2010-2011 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waitlisted
1. Alejandro87 3.96, 30 IS.
2. Quiznos Oven 3.69, 31 OOS

Accepted off waitlist

Accepted
1. penn doc 3.69, 29R, IS
2. versus 3.65, 30R, IS
3. pocketpocket 3.51, 33 IS
4. ForHisGlory 3.52, 34 IS
5. speedyj 3.50 (Ivy), 30P, OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Sending in my deposit today. Is it due two weeks after the email or hard letter copy? It'll get there in time, but I don't recall if it was ever specified.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think 2 weeks after the hard copy

Last edited:
I just got an interview for April, which seems insane. Does anyone know if they hols any spots till the end...or is this just a waitlist interview

I got an interview for April too! When is yours?! I'm April 1. *Edit: Sorry, looks like you already interviewed. Hope it went well; Can I PM you for details? Not to sound weird or anything, but I think we were the same group at Hofstra; Woulda been cool to be same group at Commonwealth. Good luck with your apps! :)

From what I understand, there's a lot of waitlist movement. I still feel like you're interviewing for a spot, though.

Great news penndoc! Super excited!

There was another post about available interview dates. I could only schedule one of two dates: April 1 and April 4 (both A and B sessions). Best of luck to all! Cheers!

Last edited:
Waitlisted
1. Alejandro87 3.96, 30 IS
3. Fabio001 3.70, 30 OOS

Accepted off waitlist

Accepted
1. penn doc 3.69, 29R, IS
2. versus 3.65, 30R, IS

So, I was thinking... if we continue to do this list thing of waitlisted vs. accepted, I was wondering if the accepted students would additionally post if they intend to accept their spot or withdraw from it. That would make us schwaitlisted people feel a bit better :)

Waitlisted
1. Alejandro87 3.96, 30 IS
3. Fabio001 3.70, 30 OOS

Accepted off waitlist

Accepted
1. penn doc 3.69, 29R, IS (withdrew 3/7)
2. versus 3.65, 30R, IS

Hey! I'm on two waitlists and waiting on seven schools to get back to me post-interview. I will likely choose one of the other schools should I get an acceptance. That will open up a spot. :)

anyone know when the committee is supposed to meet again? i interviewed 2/25 and was sent to committee for final review on 3/1.

good luck everyone!

Hey! I'm on two waitlists and waiting on seven schools to get back to me post-interview. I will likely choose one of the other schools should I get an acceptance. That will open up a spot. :)

anyone know when the committee is supposed to meet again? i interviewed 2/25 and was sent to committee for final review on 3/1.

good luck everyone!

They meet every Tuesday and release decisions on either Wednesday or Thursday. It'll be about 3-4 weeks post-interview... good luck!!

My App has been sitting with the admissions committee since 2/9 and still no decision. Sweet.

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlistttttt

lame

rtm903 I interviewed the same day as you and there's no decision yet made. Do they not release decisions at the same time for everyone? :confused:

rtm903 I interviewed the same day as you and there's no decision yet made. Do they not release decisions at the same time for everyone? :confused:

I'm guessing not... I also interviewed on 2/25 and haven't gotten a decision yet

I'm guessing not... I also interviewed on 2/25 and haven't gotten a decision yet

you guys probably got in. if you look earlier in the thread, they released waitlist decisions the day before acceptances.

oh and for anyone that cares.

gpa - 3.2ish
mcat 32ish (changed for anonymity)

you guys probably got in. if you look earlier in the thread, they released waitlist decisions the day before acceptances.

oh and for anyone that cares.

gpa - 3.2ish
mcat 32ish (changed for anonymity)

I don't know if that's necessarily true.

For those of you who interviewed 2/25, did anyone else get a status change yet?

Anyone who interviewed Feb 18th heard back yet???

For those of you still waiting for status updates, I remember talking with some of the people from the admissions office at my interview day and they informed me that approximately 4,500 people applied this year (~4 times more than last year). I just think that they're extremely overwhelmed and probably didn't prepare to have this many people apply this year. Thus, all we can do is wait! Life will work itself out (even for those of us on the Alternate List :))

I don't know if that's necessarily true.

For those of you who interviewed 2/25, did anyone else get a status change yet?

Nope. I had the afternoon interview.

Are you guys sending in a letter of interest? I decided not to because they told us we would hear back pretty soon but idk if i should....

Nope. I had the afternoon interview.

Are you guys sending in a letter of interest? I decided not to because they told us we would hear back pretty soon but idk if i should....

Well, it couldn't hurt to send one but I'm not going to. I don't think it's going to have any influence on their initial decisions for us. If I'm waitlisted I may send one just for the halibut.

