2022-2023 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any WL movement this week? Do yall think there will be more or less As from WL in June than May
been a quiet week here...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Any more WL movement? Starting to get discouraged…

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Repeating this again for any June WL movement’ers, message me for access to the group me if you get accepted (since getting added into fb group takes time)

A off the WL yesterday. Will withdraw, hoping it will go to one of y’all! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Being as neurotic as I am, would anyone mind telling me how many people are in the accepted students groupme at this point? My fellow waitlisters and I would appreciate it methinks

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told about a week ago that the waitlist was still moving, so I'm holding onto a little bit of hope

Accepted yesterday morning, OOS, I requested to be the facebook group and DMd my acceptance to one of the admins. Does anyone have the groupme link in the meantime?

I got the A (OOS), but I withdrew my app. Hopefully, it goes to one of you deserving applicants! Good luck:)

Reactions: 1 users
In light of the tragic event yesterday, as well as other incidents in the past month, can any current students comment on the safety of the med school campus? Ive been subscribed to the VCU police alerts for the past month and it seems like especially these past two weeks there’s been an uptick in police activity on and around the campus, mostly for gun related incidents

In light of the tragic event yesterday, as well as other incidents in the past month, can any current students comment on the safety of the med school campus? Ive been subscribed to the VCU police alerts for the past month and it seems like especially these past two weeks there’s been an uptick in police activity on and around the campus, mostly for gun related incidents
I grew up in Richmond and went to VCU for undergrad. Living in a city always comes with its own risks and the gun violence is definitely concerning. In my personal experience, I’ve felt generally safe in the city and the police are very generally pretty vigilant. I feel like a lot of dangerous situations can be avoided by using your best judgement (ex: avoiding certain parts of town). I feel like it should also be noted that >95% of the alerts come from the undergrad campus (monroe park campus) which is about 10-15 minutes away from the med school campus.

I just got accepted and I am so confused because there is nowhere to pay the matriculation fee on my MedAdmit. Also My banner code doesn't appear?? Happen to anyone else?

I just got accepted and I am so confused because there is nowhere to pay the matriculation fee on my MedAdmit. Also My banner code doesn't appear?? Happen to anyone else?
^well I was accepted yesterday and this stuff still hasn't updated today and I have one week to get the checklist done so im a bit nervous

^well I was accepted yesterday and this stuff still hasn't updated today and I have one week to get the checklist done so im a bit nervous
Hey quick question. I haven’t been accepted yet, but what do you mean by only having 1 week to complete the checklist. What about people who get acceptances after one week.

Just withdrew, best of luck to everyone who’s under consideration still!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey quick question. I haven’t been accepted yet, but what do you mean by only having 1 week to complete the checklist. What about people who get acceptances after one week.
You have one week to accept or decline your acceptance and submit a deposit. There’s a ton of other stuff pre matriculation but you have more time for those

I was told about a week ago that the waitlist was still moving, so I'm holding onto a little bit of hope

I was also told today the waitlist is still quite active and moving for what it’s worth.

Anyone know when accepted students get our class schedule??

do people actually buy all the books on the book list?? I never did in undergrad but Im sure its different for med school

If someone doesn't mind sharing, how many are in the accepted students groupme?

Nope. Has anyone called recently? I doubt they would tell me my position on the WL but I’m very tempted to ask anyways.
I called and asked. They said I was so low that I’d be better off taking interview classes during a gap year bc of how bad my performance was.

Nah but fr, they won’t tell u shlt

I called and asked. They said I was so low that I’d be better off taking interview classes during a gap year bc of how bad my performance was.

Nah but fr, they won’t tell u shlt

Keep your hopes alive friend. I thought it was over only a week ago but VCU came through. GroupMe still has at least 10 or so more spots open if that’s anything to go by.

Keep your hopes alive friend. I thought it was over only a week ago but VCU came through. GroupMe still has at least 10 or so more spots open if that’s anything to go by.
Issue is I’m IS so it’s basically a wrap for me at this point.

IS. Got accepted today. Call came and then email. No words to describe my happiness.

Thank you very much VCU!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Emailed and called to ask about my position on the waitlist as the CTE date for the only school I have an A to is today. Got a response to my email from Dr. Whitehurst-Cook saying that the waitlist is still moving but they have not reached my name today. I think asking for your position on the waitlist is worth a shot, especially if you explain your circumstances and CTE dates, etc.

Emailed and called to ask about my position on the waitlist as the CTE date for the only school I have an A to is today. Got a response to my email from Dr. Whitehurst-Cook saying that the waitlist is still moving but they have not reached my name today. I think asking for your position on the waitlist is worth a shot, especially if you explain your circumstances and CTE dates, etc.
did you email Dr. Whitehurst-Cook specifically or did you email admissions?