2011-2012 University of Utah Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any movement this week?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats robbins! Like cam asked....did you get a background check e-mail first?

Congrats robbins! Like cam asked....did you get a background check e-mail first?

I did, but I was also accepted to OHSU on the same day so to be honest I had no clue I was accepted to the U until I received their letter in the mail. I thought the background check was for OHSU but I suspect the U's acceptance is the one that triggered it. My letter came 4 days after they postmarked it.

I did, but I was also accepted to OHSU on the same day so to be honest I had no clue I was accepted to the U until I received their letter in the mail. I thought the background check was for OHSU but I suspect the U's acceptance is the one that triggered it. My letter came 4 days after they postmarked it.
If you don't mind my asking, do you think you will accept the seat?

If you don't mind my asking, do you think you will accept the seat?
I don't know yet. I have to really think about the decision. The price tag is significantly different between the two and there are good and bad things to take into consideration about each school. Hopefully I come to a decision soon!

Just got accepted off the wait list! No background check e-mail yet but there were unusual circumstances so I didn't expect it. I'll be accepting the spot whenever my online portal switches over!

Just got accepted off the wait list! No background check e-mail yet but there were unusual circumstances so I didn't expect it. I'll be accepting the spot whenever my online portal switches over!

Congrats! Did you find out via postal mail?

May I ask what the unusual circumstances were?

Congratulations to all those who were accepted. If you choose to attend medical school here at the U. you will not be disappointed. I'm just finishing my first year and I completely loved it. Here is a copy of the current newsletter which has the 2012 Match List, but to be honest I'm not sure what you will get out of the match list at this point.

Attachments

• UofU SOM Spring 2012 Newsletter.pdf
    771.6 KB · Views: 171
Called to tell them I was leaving the country for two and a half weeks so they sent me a scanned copy of the acceptance letter that was in the mail to me....so i should have found out by mail, but found out early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so who all is going to the freshman orientation session this Friday?? :D

So I just received the AAMC background check today. I was originally put on the waitlist. Anyone know if this is still an indication for an acceptance? I haven't received anything in the mail yet and no update on the portal. The U was the only school I applied to on AMCAS. Did anyone else that got waitlisted receive the background check as well?

I recieved the background check email while I was at work today. I worked late and, when I checked my mail at 23:00, guess what? Acceptance letter!!!!!!!!! :))))))

Got my acceptance letter today!!! Good luck to all those still on the wait list.

Just got a status update from the portal, accepted! I am very excited, and looking forward to receiving my letter to confirm. I am an Idaho resident who was wait listed.

IS accepted. Randomly checked my portal yesterday and saw that I got in.

I checked my online portal this morning and it's changed....but it doesn't say I'm accepted. Now it just has one option (secondary materials). Is the U just getting ready for the upcoming application cycle or is their class full? Or am I the only one kicked off the waitlist?

My online portal changed today, I don't think it is an acceptance offer as I have not received the AMCAS background check. Maybe someone would know what this is related to. The online portal now reads:

Thank you for applying to the University of Utah School of Medicine. At this time you have the following option(s). Read the instructions on each page carefully as you complete the required information.

COMPLETE Secondary Materials

Acceptance to the School of Medicine is contingent upon successful completion of the Major, Minor, Degree and Degree Date as listed below. The acceptance offer may be rescinded if you do not complete the degree exactly as stated in your AMCAS application. Contact the Office of Admissions immediately if there are any discrepancies in this information.

Changes to your application during the admissions process must be submitted to the Office of Admissions in writing via email, fax or U.S. mail and approved by the Admissions Committee prior to acceptance. This includes, but is not limited to course changes, changes in planned degree(s), and planned activities.

If I click on Secondary Materials all the following options such a recommendation letters state INCOMPLETE. Any ideas?

My online portal changed today, I don't think it is an acceptance offer as I have not received the AMCAS background check. Maybe someone would know what this is related to. The online portal now reads:

Thank you for applying to the University of Utah School of Medicine. At this time you have the following option(s). Read the instructions on each page carefully as you complete the required information.

COMPLETE Secondary Materials

Acceptance to the School of Medicine is contingent upon successful completion of the Major, Minor, Degree and Degree Date as listed below. The acceptance offer may be rescinded if you do not complete the degree exactly as stated in your AMCAS application. Contact the Office of Admissions immediately if there are any discrepancies in this information.

Changes to your application during the admissions process must be submitted to the Office of Admissions in writing via email, fax or U.S. mail and approved by the Admissions Committee prior to acceptance. This includes, but is not limited to course changes, changes in planned degree(s), and planned activities.

If I click on Secondary Materials all the following options such a recommendation letters state INCOMPLETE. Any ideas?

You weren't accepted and as a new application cycle is starting the portal has more or less reset. Had you been accepted a new option would have become available that when clicked on said you were accepted. The same thing happened to me the first year I applied at about this time. Hopefully I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.