2011-2012 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get any new emails from GWU admissions after they turned in the WL online application thing? and what do you mean when you said adcoms said " " well review files and make offers as they become available"..?" --- is that a direct quote from an email that they sent out? i didnt get any emails from admissions recently.... When I search the WL emails i got from GWU with that phrase, i don't get results.... Getting anxious here....

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get any new emails from GWU admissions after they turned in the WL online application thing? and what do you mean when you said adcoms said " " well review files and make offers as they become available"..?" --- is that a direct quote from an email that they sent out? i didnt get any emails from admissions recently.... When I search the WL emails i got from GWU with that phrase, i don't get results.... Getting anxious here....

Don't be anxious, i can only speak for myself but I have gotten no further emails, i've gotten that response whenever I inquired anything about the WL either via email or phone.

Can anyone who went to GW / visited comment on HOVA? How is the new kitchen? Is it really as bad as the online reviews make it seem or are they exaggerating?

Members don't see this ad :)
!!!! Was just extended an interview invitation last week!! I'll be interviewing Friday the 4th. I sent my continued interest letter about a month or two ago. Super excited to be interviewing here! If anyone has any helpful advice feel free to drop a line. Also, I'm going down on the 3rd, so if anyone is in the same boat as me, I'd love to meet you guys and grab dinner or something. Just let me know.

Good luck everyone.

!!!! Was just extended an interview invitation last week!! I'll be interviewing Friday the 4th. I sent my continued interest letter about a month or two ago. Super excited to be interviewing here! If anyone has any helpful advice feel free to drop a line. Also, I'm going down on the 3rd, so if anyone is in the same boat as me, I'd love to meet you guys and grab dinner or something. Just let me know.

Good luck everyone.

Wow. I didn't know you could interview this late.

Good luck everyone.
Congrats! This makes me hopeful for lots of waitlist movement if they're still extending II, good luck!

It was a tough decision, but I just withdrew my acceptance offer today. Best of luck to all of you :)

Did anyone get an email about being an applicant of "extreme merit" and a "good chance of being contacted next week"?

Thanks! I don't want to get my hopes up, though. Hopefully they contact everyone soon :)

I did too, but I don't know how many people they send that email to. I don't wanna get my hopes up either, but I feel so excited inside haha. Does anyone know how many people they send that to on the waitlist?

I did too, but I don't know how many people they send that email to. I don't wanna get my hopes up either, but I feel so excited inside haha. Does anyone know how many people they send that to on the waitlist?
you guys should probably be excited haha, i'm on the WL and did not get that, so it definitely didn't go to everyone. have you guys sent in a lot of updates/etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent about 3 update letters and 1 letter of intent...

Interesting, they didn't do this the last couple of years. Didn't get one here, on the waitlist as well

Mind pasting the body of the e-mail if possible?

Last edited:
I didn't get that email either..........and i am on the waitlist. Can someone please post the email they got?

Dear Chemdude,

At this time the GW Committee on Admissions is reviewing alternate files for seats in the fall entering class. They have identified your file as being of extreme merit and there is a good chance that you could be contacted as early as this week regarding an available seat in our class.

At this time, the committee requests that you:

*Take the first steps for the financial aid process. For those seeking federal loans, this includes submitting the FAFSA (GW's Code: E00197). Also be prepared to provide a copy of your completed, signed and dated 2011 Federal tax return including ALL schedules and W-2’s.
For those also seeking institutional aid along with Federal loans, please also be sure to include complete parental income and asset information (from BOTH natural parents) on the FAFSA and be prepared to provide a copy of the completed, signed and dated 2011 Federal Tax Return (including ALL schedules and W-2s) from BOTH natural parents.

*Provide, via a reply to this email a simple statement of your continued interest and provide your preferred contact telephone number(s). Please also be sure to include any questions you may have for us in this email.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dear Chemdude,

At this time the GW Committee on Admissions is reviewing alternate files for seats in the fall entering class. They have identified your file as being of extreme merit and there is a good chance that you could be contacted as early as this week regarding an available seat in our class.

At this time, the committee requests that you:

*Take the first steps for the financial aid process. For those seeking federal loans, this includes submitting the FAFSA (GW's Code: E00197). Also be prepared to provide a copy of your completed, signed and dated 2011 Federal tax return including ALL schedules and W-2’s.
For those also seeking institutional aid along with Federal loans, please also be sure to include complete parental income and asset information (from BOTH natural parents) on the FAFSA and be prepared to provide a copy of the completed, signed and dated 2011 Federal Tax Return (including ALL schedules and W-2s) from BOTH natural parents.

