2010-2011 University of Alabama Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all. I'm hearing that Dr. Smith is out of the office this week, but I'm sure that any waitlist acceptances will still trickle on through.

Has anyone gotten their app feedback yet? Email or in person?

With less than 3 weeks before orientation - how many of you have imagined getting the call on orientation day? According to other threads, it does happen with some frequency. Could you manage it? Would you accept it?

Members don't see this ad.

A very close friend of mine was accepted from the middle tier on June 28th. Got her to show me the email so I could report the right date. It looks like she may be leaning towards South though but she will be deciding soon because she now holds multiple acceptances. Just wanted to let you guys know. I'll keep you updated as I find out where she chooses.

A very close friend of mine was accepted from the middle tier on June 28th. Got her to show me the email so I could report the right date. It looks like she may be leaning towards South though but she will be deciding soon because she now holds multiple acceptances. Just wanted to let you guys know. I'll keep you updated as I find out where she chooses.

Thanks for letting us know. It's nice to hear something is actually going on.

Members don't see this ad :)

Please encourage her to choose South.

She withdrew her acceptance from UAB today. Looks like she is going to go with South. Seems like the best decision for her since it is closer to her family.

If you don't mind sharing, could those of you who are holding an acceptance to South post and let us know?

It might help us get a feel for how much more movement we can expect. Thanks!

I haven't requested feedback yet but have been considering it. Anyone else?

As for gaining acceptance the week before/day-of I would be happy to accept but hope they give us a little more time to get things situated and accept us next week!

Anyone else know someone in elmo's friend's situation?

Congrats fire89!

WillCall - Are you also accepted at South or on their waitlist?

Accepted:
Gnocchi Monster's friend (Accepted: 4/7, 1st tier)
BamaMed19's friend (4/13, 1st tier)
RTR10 (4/15, 1st tier)
aeea's friend (4/15, 1st tier)
virginiagirl (A: 4/15, 1st tier)
alienshards' friend (4/20, 1st tier)
premed3753 (5/20, 1st tier)
alienshards (5/20, 1st tier)
aeea (5/20, 1st)
Ditto1114 (5/20, 1st)
AUpremed22 (5/20, 1st)
HP9965 (5/20, 1st)
pikpik55 (5/20, 1st)
alienshards' friend (5/20, 1st)
piper19 (5/20, 1st)
bulldog11 (5/20, 1st)
NeverDefeated (5/20, 1st)
spate36 (5/20, 1st)
Bambalam (5/20, 1st)
Pluto or Astro (5/20, 1st)
AUGuy's friend (5/26, ?tier)
rrroddy's friend (5/27, 2nd tier)
rrroddy (6/20, 2nd)
minhaj's friend (6/20, 2nd)
Gnocchi Monster (6/21, 2nd)
elmo42's friend (6/28, 2nd, withdrew)
fire89 (7/6, 2nd)
Blazer1234 (7/7, 2nd, deferred)

Middle Tier:
AUGuy (CBC email)
Remedy27 (CBC email)
WillCall (CBC email)
buckmaster11 (CBC email)
elmo42 (CBC email)
Putters (CBC requested/South)
ruraldoc7
Dapado33

Bottom Tier:
YH5
BamaMed19
OdoyleRulez
jmb222
Spibumosa
bur2334
nossan

Last edited:
Hope everyone is doing well. I've been watching this thread for a while now and would like to thank everyone for their posts. I just wanted to say that I was accepted last week but have great news for everyone still waiting. Don't give up hope! I have decided to defer my acceptance until next year, which will open up another spot. :thumbup: I will be signing my official letters of acceptance and deferral as soon as they arrive and will send them back for processing I hope one of you gets my spot! I'm relieved to have been accepted and am excited about starting next year. I empathize with everyone here and feel your frustration and anxiety. This has been a terribly long, stressful process. Best of luck to you all!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope everyone is doing well. I've been watching this thread for a while now and would like to thank everyone for their posts. I just wanted to say that I was accepted last week but have great news for everyone still waiting. Don't give up hope! I have decided to defer my acceptance until next year, which will open up another spot. :thumbup: I will be signing my official letters of acceptance and deferral as soon as they arrive and will send them back for processing I hope one of you gets my spot! I'm relieved to have been accepted and am excited about starting next year. I empathize with everyone here and feel your frustration and anxiety. This has been a terribly long, stressful process. Best of luck to you all!:luck:

Congrats and thank you for letting us know. Will you let us know when you send your papers back in? That can give us a bit of an idea of when to hopefully expect an acceptance.