Well, being the obsessive applicant that I am, I called the admissions office asking when we might be hearing back. She said that they've been holding off on making decisions but that (at least for my 2/25 interview group) we "should" hear back either over the next couple of days or next week. She made it seem (and I may be wrong) like the committee has reviewed our applications to some extent, even though not everyone has been given a decision.

I hate waiting though. Ha ha. I loved this school and I'll be really upset if I don't end up going here.

I will be giving up my spot here very soon. I know how stressful it is to be on a waitlist at a school you really love. Good luck all!

Well, being the obsessive applicant that I am, I called the admissions office asking when we might be hearing back. She said that they've been holding off on making decisions but that (at least for my 2/25 interview group) we "should" hear back either over the next couple of days or next week. She made it seem (and I may be wrong) like the committee has reviewed our applications to some extent, even though not everyone has been given a decision.

I hate waiting though. Ha ha. I loved this school and I'll be really upset if I don't end up going here.

I really liked it too. I hope if I can make the second look day that we can see some of the new buildings.

good to know! thanks for sharing the info, i'm in the same boat as you!

I've been trying to reach the FinAid office for awhile to get an estimate of when we can expect details about loans, grants, and such from TCMC but have been unsuccessful.

Has anyone else inquired, successfully?

:)

I've been trying to reach the FinAid office for awhile to get an estimate of when we can expect details about loans, grants, and such from TCMC but have been unsuccessful.

Has anyone else inquired, successfully?

:)

They told me that I would get it in a few weeks with my ID number and such. That was a week or so ago.

is there anyone else from january interview date still waiting?? thanks

is there anyone else from january interview date still waiting?? thanks

I interviewed in January and I heard back a few weeks ago. Might want to call them if you haven't heard back by now?

is it true/confirmed that tcmc is increasing its class size to 100 students this year?

is it true/confirmed that tcmc is increasing its class size to 100 students this year?

That's what they said at the interview. Between 100 and 110 from what I remember but they wanted to stay near 100.

"By March 30 of the matriculation year, March 15 for MD-PhD programs, each school or program have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services."
https://www.aamc.org/students/applyi...nofficers.html

so i'm guessing this means all acceptances have been given out by now...

"By March 30 of the matriculation year, March 15 for MD-PhD programs, each school or program have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services."
https://www.aamc.org/students/applyi...nofficers.html

so i'm guessing this means all acceptances have been given out by now...

By no means. That rule only stipulates that each school offers the minimum amount of acceptances required to fill the class. Most schools ultimately offer more than twice the amount of seats they can actually fill. Acceptances are still going out, I'm sure.

already did...

Abyz don't give up hope! Remember they said "No news is good news" so they are definitely still considering you as a possible matriculant if you haven't heard back after 2 months.

already did...

Wow abyz, sorry to hear that you've been waiting so long...I interviewed 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet either. Still hoping, though. Good luck!

Abyz don't give up hope! Remember they said "No news is good news" so they are definitely still considering you as a possible matriculant if you haven't heard back after 2 months.

I hope so...thanks

Abyz - I interviewed on 2/4 and haven't heard back yet either - almost 8 weeks. I am sitting on 3 waitlists and would really love an acceptance. Come on TCMC.

Congratulations! I can't make the medical second look day, but I may be coming on the MBS second look day.

Thank you! When is the MBS second look day? They didn't put that anywhere in the acceptance packet and I haven't gotten an email about it either

Has anybody else that interviewed February 18th heard back yet?

Abyz - I interviewed on 2/4 and haven't heard back yet either - almost 8 weeks. I am sitting on 3 waitlists and would really love an acceptance. Come on TCMC.

are you OOS too? maybe OOS applications take longer

I am also waiting on a reply from the 18th, OOS. I'm just going to stick with the no news is good news philosophy and wait it out. They did say they have been viewing what students are holding multiple spots in other schools - so maybe they're waiting on some of those individuals before they make decisions.

2/25 interview, IS, still waiting as well (although not as long as many of you). Does anyone know if 4/1 was the last interview date? Because if so they might start making decisions for the applicants "on hold" as early as next week. Besides the MBS acceptance (and congrats Alejandro87!) have there been any MD acceptances lately?

Thank you! When is the MBS second look day? They didn't put that anywhere in the acceptance packet and I haven't gotten an email about it either

I believe May 6th. I have it written down at home but I'm not currently there. I'll post again with the date when I get home. They told me they'd get the medical information for me that day but I could come to the MBS program.

maybe this will be the week....come on TCMC

Lets hope so! And for some good news...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.