2011-2012 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No prompt

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First post :hello:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WNCmX3-Ym0[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 for applying, could definitely see myself at this school.

Applying here as well :) good luck!

Does Touro have anything to do with admissions now that they bought this school?

Yay NYMC! Goodluck everyone--let's all hope that we find a great school to call home for the next four years! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is that surprising and what do you think it means for future students?

It means NYMC has more financial stability with Touro's support. I only see things heading in a positive direction for NYMC.

I wonder how expensive it is to go to NYMC, esp with the living expenses....hm.

good luck on the app cycle. Just finished up MS1 here and happy to answer any questions

good luck on the app cycle. Just finished up MS1 here and happy to answer any questions

I was wondering what you students think of the merger with Touro and how it will effect us in our education/rotations/residencies?

A lot. I don't know the exact stats but probably 2/3 OOS in my class

just trying to subscribe to this thread. sorry for being annoying.

Secondary received this morning. No essays

Do our optional letters of rec have to be from professors? The course name/college/course number fields are all mandatory:confused:

what do I do if I never went to grad school, what do I fill in for the requirement there? Can anyone help?

Joining everyone else who is waiting for this secondary...

if there are no essays, does the secondary just ask for confirmation of coursework?

what do I do if I never went to grad school, what do I fill in for the requirement there? Can anyone help?

Well, for starters, the requirement is only a requirement if you attended grad school.

Thus, if you did not attend grad school, the requirement is not a requirement, and nothing should be entered under the grad school letter requirement.

Joining everyone else who is waiting for this secondary...

if there are no essays, does the secondary just ask for confirmation of coursework?

Asks for familial relations with the school if you have any and also asks you to list the letters you assigned to the school in AMCAS. And of course your credit card number.

Well, for starters, the requirement is only a requirement if you attended grad school.

Thus, if you did not attend grad school, the requirement is not a requirement, and nothing should be entered under the grad school letter requirement.

What if I'll start grad school in the upcoming school year?? I'm doing a one year program which should be over by June of '12?!?!?!

Good luck to everyone applying. If you have any questions about NYMC feel free to shoot me a message

come on NYMC : ). I'd only go here if it was my only acceptance but I still want to be complete

Just received the secondary this morning. One of the easiest secondaries around. No essays. :rolleyes:

What if I'll start grad school in the upcoming school year?? I'm doing a one year program which should be over by June of '12?!?!?!

this is specifically addressed in instructions. i already completed mine and therefore can't access the instructions but it said something like send a letter after the first semester is completed or something.

Edit: found instructions "
If you have just begun a graduate program in Summer/Fall 2011, one (1) letter of evaluation from faculty in your graduate department is required upon completion of your first semester. This requirement also applies if you are enrolled in non-degree granting graduate program."

Last edited:
Still haven't received secondary.. hoping to hear back from NYMC and Drexel soon

What is everything that the secondary asks for in terms of writing?
Connections (alumni/employees) if you have any
LOR Information
Payment Info (if using fee waiver or check, you have to print and mail in the conformation page)

Received and submitted- is anyone seeing their secondary marked as complete on the status site? I'm assuming it takes a couple of days for them to validate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.