Hey guys, congrats on getting through the cycle and good luck for anyone on the waitlist or reapplying. I was wondering if anyone knows of the stats for anyone receiving a scholarship? I noticed that the website lists a lot of scholarships, but did anyone you know receive one?

Congrats and thank you for letting us know. Will you let us know when you send your papers back in? That can give us a bit of an idea of when to hopefully expect an acceptance.

Will do! I will most likely send them out tomorrow or Saturday, so they should have them early next week. I will keep you all updated.

Congratulations Blazer1234! Just out of curiosity, was it difficult to get your deferral at this point? How are you spending the year?

Elmo42 - Congratulations on your acceptance at South! With a little movement coming up at UAB, are you tempted to wait it out?

Congratulations Blazer1234! Just out of curiosity, was it difficult to get your deferral at this point? How are you spending the year?

Elmo42 - Congratulations on your acceptance at South! With a little movement coming up at UAB, are you tempted to wait it out?

Thanks nossan! No, I don't believe it was difficult. I requested a deferral and was grated one immediately. I will be finishing a graduate degree, doing research, and teaching.

Blazer, you're going to have a great year!..It sounds like you'll be doing things you like, knowing all the time that you're already accepted! Enjoy!

Congrats Dapado33!

I wonder if you may be the last one accepted this year. Has anyone else heard back yet?!

I was accepted this morning as well.

Yay!! Congrats!! I hope they don't require you to finish the entire matriculation checklist by next monday. I just finished the BLS training and it's quite time consuming.

Yay!! Congrats!! I hope they don't require you to finish the entire matriculation checklist by next monday. I just finished the BLS training and it's quite time consuming.

When you registered for BLS what did you put in the Professional Category: *Specialty: * Organization: *

Are u guys accepted at south as well? If so do u plan to withdraw?

When you registered for BLS what did you put in the Professional Category: *Specialty: * Organization: *

I didn't know what to choose either so since they didn't have "student" I choose Physician as my professional category, Other as my specialty, and UAB as my organization.

Accepted:
Gnocchi Monster's friend (Accepted: 4/7, 1st tier)
BamaMed19's friend (4/13, 1st tier)
RTR10 (4/15, 1st tier)
aeea's friend (4/15, 1st tier)
virginiagirl (A: 4/15, 1st tier)
alienshards' friend (4/20, 1st tier)
premed3753 (5/20, 1st tier)
alienshards (5/20, 1st tier)
aeea (5/20, 1st)
Ditto1114 (5/20, 1st)
AUpremed22 (5/20, 1st)
HP9965 (5/20, 1st)
pikpik55 (5/20, 1st)
alienshards' friend (5/20, 1st)
piper19 (5/20, 1st)
bulldog11 (5/20, 1st)
NeverDefeated (5/20, 1st)
spate36 (5/20, 1st)
Bambalam (5/20, 1st)
Pluto or Astro (5/20, 1st)
AUGuy's friend (5/26, ?tier)
rrroddy's friend (5/27, 2nd tier)
rrroddy (6/20, 2nd)
minhaj's friend (6/20, 2nd)
Gnocchi Monster (6/21, 2nd)
elmo42's friend (6/28, 2nd, withdrew)
fire89 (7/6, 2nd)
Blazer1234 (7/7, 2nd, deferred)
Dapado33 (7/18, 2nd)
Remedy27 (7/18, 2nd)

Middle Tier:
AUGuy (CBC email)
WillCall (CBC email)
buckmaster11 (CBC email)
elmo42 (CBC email)
Putters (CBC requested/South)
ruraldoc7

Bottom Tier:
YH5
BamaMed19
OdoyleRulez
jmb222
Spibumosa
bur2334
nossan

CONGRATS Dapado33 and Remedy27 !!!!

I was accepted today! I withdrew my application to South Alabama. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Congratulations Dapado33, Remedy27 and AUGuy! What a surprising few days and different kind of year. I wonder what the deal is?

For those interested...

"This year 2534 students applied, 372 were interviewed and 267 acceptances were offered to fill the 176 positions. Of the 132 students placed on the alternate list, 69 were offered a position at UASOM and 26 of the remaining alternates were accepted elsewhere."

For those interested...

"This year 2534 students applied, 372 were interviewed and 267 acceptances were offered to fill the 176 positions. Of the 132 students placed on the alternate list, 69 were offered a position at UASOM and 26 of the remaining alternates were accepted elsewhere."

That's a huge list. No wonder it moved slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.