2022-2023 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to everyone who got in! Can I ask whether you guys had an acceptance at another institution and listed as so on the WL offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to see WL movements starting up. Hopefully more mvmts throughout May!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats to everyone who got in! Can I ask whether you guys had an acceptance at another institution and listed as so on the WL offer?
Thank you! I did not have an acceptance at another school, which is what I listed on the WL response.

Did you do a LOI? I’m debating sending a letter of interest idk what it would do tho… congrats!!
I did not send a LOI before my acceptance. I think I saw previously in this thread that it won't change your position on the WL, but it will be like a check next to your name so if it comes down to you and another applicant it could work in your favor.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how slow the IS WL movement is compared to OOS? Ik it is definitely slower but I’m curious how bad it is so I can be realistic about my chances.

Declined my A and was confirmed this morning so hopefully this means more WL movement for someone :) I am sad and left it until the last moment because I would've gone here in another life! Although, the sadness was lessened by the fact that they spelled my name wrong in the confirmation email lol. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! I was an OOS A for anyone wondering

Just got accepted off WL! IS, Interviewed in september. can’t stop crying lol

I was accepted from the WL on monday and will be declining it. Interviewed in October, IS, and put on the alternative list questionnaire I had an acceptance elsewhere. Hope it helps with the IS WL movement!

Members don't see this ad :)
i have two acceptances im torn between after this… i know the commit to enroll date is supposed to be may 1 but what if i haven’t gotten any financial aid info before then? is it okay to wait until after i get it?

i have two acceptances im torn between after this… i know the commit to enroll date is supposed to be may 1 but what if i haven’t gotten any financial aid info before then? is it okay to wait until after i get it?
I think you get your offer rescinded if you don’t plan to enroll somewhere

Again congrats to all!! I know the fb group verification takes some time, but y’all can message if y’all want access to the class group me

Received A off WL (OOS) yesterday late afternoon! I did accept the offer on my portal, but I still have yet to get any of the financial aid/cost info. I do also currently hold another A at another school. Does anyone know if I still have to narrow down and do plan to enroll by May 1st (though letter says 2 weeks to respond)? I just want to get all of the financial info likely by next week a few days after May 1 before hitting the plan to enroll

I got accepted off the waitlist. However, I do not know which portal I need to go to. Can someone respond with the link, please? nvmnd i figured it our

Last edited:
should I be worried if I have not gotten off the waitlist yet? Will they still more people off?

Since today is a Sunday, does that mean ppl will have an extra day to PTE? Or do they have to select their school by tonight?

Since today is a Sunday, does that mean ppl will have an extra day to PTE? Or do they have to select their school by tonight?

By tmrw night. May 1 this yr cause April 30 today is a Sunday.

For recently accepted applicants, I called the IT department today to ask how to get my Banner ID and set up my email/eID. They indicated that it can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks after acceptance to get into their system, so it can take some time to get your ID and set everything up.

Does anyone know if VCU gives good need/merit scholarships? Or is there’s any scholarship money left?

For those with IS A off WL, can y’all also drop ur stats plz? If u don’t feel comfortable then DM?

was VCU's deposit refundable? I withdrew and they didn't mention it, I also haven't seen the refund statement in my bank account yet.

Hey guys! Just got accepted to VCU SOM and am wondering if I need to purchase all the required and recommended books they have on file

JUST GOT OFF THE WL, INTERNATIONAL, INTERVIEWED IN EARLY FEBRUARY!! I AM MIND BLOWN, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to all! If you want access to the group me (since fb group approval takes some time), dm me!