*Provide, via a reply to this email a simple statement of your continued interest and provide your preferred contact telephone number(s). Please also be sure to include any questions you may have for us in this email.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

thanks for sharing that info. It looks like they decided to accept you off the waitlist! I didn't get that email. I am wondering how many people actually got this email. I hope not getting this email doesn't mean I am completely out of game. anxiously waiting to hear something. fingers crossed!!

I also did not receive this e-mail and I am anxiously waiting on the waitlist. I hope there are more of these e-mails to come...!

I also did not receive this e-mail and I am anxiously waiting on the waitlist. I hope there are more of these e-mails to come...!
me too! I've sent in a ton of updates/LOIs, now I'm worried I overdid it. ahhh.

i got that same email yesterday. hope we all hear something soon!

This is probably old news to everyone but me, but it just occurred to me that GW made 1.5 million dollars this year on our secondary apps alone. Ho.ley. Crap.

thanks for sharing that info. It looks like they decided to accept you off the waitlist! I didn't get that email. I am wondering how many people actually got this email. I hope not getting this email doesn't mean I am completely out of game. anxiously waiting to hear something. fingers crossed!!

I got this email just now!!!!!! oh my gosh!!

I got this email just now!!!!!! oh my gosh!!

ohmygod stop. I'm dying over here. just kidding congratulations! but really, SDN sucks sometimes.. I feel like the last kid picked in dodgeball.

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT-LIST!!! VIA PHONE CALL!!! received that email yesterday! i can't believe it!!!

Thanks, my first acceptance! Wait-listed at four school, second time applying never thought it would happen!

so the facebook group went up by three people since yesterday...

so the facebook group went up by three people since yesterday...
its gonna be a long summer for you if you keep doing that. i'm in the same position as you, i understand, but you dont want to keep torturing yourself like that!

haha I dont check it as often as that makes it seem, and yes I agree, that would make it unbearable

Accepted! I am still in disbelief. For all of those in despair...don't lose hope! This is my second application cycle. I only interviewed (once) at GW during both application cycles. I was crushed after I was waitlisted because it was my only chance. I didn't want to apply a third time. So after investing $10k in medical school applications, I got 1 interview, 1 waitlist and..1 acceptance! Don't lose hope!

Congratulations to all of those who have been recently accepted!!! That is fantastic news!!! Just wanted to ask - did you all receive the "will likely contact you in the next week" email?

Thanks so much for the feedback.

interviewed 10/25; waitlisted dec; got the "extreme merit" email yesterday; got the call today at 12:02. OOS
Good Luck everyone!

Unreal! Just got accepted via phone call as well around 2:30pm! Didn't get the 'merit' e-mail and was very disappointed about that, but looks like things still worked out! Congratulations to everyone and good luck to all!

congrats to everyone who got accepted today! sounds like you all had a long road to get here and deserve it!

Congrats! You all deserve this. The wait was unbearably long, but the good news finally came. Thank you for sharing your stories, especially those who've applied multiple cycles. Crossing fingers for good news as well :)

Thanks everyone! I was a re-applicant as well and didn't even get an interview last time to GW. I got the merit e-mail Tuesday and call from admissions yesterday at 2:00ish!

Has anyone received email after you guys got the phone calls about your acceptance?

I got the email yesterday, but I'm still waiting for a phone call. I'm not complaining by any stretch, but today has quite possibly been the longest day of my life.

I got the email yesterday, but I'm still waiting for a phone call. I'm not complaining by any stretch, but today has quite possibly been the longest day of my life.

seriously.. I am checking my cell phone every 30 seconds. I specifically told them that my cellphone reception is very poor at my work. still i keep looking at my phone for that call. I guess it is too late to hear anything today. let's hope that we will hear something good sometime soon. :xf:

Just released my acceptance. Hopefully someone hears back soon... Good luck everyone. Its been real.

lol I think your chance of getting an acceptance call is close to 100%. The admissions committee probably sent that email to see if you were still interested in the school. Why else would they ask you to make sure you complete your FAFSA app and write a "simple statement" about your interest in GW?

for all those alternate-lister reapplicants who got accepted this week, would you mind posting your mcat? I'm at a loss for if I should retake for next year's app cycle, if you don't want to post it on here, PM me. also did you retake between last year and this?

I'm a little delayed in posting, but I'm also accepted! Received the call on Thursday! :) Super excited to meet you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.