-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 East Carolina (Brody) Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Mail just came, waitlisted. It could be worse I guess. Good luck to everybody else!
Better than a rejection - but you have Creighton still, so that's good news for you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mail just came, waitlisted. It could be worse I guess. Good luck to everybody else!
You're right. Congrats on the not so bad news!!
Norm, did your mail come with nothing in it, or has your mail not arrived yet?
I got a postcard with a coupon from the lady who cut my hair the other day.... no ecu letter though hahaNorm, did your mail come with nothing in it, or has your mail not arrived yet?
Waitlisted. More waiting.
Ha87 didn't you say you were in the char-meck area? Wonder why I didn't get anything.... the kannapolis post office must not like me
Waitlisted in Raleigh. Alive to fight another day! Move waitlist move!I am actually in the Ral/Durham Area
How weird would it be if we were all waitlisted haha
How weird would it be if we were all waitlisted haha
Thanks for posting everyone. WL is not a bad place to be. I've not received any mail yet today; I'd love to be accepted, but can do with a WL as well if God is willing.




Best of luck to all. I'll post when my mail comes.
Waitlisted as well.
Looks like I'm still treading water. . .
Looks like I'm still treading water. . .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what if everyone is waitlisted, just so they can delay the decision? haha
This seems plausible... and makes sense...
It seems like first they sent out rejections a few days ago... then those two people posted about being accepted... now it looks like waitlists are going out... hopefully more people will post so we'll be able to know if this is likely true.
No mail from ECU. I live a little further west in Hickory.
I wonder how many people are on this list haha
My best guess of the situation: committee meets on Wednesdays. So this Wednesday all of us that haven't had decisions made were considered. If you go back to previous threads, acceptances came before rejections. I think this will hold true here too in the form of wait list before rejections. It makes sense that most of us on this thread are waitlisted, because we are the few stragglers left that haven't been rejected..... We will see, and I hope the best for everyone!
My best guess of the situation: committee meets on Wednesdays. So this Wednesday all of us that haven't had decisions made were considered. If you go back to previous threads, acceptances came before rejections. I think this will hold true here too in the form of wait list before rejections. It makes sense that most of us on this thread are waitlisted, because we are the few stragglers left that haven't been rejected..... We will see, and I hope the best for everyone!
I agree except I think they did rejections first on wednesday... because two people on here were rejected plus I know people in real life that were rejected as well. Unless those were rejections that were from another meeting.
Then the next day acceptances came for two people on here.. then all of a sudden the rest of usare waitlisted... at least I hope I am waitlisted. I think ppl west of winston are without a decision because of the longer delivery for the post office.
Does anybody else think its odd all final decisions are out early March? This is at least a month before last years final decisions.
Do you guys agree that this seems like a way to repopulate the applicant pool with ppl that want to go to ECU for sure? The WL letter was a bit odd ... clearly stated that if you are accepted to a school that you plan on attending, do not remain on the WL. I guess well see when the update comes out this week. If 100-120 offers have been made, then this isn't true.
Do you guys agree that this seems like a way to repopulate the applicant pool with ppl that want to go to ECU for sure? The WL letter was a bit odd ... clearly stated that if you are accepted to a school that you plan on attending, do not remain on the WL. I guess well see when the update comes out this week. If 100-120 offers have been made, then this isn't true.
I agree except I think they did rejections first on wednesday... because two people on here were rejected plus I know people in real life that were rejected as well. Unless those were rejections that were from another meeting.
Then the next day acceptances came for two people on here.. then all of a sudden the rest of usare waitlisted... at least I hope I am waitlisted. I think ppl west of winston are without a decision because of the longer delivery for the post office.
so do you think more people than just those two got acceptances? but are the only ones posting?
Also, maybe this will help us out, what days were the WL, Rejections, and Acceptances postmarked? It'd be helpful to think about it from date of postmark rather than from receiving it in the mail since we live across the state!
No mail here in my Piedmont world.
Good luck, Nessy. Haven't seen you on the forums in a while! Hopefully you break this WL roll and receive an acceptance letter! 🙂
so do you think more people than just those two got acceptances? but are the only ones posting?
Also, maybe this will help us out, what days were the WL, Rejections, and Acceptances postmarked? It'd be helpful to think about it from date of postmark rather than from receiving it in the mail since we live across the state!
My WL was postmarked on the 11th.
so do you think more people than just those two got acceptances? but are the only ones posting?
I'm not sure about that. I guess we'll know that for sure on Tuesday when the website is updated. I still don't know if I'm on the waitlist or not, but I'm going to guess I am based on the number of people that got waitlisted today on SDN 🙂xf🙂 within the eastern region of the state. As far as I can tell no one was rejected that got a letter on here. I'm in Cabarrus County northeast of Charlotte, so I guess the mail truck didn't make it far enough down I-85 yet...
Also, maybe this will help us out, what days were the WL, Rejections, and Acceptances postmarked? It'd be helpful to think about it from date of postmark rather than from receiving it in the mail since we live across the state!
The people that I know that were rejected (both on here and in real life) received their rejection letters on the 9th. I don't know anyone personally that was accepted the next day, but on here at least 2 people got an acceptance letter on the 10th.
Then maybe they sent out WL letters immediately after that was done. I wonder how big the waitlist pool is. In the past threads I've read that its unranked and "big enough to fill the class".
Sunday is gonna be a long day.
Does anybody else think its odd all final decisions are out early March? This is at least a month before last years final decisions.
Do you guys agree that this seems like a way to repopulate the applicant pool with ppl that want to go to ECU for sure? The WL letter was a bit odd ... clearly stated that if you are accepted to a school that you plan on attending, do not remain on the WL. I guess well see when the update comes out this week. If 100-120 offers have been made, then this isn't true.
I dunno if they'd make 100-120 offers just yet. The way I thought it worked was they make the initial 78 offers... and then when people turn the offer down they make that many more offers.. and they keep making offers until the accepted students stop turning down the seat. If they made 100-120 offers now.. they'd run the risk of all 100-120 people accepting and then they'd be way over the limit. (this is just a guess of how it works I don't have any insider info or anything)
I know a lot of the people I work with that are getting several acceptances are waiting on award letters before they make up their mind... and like I said before they don't have to decide on one school until May 15th.
Good luck, Nessy. Haven't seen you on the forums in a while! Hopefully you break this WL roll and receive an acceptance letter! 🙂
Thanks Girl000, I haven't been posting a lot, but believe you me, I am here

