2023-2024 Saint Louis University

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how often people get off the AL? would a LOI help? This was my only II and I don't know what to do. I don't really have any updates to send them.
 
Does anyone know how often people get off the AL? would a LOI help? This was my only II and I don't know what to do. I don't really have any updates to send them.
Hey! I'm also on the AL. It seems like people get off SLU's AL more than the average waitlist, but I might be wrong. I personally sent an LOI as it doesn't hurt. I believe they do welcome continued interest, but people have also been accepted off the AL in this thread without doing so!
 
Did any other admitted students get a SLU SOM beanie and a cute letter sent to them? What a nice touch from admissions, love it!!
Has anyone else received this since? Or do you guys think it was just a holiday thing?

I recently switched my address on AMCAS and wanna make sure it wasn't sent to my old address.
 
Any accepted students attending the SLU second look day? What are you planning on wearing? Is the dress code for these second look days in general business professional?
 
Has anyone started applying for the SLU scholarships? You have to complete the general application first, correct? And for the extra-curricular section, did you list out your activities or have everything in one big paragraph?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many of each of the big scholarships they offer per year? For example, how many students get the Cura Personalis, Magis, or Fleur De Lis scholarships per class... Lots of essay writing for these.
 
Does anyone have any information/exprience regarding how SLU treats applicants from St. Louis? I am applying the upcoming cycle.
 
Does anyone have any information/exprience regarding how SLU treats applicants from St. Louis? I am applying the upcoming cycle.
I think they have a slight preference (nothing to back this up, just my experience) to ppl who have spent time in STL, like SLU/WashU undergrads, or STL born-and-raised. I'm a WashU undergrad and got in--it def helped with my application because I could speak very specifically to the STL patient population. Also I know they have the direct admit med scholar program from SLU undergrad to med school, so a large part of their class are SLU student in that program. I think it just helps if you're personally familiar with the area and have a connection to it. It also protects their retention rate--so there's a higher chance that people from that area will end up actually going to SLU, and not declining their acceptance offer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they have a slight preference (nothing to back this up, just my experience) to ppl who have spent time in STL, like SLU/WashU undergrads, or STL born-and-raised. I'm a WashU undergrad and got in--it def helped with my application because I could speak very specifically to the STL patient population. Also I know they have the direct admit med scholar program from SLU undergrad to med school, so a large part of their class are SLU student in that program. I think it just helps if you're personally familiar with the area and have a connection to it. It also protects their retention rate--so there's a higher chance that people from that area will end up actually going to SLU, and not declining their acceptance offer.
Thank you! I am StL born and raised but went to college in Wisconsin (go Badgers), it looks like we might have been the reverse of each other.
 
Question for accepted students: In regards to the General Application for the SLU Scholarships, was anyone able to list more than 4 jobs under the "Employment Information" section?