2011-2012 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a non-interviewee, and I received the same exact worded email this morning.

But I agree with above poster, that is a pretty unapologetic and terse email for an interviewee - especially those who have waited 3-6 months post-interview!

Why send the same thing to everyone, Davis? Why wouldn't you write a few more paragraphs for those who interviewed and have been waiting hopefully?

Uncharacteristically careless.

Members don't see this ad.

rejected this morning as well. seems like a lot of them went out. good luck to the rest of you! looks like i'll be going somewhere on the east coast!

Also rejected today. I interviewed over 4 months ago. Upon reading their curt email, I died a little inside. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: is there anyone out there who is in post-interview limbo at Davis and DIDN'T get this email?

If so, please speak up! Thanks.

Same rejection for me. Interviewed 12/16/11 and was really hoping for some good news...

Rejected via email today as well. That is not good, as my last IS school USC has not sent me and II. I feel like going up to Davis and.....

Joke.

GOod luck to those still interviewing, and a warm CONGRATULATIoNS to those attending!

Interviewed 12/16... Thought it went pretty well... Rejected today! Wow... seems like a lot of people were rejected.

Something may be up here... Too many ppl got rejected post interview... Let's hope this was a fluke and we are still in the running!

Anyone courageous enough to call them and ask if this is the real deal??? kk

Pre-interview rejection here, same email as everyone else who got rejected post and pre interview, good luck to everyone else who's still in the running!

Interviewed 12/16... Thought it went pretty well... Rejected today! Wow... seems like a lot of people were rejected.

I thought mine went well also. I did have a weird thing with my invite though. I was sent an interview hold notice at the same time as my interview invite. Maybe there are weird bugs in their system.

But mostly I think I am probably delusional and going through denial...now if I can only get through the rest of the stages of grief and move on quickly!

Something may be up here... Too many ppl got rejected post interview... Let's hope this was a fluke and we are still in the running!

Anyone courageous enough to call them and ask if this is the real deal??? kk

seriously! I thinking the same thing but definitely too scared to call haha :p

I emailed about feedback and was told that all emails must go through the portal... Sounds like the rejection was legit... still waiting for feedback though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure this question has been asked before but for those who have interviewed already what was your experience like?

anyone know what % are accepted/waitlisted/rejected post interview?

Don't quote me on this, but a source I have told me that they accept 1-2 per interview session and wait-list 1-2. It's based on the committee score you receive. I'm not sure how accurate this information is though...

Don't quote me on this, but a source I have told me that they accept 1-2 per interview session and wait-list 1-2. It's based on the committee score you receive. I'm not sure how accurate this information is though...

US News says 43% of interviewees are eventually accepted (I'm pretty sure this includes acceptance off the waitlist).

US News says 43% of interviewees are eventually accepted (I'm pretty sure this includes acceptance off the waitlist).
Sure doesn't seem like it with the massive rejection wave that happened yesterday :(

So no massive rejections or acceptances as of today other than yesterday? I interviewed in Jan and no word yet?

If you didn't get rejected with the recent axe, when in January did you interview? Would you share your stats?

Can anyone tell me if the traditional portions of the MMI are open file (EC's, personal statement, secondary, etc)?

Are they still sending interview invites? I noticed their website says they stop sending in January...still haven't heard from them though.

Are they still sending interview invites? I noticed their website says they stop sending in January...still haven't heard from them though.

If you haven't heard anything yet, then it's because you're on their interview waitlist

rejected here too. same email as everyone else. interviewed 9/9. thought it went really well. i guess you never know...

best of luck to those who haven't been put on the chopping block yet.

Accepted 2/9. Interviewed late Jan, shocked by the speed of response. Good luck to everyone else.

Stats: IS, 3.46GPA, 31Mcat, Social Sci Major

Accepted 2/9. Interviewed late Jan, shocked by the speed of response. Good luck to everyone else.

Stats: IS, 3.46GPA, 31Mcat, Social Sci Major

I may get called a dick for this...but URM?

Well I just got my 10th interview invite, none of which are instate (California). Pretty damn annoying that I can't even interview at my state schools. (I only was invited to do secondaries at SD and Davis.) Is Davis even still offering interviews?

I really don't mean to come off as trolling you all.. but I'm a white male in my mid-20s. Tons of ECs (long term/leadership) and a publication. I'll also be finishing a Masters degree in June.

I really don't mean to come off as trolling you all.. but I'm a white male in my mid-20s. Tons of ECs (long term/leadership) and a publication. I'll also be finishing a Masters degree in June.

That's not trolling at all. Just considering you have numbers less than their averages and a late interview, and still got accepted is promising for others and I. Good for you, they were probably really impressed by you.

Well I just got my 10th interview invite, none of which are instate (California). Pretty damn annoying that I can't even interview at my state schools. (I only was invited to do secondaries at SD and Davis.) Is Davis even still offering interviews?

Considering this is the Davis specific thread a more considerate and less dickish post could have just consisted of this.

Are they receptive to letters of interest?

My understanding is they don't want them. I was told this last year on my interview repeatedly and it seems like they echoed the same this year. I have a feeling that it would probably go unread. I don't think they would penalize you though but I really have no clue. I never sent them a LOI so I don't know.

My understanding is they don't want them. I was told this last year on my interview repeatedly and it seems like they echoed the same this year. I have a feeling that it would probably go unread. I don't think they would penalize you though but I really have no clue. I never sent them a LOI so I don't know.

Thanks for the info.

Anyway, when are they planning to send out their last batch of interview invites? (ie., is the season already pretty much over?)

:scared:

Did anyone hear back recently after interview in Jan...or still has not heard back since interviewing a couple months ago?

Did anyone hear back recently after interview in Jan...or still has not heard back since interviewing a couple months ago?

Still waiting (Interviewed 12/16)...looks like I survived the recent axe but not sure what to make of the overall silence since it's been about 2 months now

Thanks for the info.

Anyway, when are they planning to send out their last batch of interview invites? (ie., is the season already pretty much over?)

my understanding is that all invites have been sent out.. i.e. all interviews slots have been filled. if a candidate withdraws their app, then their slot will go to someone on the interview waitlist.

Thanks for the info.

Not sure (just a student). I know silence for a long time is the norm. Sorry, I can't help. Seems like a lot of movement happened later here last year.

Not sure (just a student). I know silence for a long time is the norm. Sorry, I can't help. Seems like a lot of movement happened later here last year.

Do you know of people who got into Davis 2 months or more after their interview? I feel like the longer the silence goes, the less my chances are...

Do you know of people who got into Davis 2 months or more after their interview? I feel like the longer the silence goes, the less my chances are...

I'm in the class of 2014, and some of my fellow classmates waited 5 months before they heard anything - kind of scary. But, we were the last group to to have the traditional interview format, so 2 months might me something else this time around. Nevertheless, historically the admissions office has been a pretty slow mover...

I'm in the class of 2014, and some of my fellow classmates waited 5 months before they heard anything - kind of scary. But, we were the last group to to have the traditional interview format, so 2 months might me something else this time around. Nevertheless, historically the admissions office has been a pretty slow mover...
Do you think its a good idea to call in and ask for status for decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.