Best wishes to you too

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The website says that the alternate list is "less than the class size of 78" it also says that a dozen or so usually move after may 15, but doesn't speak to the several that probably move before the 15th. I was thinking alternate list was a death sentence, but I guess not!
Would everyone on here 100% go to ECU?
Would everyone on here 100% go to ECU?
yep.
Yeah I definitely would.
Here is where they were 2 weeks prior to May 15th of last year:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=9625934&postcount=231
On April 1st someone posted that said they had reached the 78 offers. In less than a month they had already made 98 offers...
Here is where they were 2 weeks prior to May 15th of last year:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=9625934&postcount=231
On April 1st someone posted that said they had reached the 78 offers. In less than a month they had already made 98 offers...
Would everyone on here 100% go to ECU?
Since ECU is my only option left, yes, I would 100% go to ECU. 😀
I got accepeted!!! I got the leter on Thursday at my address in Ohio. After 3 years of applying. The bad news now is that I am going to turm them down. I got into 3 other schools. I wished they had accepted me last year or two years ago. For all the waitlisters, theres hope a seat will def be available.
Waitlist letter dated 3/9/2011
Got my letter today. Waitlisted as well. The waiting continues!
So I guess out of the 10-11 of us on the waitlist a few of us are bound to get in. Has anyone asked the admissions office about how big the waitlist is?
Good luck everyone.
Good luck everyone.
The FAQ section says the waitlist is smaller than the class size (so less than 78) and from the numbers that will be posted tomorrow (presumably 78 acceptances) there should be 22-47 spots left.... That means anywhere from roughly 1-4 chance to 1:2 chance.... We will see!
The FAQ section says the waitlist is smaller than the class size (so less than 78) and from the numbers that will be posted tomorrow (presumably 78 acceptances) there should be 22-47 spots left.... That means anywhere from roughly 1-4 chance to 1:2 chance.... We will see!
I hope our chances are that good! I wonder if the way they choose people will be more stats driven (MCAT and GPA) than in the regular cycle.
I also wonder if the people who come off are at the discretion of the dean, or if they continue meeting as a committee at this point?
Man I have like a million questions haha...
I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I've been dragged around for so long. Finally when I thought I was getting an answer (almost 6 months after my interview) ... it turns out I have several more months of waiting. Really don't think that's fair. I feel like they should have a better timeline of making final decisions on applications ... as well as, in general, being much more organized as a school.
😕
😕
Withdraw your application then?
Everything from here on out in your medical education is going to test the limits of what you thought was possible. My best advice is to just tell yourself, yes, this sucks... but know that you have already made it way further than so many other hopeful candidates. In the scheme of things, this wait will seem small.
Everything from here on out in your medical education is going to test the limits of what you thought was possible. My best advice is to just tell yourself, yes, this sucks... but know that you have already made it way further than so many other hopeful candidates. In the scheme of things, this wait will seem small.
Hey, at least you weren't rejected! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm waitlisted, too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1hey, at least you weren't rejected! Or at least that's what i'm telling myself. I'm waitlisted, too.
Brody has been very prompt in my opinion. I am still waiting to hear from unc and other schools. ECU would be irresponsible to hand out more acceptances than it has seats. The waitlist is a decision...... However, if I had an acceptance, it would be tough to wait around for a maybe while all of my classmates get housing, moving, and other details worked out.
I think we are lucky too... in the past two years peole didn't hear anything until april/may
i think we are lucky too... In the past two years peole didn't hear anything until april/may
+1
Last edited:
As of March 15, 2011, we have .....
Received 851 AMCAS applications
Received 746 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 488 applicants
Made 93 offers
(Generally it takes 100-125 offers to fill a class)
So I called just to clarify, the number of offers only include acceptance offers and is separate from the alternate list. I figured as such but it doesn't hurt to check
Received 851 AMCAS applications
Received 746 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 488 applicants
Made 93 offers
(Generally it takes 100-125 offers to fill a class)
So I called just to clarify, the number of offers only include acceptance offers and is separate from the alternate list. I figured as such but it doesn't hurt to check
- Status
- Not open for further replies.