will surely move at least 30 spots!
 
The updates only happen on the 15th and 30th of the month ... so we can expect one next week. Hopefully our letter will be here by then.
 
My mail hasn't come yet, but I'm in Raleigh, so I'll let you guys know when it's here. That's very disturbing.

I doubt they would send anything bulk mail, and would assume it's going to arrive tomorrow. It's worse knowing they're in the mail.
 
Maybe the two people that were accepted are the two people who recently reported it on sdn... jus a thought.. maybe the last 13 offers are on the way... you never know.

I don't think we should assume the worst just yet.
 
My mail hasn't come yet, but I'm in Raleigh, so I'll let you guys know when it's here. That's very disturbing.

I doubt they would send anything bulk mail, and would assume it's going to arrive tomorrow. It's worse knowing they're in the mail.


Anything, Matt? Or anybody else in Raleigh/Durham area?
 
Sorry for not updating sooner - I have a sick child at home.

Nothing in the mail for me today. The vigil continues. I keep reminding myself that when we interviewed, Dr. Peden told us to pick a date in May for the final answer. Even if it's a week from now, if someone had offered us March 18 as a deadline, we would have taken it.

Trying to stay positive!

Also, I remember that Dr. Peden said that about three dozen or so people would be on the unranked alternate list.

If the class is 78, and it takes 100 - 125 acceptances to fill a class, it appears that if you make the alternate list, you have a pretty good chance of getting in eventually. The numbers that they use would indicate that around 22 people get pulled off the list.

Just more food for thought. . .
 
I wouldn't think 22 of the 36 get off, because by this time several persons have already rejected ECU, so they will be in the 80+ acceptance range before wait list even begins! I have two friends that have already turned them down.

Sorry for not updating sooner - I have a sick child at home.

Nothing in the mail for me today. The vigil continues. I keep reminding myself that when we interviewed, Dr. Peden told us to pick a date in May for the final answer. Even if it's a week from now, if someone had offered us March 18 as a deadline, we would have taken it.

Trying to stay positive!

Also, I remember that Dr. Peden said that about three dozen or so people would be on the unranked alternate list.

If the class is 78, and it takes 100 - 125 acceptances to fill a class, it appears that if you make the alternate list, you have a pretty good chance of getting in eventually. The numbers that they use would indicate that around 22 people get pulled off the list.

Just more food for thought. . .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't think 22 of the 36 get off, because by this time several persons have already rejected ECU, so they will be in the 80+ acceptance range before wait list even begins! I have two friends that have already turned them down.

I think the AAMC mandates that every school has to make the # of offers = (at least) the number of seats by the end of March.

You may know two people who turned them down, but I'd be willing to bet that just like every other school they probably have a fairly large amount of people who are holding several offers at once until the May 15th deadline (the deadline that says they have to make up their mind). I think I've heard the majority of waitlist movement at any school is in mid/late May.
 
I think the AAMC mandates that every school has to make the # of offers = (at least) the number of seats by the end of March.

You may know two people who turned them down, but I'd be willing to bet that just like every other school they probably have a fairly large amount of people who are holding several offers at once until the May 15th deadline (the deadline that says they have to make up their mind). I think I've heard the majority of waitlist movement at any school is in mid/late May.

Agreed... Just saying not exactly 76. The exact rule I that every school must have all 76 seats filled, not offered....
 
Just saw the mail truck in my neighborhood ... I think I'll be sitting by the mailbox for the next few minutes.

:xf: :xf: :xf:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.