You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Utah Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Did you get the Background Check email prior to the acceptance?Got my acceptance letter!
Oh yeah by the way... CONGRATS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats robbins! Like cam asked....did you get a background check e-mail first?
I did, but I was also accepted to OHSU on the same day so to be honest I had no clue I was accepted to the U until I received their letter in the mail. I thought the background check was for OHSU but I suspect the U's acceptance is the one that triggered it. My letter came 4 days after they postmarked it.
If you don't mind my asking, do you think you will accept the seat?I did, but I was also accepted to OHSU on the same day so to be honest I had no clue I was accepted to the U until I received their letter in the mail. I thought the background check was for OHSU but I suspect the U's acceptance is the one that triggered it. My letter came 4 days after they postmarked it.
I don't know yet. I have to really think about the decision. The price tag is significantly different between the two and there are good and bad things to take into consideration about each school. Hopefully I come to a decision soon!If you don't mind my asking, do you think you will accept the seat?
Just got accepted off the wait list! No background check e-mail yet but there were unusual circumstances so I didn't expect it. I'll be accepting the spot whenever my online portal switches over!
Congrats! Did you find out via postal mail?
May I ask what the unusual circumstances were?Just got accepted off the wait list! No background check e-mail yet but there were unusual circumstances so I didn't expect it. I'll be accepting the spot whenever my online portal switches over!
Congratulations to all those who were accepted. If you choose to attend medical school here at the U. you will not be disappointed. I'm just finishing my first year and I completely loved it. Here is a copy of the current newsletter which has the 2012 Match List, but to be honest I'm not sure what you will get out of the match list at this point.
Attachments
So I just received the AAMC background check today. I was originally put on the waitlist. Anyone know if this is still an indication for an acceptance? I haven't received anything in the mail yet and no update on the portal. The U was the only school I applied to on AMCAS. Did anyone else that got waitlisted receive the background check as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recieved the background check email while I was at work today. I worked late and, when I checked my mail at 23:00, guess what? Acceptance letter!!!!!!!!! 🙂)))))
Got my acceptance letter today!!! Good luck to all those still on the wait list.
Just got a status update from the portal, accepted! I am very excited, and looking forward to receiving my letter to confirm. I am an Idaho resident who was wait listed.
IS accepted. Randomly checked my portal yesterday and saw that I got in.
I checked my online portal this morning and it's changed....but it doesn't say I'm accepted. Now it just has one option (secondary materials). Is the U just getting ready for the upcoming application cycle or is their class full? Or am I the only one kicked off the waitlist?
My online portal changed today, I don't think it is an acceptance offer as I have not received the AMCAS background check. Maybe someone would know what this is related to. The online portal now reads:
Thank you for applying to the University of Utah School of Medicine. At this time you have the following option(s). Read the instructions on each page carefully as you complete the required information.
COMPLETE Secondary Materials
Acceptance to the School of Medicine is contingent upon successful completion of the Major, Minor, Degree and Degree Date as listed below. The acceptance offer may be rescinded if you do not complete the degree exactly as stated in your AMCAS application. Contact the Office of Admissions immediately if there are any discrepancies in this information.
Changes to your application during the admissions process must be submitted to the Office of Admissions in writing via email, fax or U.S. mail and approved by the Admissions Committee prior to acceptance. This includes, but is not limited to course changes, changes in planned degree(s), and planned activities.
If I click on Secondary Materials all the following options such a recommendation letters state INCOMPLETE. Any ideas?
Thank you for applying to the University of Utah School of Medicine. At this time you have the following option(s). Read the instructions on each page carefully as you complete the required information.
COMPLETE Secondary Materials
Acceptance to the School of Medicine is contingent upon successful completion of the Major, Minor, Degree and Degree Date as listed below. The acceptance offer may be rescinded if you do not complete the degree exactly as stated in your AMCAS application. Contact the Office of Admissions immediately if there are any discrepancies in this information.
Changes to your application during the admissions process must be submitted to the Office of Admissions in writing via email, fax or U.S. mail and approved by the Admissions Committee prior to acceptance. This includes, but is not limited to course changes, changes in planned degree(s), and planned activities.
If I click on Secondary Materials all the following options such a recommendation letters state INCOMPLETE. Any ideas?
My online portal changed today, I don't think it is an acceptance offer as I have not received the AMCAS background check. Maybe someone would know what this is related to. The online portal now reads:
Thank you for applying to the University of Utah School of Medicine. At this time you have the following option(s). Read the instructions on each page carefully as you complete the required information.
COMPLETE Secondary Materials
Acceptance to the School of Medicine is contingent upon successful completion of the Major, Minor, Degree and Degree Date as listed below. The acceptance offer may be rescinded if you do not complete the degree exactly as stated in your AMCAS application. Contact the Office of Admissions immediately if there are any discrepancies in this information.
Changes to your application during the admissions process must be submitted to the Office of Admissions in writing via email, fax or U.S. mail and approved by the Admissions Committee prior to acceptance. This includes, but is not limited to course changes, changes in planned degree(s), and planned activities.
If I click on Secondary Materials all the following options such a recommendation letters state INCOMPLETE. Any ideas?
You weren't accepted and as a new application cycle is starting the portal has more or less reset. Had you been accepted a new option would have become available that when clicked on said you were accepted. The same thing happened to me the first year I applied at about this time. Hopefully I am wrong.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K