You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I plan on withdrawing my spot on the waitlist. Hopefully someone gets pushed up earlier. Goodluck to you all
Thanks! 🙂
Congratulations to everyone accepted! Just letting you know, there is a FB page for your class of 2015. Join it to look for housing, roommates and to extend a greeting to your fellow colleagues. Looking forward to seeing all of you in a couple months. Be sure to enjoy your time off! You may not have a free summer off again. *Evil laughter*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Back on SDN after a long hiatus. Come onnnnn waitlist! Looks like it started moving earlier than last year. 





Since the committee is done meeting, and the list is hard-ranked, would an update letter even get seen by anybody? I have some new grades I could update them with, but I don't know if it would even do anything.
Are we ever allowed to ask about our position on the list? It seems like it would only make life easier on everyone involved if they would just give us a general idea of our position like most other schools do
Update letters will be seen. Send them if you have anything important to say, ie grade, new service, experiences etc.
It would be nice if SLU does let prospective students know rankings, but I don't think most schools do. I could be wrong but the whole med school app process seemed one big mystery. I had a school that basically said don't talk to us after your interview.
Anyways, I know the wait is frustrating...hang in there!
It would be nice if SLU does let prospective students know rankings, but I don't think most schools do. I could be wrong but the whole med school app process seemed one big mystery. I had a school that basically said don't talk to us after your interview.
Anyways, I know the wait is frustrating...hang in there!
are we ever allowed to ask about our position on the list? It seems like it would only make life easier on everyone involved if they would just give us a general idea of our position like most other schools do
+1
For those of you accepted off the waitlist, how long did they give you to make a decision?
Trying to predict when the next wave of acceptances might go out. 😉
Trying to predict when the next wave of acceptances might go out. 😉
For those of you accepted off the waitlist, how long did they give you to make a decision?
Trying to predict when the next wave of acceptances might go out. 😉
They gave us 2 weeks. So they must have a decision from us a week from tomorrow.
Can anyone tell me about Tower Grove East vs. Tower Grove South? I might be living in Tower Grove South (the border actually), near Kingshighway and Arsenal. Is that a safe area? It's bordering Southwest Gardens and Northampton.
Congrats to all of those who have withdrawn...when are we going to get the next wave of acceptances?? any ideas
My guess is Wednesday based on what ltraylo2 said.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My guess is Wednesday based on what ltraylo2 said.
+1
It seems like there's been quite a bit of movement recently, so hopefully that's a sign that a lot of us waiting will hear good news next week 🙂
Interviewed 1/25
Waitlisted 3/14
Accepted 5/27 - Definitely going
I pestered the admissions people every week with phone calls and e-mails stating that SLU was my top choice and that I would definitely accept any offer they gave me and all that jazz.
I also had my boss and the post-doc I work with send in supplementary recommendation letters. I dunno how much it actually helped, but it definitely doesn't hurt to try.
I hope this helps! Good luck to all of you
Wheels
Waitlisted 3/14
Accepted 5/27 - Definitely going

I pestered the admissions people every week with phone calls and e-mails stating that SLU was my top choice and that I would definitely accept any offer they gave me and all that jazz.
I also had my boss and the post-doc I work with send in supplementary recommendation letters. I dunno how much it actually helped, but it definitely doesn't hurt to try.
I hope this helps! Good luck to all of you

Wheels
Withdrew from the WL yesterday. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! 🙂
Interviewed 1/25
Waitlisted 3/14
Accepted 5/27 - Definitely going
I pestered the admissions people every week with phone calls and e-mails stating that SLU was my top choice and that I would definitely accept any offer they gave me and all that jazz.
I also had my boss and the post-doc I work with send in supplementary recommendation letters. I dunno how much it actually helped, but it definitely doesn't hurt to try.
I hope this helps! Good luck to all of you
Wheels
Exactly what I did to get off the waitlist. If you really want in, I suggest you try to do this.
Just sent in my withdrawal. Good luck everyone
I think I will give them a call and see if I can get any news about movement
Go for it!
I called today, they are still keeping the list confidential. The admissions representative said the list is still moving and that we could hear all the way through about the week before school starts. *furiously crosses fingers*
Has anyone received info about orientation in the mail yet?
I've heard nothing about orientation, and I still haven't received my fin aid award.
I like the graph you made, Rook. I wish there was a key to show which line was last year, and which was 2 years ago. I'm guessing dark blue is 2 years ago.
You're right, but I had just cut the key off by accident. Will update in a second.
EDIT: Ok, it's fixed!
Made this graph. (Yes, I am crazy.) It shows WL movement for the past 2 years and the start of this year as reported by people on SDN.
EDIT: Added legend.
That's actually kind of comforting

I was assuming we were through the big surge phase and were now in more of a "trickle" period. Hopefully not!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's actually kind of comforting
I was assuming we were through the big surge phase and were now in more of a "trickle" period. Hopefully not!
Yeah, I don't think we're quite trickling yet. I hope we have some more movement this week. I'll update it after our next big jump. Until then...

