You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Saint Louis University
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
happycamper220
New Member
Just got my email today! Should be coming soon, congrats!Received a scholarship call this afternoon, when is the email typically sent out? Wondering if I should contact the finaid office or if they'll reach out
diamond82q
Full Member
Congrats to you too! I got it this morning as wellJust got my email today! Should be coming soon, congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received OOS A off of WL this morning. Will be declining
OOS A off the waitlist!!! so happy
bluedevil40
New Member
+1 OOS A off the WL !!
catlover2000!
Full Member
Congrats to those who got off the waitlist! When did you interview?
Congrats to those who got off the waitlist! When did you interview?
1/9
mensinfirmaincorporesano!
New Member
+1 OOS Acceptance into MD program on 5/2 (I: December, W: January), sent continued interest letter! Will be withdrawing so someone else can have the spot!
catlover2000!
Full Member
Would sending a letter of interest at this point if I’m waitlisted be a good idea? I don’t have any significant updates so I’m not sure if it will do me any good.
the group chat is still only at 107 people. i assume there are some spots available but i could be wrong. if you really want to go to SLU, a letter as to why you do can’t hurt you.Would sending a letter of interest at this point if I’m waitlisted be a good idea? I don’t have any significant updates so I’m not sure if it will do me any good.
catlover2000!
Full Member
Thank you for the advice! 🙂the group chat is still only at 107 people. i assume there are some spots available but i could be wrong. if you really want to go to SLU, a letter as to why you do can’t hurt you.
Thank you for the advice! 🙂
I will say there are around 180 in the Facebook group, but waitlist movement happens all through May and June. If you want to go, sending a letter would show that you’re still thinking of them, in my opinion!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for adding that, i haven’t been on the fb group yet.I will say there are around 180 in the Facebook group, but waitlist movement happens all through May and June. If you want to go, sending a letter would show that you’re still thinking of them, in my opinion!
nosleeep247
Full Member
Just got an email for a half-tuition scholarship. So, whoever gave theirs up.... ty<333333
I like to drop by here every year to say I got off the waitlist at the last second (June 30th, four years ago). Can't see any harm in sending letters of interest, i'd imagine at this point they just want to fill the class.
TBEBall'n23
Full Member
I'm a bit late to the party but I too got off the WL on May 1st and declined my acceptance. Good luck all!
+1, OOS LM 73, interviewed 11/27, sent 2 letters of interest/update lettersA email off the waitlist today! OOS LM 69. Hang in there guys!
Hi sorry what does OOS LM 73 mean? Thank you!+1, OOS LM 73, interviewed 11/27, sent 2 letters of interest/update letters
You rock! Thanks for the hope!I like to drop by here every year to say I got off the waitlist at the last second (June 30th, four years ago). Can't see any harm in sending letters of interest, i'd imagine at this point they just want to fill the class.
out of state and LizzyM score. lizzy m score is a way to gauge the relative strength of your applicationHi sorry what does OOS LM 73 mean? Thank you!
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had a DO acceptance and is on the SLUSOM WL. Any tips on navigating this? How late can we decide to go or not go? I interviewed relatively early, I am an STL native and first gen college graduate, but had a very weak interview. I would appreciate any advice (or thought process if you are in the same shoes)!
Commit to enroll deadline for SLU is 6/24, so theoretically somewhere around then is the latest you could know. Per last year's thread, they started sending rejection letters late May, and the last reported acceptance was a few days before the commit to enroll deadline. If you haven't sent a letter of intent or you have significant updates since previous submission, that's what I would do. If you can, I would recommend highlighting your connection to the St. Louis community. Good luck!
cribbage15
Full Member
OOS A off of WL yesterday!
mango123tango
Full Member
any movement this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025 cycle applicant here. Does SLU give out IIs before receiving PREview results? Admin said yes they do but the app won’t be complete until the score is in. This is the only PREview school I’m dead set on applying to, so I was thinking I could see if I get an II by 8/31 and if I do take the last preview date for the cycle- 9/12. Curious to hear thoughts on this.
I would just take PREview. It’s annoying but it takes like zero effort and there’s really no utility in delaying things2025 cycle applicant here. Does SLU give out IIs before receiving PREview results? Admin said yes they do but the app won’t be complete until the score is in. This is the only PREview school I’m dead set on applying to, so I was thinking I could see if I get an II by 8/31 and if I do take the last preview date for the cycle- 9/12. Curious to hear thoughts on this.
I got an II before PREview and even after I got my score (wasn’t the best), I don’t think it impacted my timeline for II or decision at all2025 cycle applicant here. Does SLU give out IIs before receiving PREview results? Admin said yes they do but the app won’t be complete until the score is in. This is the only PREview school I’m dead set on applying to, so I was thinking I could see if I get an II by 8/31 and if I do take the last preview date for the cycle- 9/12. Curious to hear thoughts on this.
Perfect. I was just trying to save the $100 since this is the only school on my list with it.I got an II before PREview and even after I got my score (wasn’t the best), I don’t think it impacted my timeline for II or decision at all
I was trying to save money if I don't get in to SLUI would just take PREview. It’s annoying but it takes like zero effort and there’s really no utility in delaying things
You should still 100% take it if it’s required. Or do not apply to SLU if you’re not crazy dead set about the program.Perfect. I was just trying to save the $100 since this is the only school on my list with it.
Yeah but I can at least take it at the last date if this is the case
You should still 100% take it if it’s required. Or do not apply to SLU if you’re not crazy dead set about the program.
Super late response, but thank you so much! I haven't been rejected yet so fingers crossed! That's great advice- I'll probably send one more update later soon (I've already sent two in). Thank you again, I hope you've gotten in somewhere!!Commit to enroll deadline for SLU is 6/24, so theoretically somewhere around then is the latest you could know. Per last year's thread, they started sending rejection letters late May, and the last reported acceptance was a few days before the commit to enroll deadline. If you haven't sent a letter of intent or you have significant updates since previous submission, that's what I would do. If you can, I would recommend highlighting your connection to the St. Louis community. Good luck!
Sunday, July 28thDoes anyone know the date for white coat ceremony?
Anyone else still on the WL? The CTE was last Monday, so realistically is WL movement really going to happen? I'm grateful to still be on the WL but the silence is making me go bonkers.
chronicallyonline
Full Member
Rejected formally today from WL.
Any students that currently go to SLU, could you please DM me? I am a student and the new medical school here PHSU and looking to collaborate on a few things!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 943
- Views
- 367K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 309K