2010-2011 Mount Sinai Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait to hear back about decisions in november...this wait is agonizing.

Members don't see this ad.

can't wait to hear back about decisions in november...this wait is agonizing.

I cannot recall them telling us when (and how -- email?) decisions would be made. When in November were you told, Jeepy?

I cannot recall them telling us when (and how -- email?) decisions would be made. When in November were you told, Jeepy?

i believe it will be by email like in previous years...but they seemed a little confused because I guess this embark system is new, so it could either speed things up or delay them compared to last year, not sure!

anyways, I was told mid november (interviewed in early october). however, they also told applicants "mid november" last year and people found out starting 11/4 it seems. just keeping my fingers crossed for that first & second week of november! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I found only a few weeks after my interview (Nov. 4th) last year. And, it definitely was my first acceptance at one of the schools on the list of my top choices. If you're in the first wave of interviews Sinai tends to accept a much larger proportion of those applicants than they will later in the cycle, so your prospects are decent assuming things didn't go terribly wrong in the interview.

It's wonderful to have that acceptance so early in the game too. Takes most of the stress off the rest of the process. Good luck!

I found only a few weeks after my interview (Nov. 4th) last year. And, it definitely was my first acceptance at one of the schools on the list of my top choices. If you're in the first wave of interviews Sinai tends to accept a much larger proportion of those applicants than they will later in the cycle, so your prospects are decent assuming things didn't go terribly wrong in the interview.

It's wonderful to have that acceptance so early in the game too. Takes most of the stress off the rest of the process. Good luck!

I read your MD Apps about Mount Sinai. I felt the same way about it. What an amazing school. It's the first time I thought about going to a "less highly ranked" school than others at which I interviewed. The students seemed so happy and truly supportive of each other. And the school is so committed to the students.

Man I would love to have that acceptance in the next couple of weeks.

I read your MD Apps about Mount Sinai. I felt the same way about it. What an amazing school. It's the first time I thought about going to a "less highly ranked" school than others at which I interviewed. The students seemed so happy and truly supportive of each other. And the school is so committed to the students.

Man I would love to have that acceptance in the next couple of weeks.

Yup, Sinai is awesome. I'm still uber jealous of Sinai housing and how incredible it would be to live on the UES and only pay $600 in rent. I live in the suburbs in CA now and probably will be paying twice that much pretty soon.

I could talk at length about this....but don't let prestige be too much of a factor once you have the fortunate position to make such decisions. I had similar thoughts going into this process, but ultimately ignored rankings and "prestige" when it really came down to choosing a school.

Anyone receive an interview here lately? If so, mind posting when you submitted your secondary and when you received the invite? Thanks.

Last edited:
I completed my application on 9/20 and I haven't received heads or tails of anything since then. Am I done for? What was the length of time it took from submission to hear back from them? And do they send out a rejection notice?

Anyone know if we'll hear back this week for final decisions? I believe the first round of acceptances went out on Nov 4th last year.

For what it's worth, they said mid-November on my interview day. Clearly, they might just be covering their backs and will release decisions earlier. They may well have said the same thing last year. But yeah, I don't think there's really a way of knowing.

so here's a weird one... I applied late in the cycle due to circumstances outside of my control, got my primary application through around September 20. I have not received an invitation to fill out a secondary or any word at all... not to brag but my numbers are well above Mt Sinai's averages for matriculants, I've sent an email to their admissions office inquiring about it and I was ignored, anyone else get the cold shoulder like this?
Think there's anything to do, or this late does it even warrant trying to get a secondary?

so here's a weird one... I applied late in the cycle due to circumstances outside of my control, got my primary application through around September 20. I have not received an invitation to fill out a secondary or any word at all... not to brag but my numbers are well above Mt Sinai's averages for matriculants, I've sent an email to their admissions office inquiring about it and I was ignored, anyone else get the cold shoulder like this?
Think there's anything to do, or this late does it even warrant trying to get a secondary?

call them.

Or just go to https://apply.embark.com/Grad/MountSinai/MD/15/ and create an account and do it on your own. I don't think you have to wait for a secondary invite. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an interview from Mt Sinai lately? I'd love a chance to interview here :D

wondering if we will hear anything tomorrow..

i interviewed on the week of the 11th. too soon to hear back you think?
i remember they told us late november

I interviewed 10/13 and was told the same as u. However last year they heard on the 4th of Nov. so who knows

I was also told late Nov. but so was last years class and they heard 11/4

Last edited:
At my interview at the end of October, they said they were aiming for mid-November but that it could be later in November and that if you didn't hear anything by the first of Dec, you should call and check in. But maybe we'll hear earlier...that would be nice!