Yeah, I don't think we're quite trickling yet. I hope we have some more movement this week. I'll update it after our next big jump. Until then...![]()
So was movement completely over by the first week of July both years? That would actually be great so I don't drag my feet doing secondaries in July if I know I'm not going to be getting in.
So was movement completely over by the first week of July both years? That would actually be great so I don't drag my feet doing secondaries in July if I know I'm not going to be getting in.
At least on SDN it was, but of course there could be others who got off later.
Made this graph. (Yes, I am crazy.) It shows WL movement for the past 2 years and the start of this year as reported by people on SDN.
EDIT: Added legend.
Thank you for this! So we are not even half way through the waitlist process 😀.
Good luck to all WLers
Made this graph. (Yes, I am crazy.) It shows WL movement for the past 2 years and the start of this year as reported by people on SDN.
EDIT: Added legend.
What an awesome graph. Super helpful and a bright little ray of sunshine into my Monday morning. You're a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks
For incoming SLU med students:
If anyone is looking for housing for the upcoming academic year, my landlady has several houses located off Hampton Ave. south of I-44, about a 10-15 minute drive to SLU med center, and she rents out the bedrooms to SLU med students for $525 a month (including utilities and all other expenses). So you get your own private bedroom in a fully furnished house (including items like silverware, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc.), with a shared kitchen, living, and dining area, washer & dryer, free wireless internet, monthly cleaning, and complementary test-night meals for $525 (individuals' dietary restrictions are accommodated). These homes are located in residential areas that I've found to be safe and quiet.
I have been living in my current location for the last 2 years, as have my two roommates who are also SLU med students, and I personally feel that this is one of the best student-housing arrangements available. There are also several graduating 4th-years who've stayed at her properties for the majority/entirety of med school. If you are interested, please PM me and I will give you her contact information. I can also refer you to other students who've stayed at her properties if you'd like their feedback.
Thanks
If anyone is looking for housing for the upcoming academic year, my landlady has several houses located off Hampton Ave. south of I-44, about a 10-15 minute drive to SLU med center, and she rents out the bedrooms to SLU med students for $525 a month (including utilities and all other expenses). So you get your own private bedroom in a fully furnished house (including items like silverware, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc.), with a shared kitchen, living, and dining area, washer & dryer, free wireless internet, monthly cleaning, and complementary test-night meals for $525 (individuals' dietary restrictions are accommodated). These homes are located in residential areas that I've found to be safe and quiet.
I have been living in my current location for the last 2 years, as have my two roommates who are also SLU med students, and I personally feel that this is one of the best student-housing arrangements available. There are also several graduating 4th-years who've stayed at her properties for the majority/entirety of med school. If you are interested, please PM me and I will give you her contact information. I can also refer you to other students who've stayed at her properties if you'd like their feedback.
Thanks
For those on the waitlist, just wanted to let you know at least one person got accepted yesterday, so the list is moving. Hang tight! 

I just withdrew my acceptance a couple minutes ago so there should be movement soon. Good luck to everyone!!
If you don't mind telling us, are you IS or OOS?
Sure, I am OOS (california).If you don't mind telling us, are you IS or OOS?
I got accepted, but I'm already set up to go to Jefferson Medical College (signed the apartment lease and everything), so I'm not matriculating.
So there is at least one spot left.
Thanks for helping us keep the faith! Did you just get accepted today?
Thanks for helping us keep the faith! Did you just get accepted today?
Yeah; I got a call at 9AM central time. I'm technically out of state (Delaware), but I went to college in st. louis (Washington University), so I don't know how SLU ranked me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. Just curious if anyone knew if SLU will let you know your relative position on the list after the application cycle is over. Just to sort of gauge where you were for next year.
Good question, but I highly doubt it. You could call and ask (and report back 🙂), they are extremely nice on the phone, which amazes me given that they probably answer the same exact questions 87 times a day.

- Status
- Not open for further replies.