I just got an interview invite yesterday. Complete 8/16 and submitted 7/20... haha.. so yeah, better 2+ months later than never :D

Interview invite on 11/4 for a 12/10 interview! Submitted Mid-August...OOS from Cali

:love: So excited for NYC during Christmastime

Congrats everyone who got an invitation for interview, do you mind posting your stats, thank you

alright 2nd full week of november :xf:, hoping on a post-interview decision! give me some good news, mount sinai pleeease :)

+1. Do they mail decisions or is it online?

I think it's supposed to be through email. previous years, that's how they notified their applicants. I think this year it'll be through the Embark system, which may be a direct email or maybe an email inviting us to check a status or message. They didn't seem sure on my interview date....

hoping the new system doesn't delay their decision-relaying. :)

Hi guys!

Anyone try rescheduling? I want to reschedule but I'm afraid there's a "only 1 reschedule allowed" rule like with some other schools. I'm not totally sure about my Dec schedule yet so didn't want to limit my options by rescheduling to another date that turned out not to work. But I also didn't want to leave the rescheduling until there were no more interview spots in Dec!

Any advice is appreciated :)

Wow... I think I fell in love with this school on my interview day. I'm definitely withdrawing the vast majority of my apps if I get in!

Wow... I think I fell in love with this school on my interview day. I'm definitely withdrawing the vast majority of my apps if I get in!

Gotta love Sinai. :love:

I'm going gray with all the stress of waiting for Mount Sinai decisions!

I'm going gray with all the stress of waiting for Mount Sinai decisions!

Any idea when decisions actually come out? I know they said mid november during interviews but when specifically?

I interviewed here last year and got waitlisted, made HUGE improvements to my app and now haven't heard back this year. Anyone know how friendly they are to re-apps or been interviewed here two consecutive years?

Any idea when decisions actually come out? I know they said mid november during interviews but when specifically?

I don't know. Everyone up above is pointing out how they sent the first round out on 11/4, but obviously that's not the case this year. I sent an email to admissions a little while ago. I'll post if/when they respond.

Hopefully tomorrow!

I don't know. Everyone up above is pointing out how they sent the first round out on 11/4, but obviously that's not the case this year. I sent an email to admissions a little while ago. I'll post if/when they respond.

Hopefully tomorrow!

I read somewhere that the committee meets on Tuesdays. Sigh. I really want to go here.

has anyone gotten any interview invites lately? around what time were you guys complete?

Submitted on 9/21
LOR marked as complete on the status site on 10/22

Still waiting..

I was complete around that time too and nothing either. I interned here and loved the place. Cmon MSSM!

So is tomorrow the big day for decisions? According to the MSSM website, "The earliest date of notification of acceptance is generally November 15."

So is tomorrow the big day for decisions? According to the MSSM website, "The earliest date of notification of acceptance is generally November 15."

wow guess they were pretty serious about the "mid-november" thing....the exact middle!
:xf: for decisions tomorrow!

Interview invite tonight! So excited!! (7 pm PT on a Sunday?)

Got the "Thank You for Submitting" on 9/20 and letters were marked complete 9/24. Interview date I was given was early Jan.

Interview invite tonight! So excited!! (7 pm PT on a Sunday?)

Got the "Thank You for Submitting" on 9/20 and letters were marked complete 9/24. Interview date I was given was early Jan.
I got mine the same time. I submitted late July, got thank you for submitting mid August, I see a few dates for completion of letters, one is early October the other is 9/24.

just an update. I called admissions and the lady at the desk said that they hadn't had the meeting yet. I don't think we're going to be getting decisions today.

Thanks, and ugh.

+1. was really hoping today would be the day! well if the committee meets on Tuesdays...then....TOMORROW better produce some results!

Oh yea! I forgot to post this email I got from the admissions office on 11/12. I asked when they'll be sending out decisions and if they would be sent via email.

They said, "You will be informed by email in a couple of weeks." So we probably won't see anything tomorrow either.

So I submitted my application two months ago and was considered to be "complete" for awhile. However, when I logged onto embark, under application inspector, it says that my essays and photo are missing!!!!

I know that this wasn't the case even a month ago. Is anyone else having this same problem?

I would really appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.