2012-2013 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to be sure, does anyone who submitted have their status acknowledging the receipt of payment and of the certified secondary app? Thanks.
 
just submitted 🙂. hopefully this school gives me some good news soon....i desperately need it!
Has the status page acknowledged this by any chance? Just wondering if it updates automatically or if it requires a person to actually input the info in, because I may have submitted incorrectly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has the status page acknowledged this by any chance? Just wondering if it updates automatically or if it requires a person to actually input the info in, because I may have submitted incorrectly.

Mine still says pending and I submitted yesterday. I think you're fine for now.
 
I have 3 "yes" but nothing for letters of rec and a "no" for application complete and ready for review.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually liked this supp. Felt like an opportunity to be honest instead of BS. I don't have any cool experiences to talk about in an interview, though. 🙁
 
My status says:

Yes-supplemental application received
Yes-fee received
Yes-MCAT scores received

No-Application complete

So they received everything...but I'm not complete? Is this normal? Anyone else have this status? I submitted on 7/31 too.
 
My status says:

Yes-supplemental application received
Yes-fee received
Yes-MCAT scores received

No-Application complete

So they received everything...but I'm not complete? Is this normal? Anyone else have this status? I submitted on 7/31 too.

I have the same, I submitted the same time too
 
I have the same, I submitted the same time too
Thanks, I feel a little more at ease then. Hopefully we'll both be complete soon.

Prob pending them uploading your LOR
Okay, yeah. That may be it, cause I think they said letters take like 10 days to upload.

I was confused cause it said Letters of Recommendation Received under the status too. Hopefully it just needs to be processed and then I'll be good to go.
 
has anyone else still not received the secondary? i received an email on 7/24 saying they would send out the secondary on the week of the 30th, but i have yet to receive it. i just sent their admissions office an email today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^^^ Yep. It was pretty freaky.

Hopefully they get this problem fixed soon. I have 110 dollars I want to give them, and they're not taking it!
 
^^^ Yep. It was pretty freaky.

Hopefully they get this problem fixed soon. I have 110 dollars I want to give them, and they're not taking it!

Do you think it is just a problem with the albany system? I can't get my credit card to go through. Are you just going to wait it out?
 
Yeah, I think it's just an issue with Albany. They seem to use their own proprietary payment system. I sent them an email, but they're probably already aware of the problem.

It sucks to delay my app like this, but I'm probably just gonna wait it out until the site gets fixed.

Edit: got an email back. It says: " We are currently experiencing a computer glitch with the online payment system, which our programmer is working to resolve. Please try to access the site later today."
 
Last edited:
Excellent, it worked for me as well. Now I've just got to wait for my MCAT scores to come in, and I'll be good to go.
 
I had my AMCAS verified last monday (8/6) and received all secondaries except Albany and Drexel...is anyone still waiting on Albany? or when did you guys get yours?

thanks!
 
I had my AMCAS verified last monday (8/6) and received all secondaries except Albany and Drexel...is anyone still waiting on Albany? or when did you guys get yours?

thanks!

I was complete on 7/28 and received my secondary on 8/6. I would guess yours is coming any day now.
 
is anyone completed here? i still have a "no" next to the "Application complete and ready for review by our Admissions Committee"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone completed here? i still have a "no" next to the "Application complete and ready for review by our Admissions Committee"

Same here, and I submitted the first day I got it 🙁.

There was somebody above who is complete for like a week now though.
 
i called in and they said they are really backed up so i would give them a week or two more tops...
 
So kind of a long story, but I need advice- and quick!

I got an email saying that I opted to include both my committee letter and individual letters on my secondary, and I have to choose one or the other. They said I can choose the committee letter, but that will be the only one in my file (so they wouldn't see my strong volunteer/employer letters), or I can choose to include 4 individual letters (some volunteer/employer and some from undergrad profs).

But the website says "The Admissions Committee prefers a composite letter from a premedical advisor or committee. For students attending schools that do not provide this service, individual letters from faculty may be substituted." I have a committee letter, so would it look bad if I didn't include it since my institution provided it? I just have strong "other" letters and want them to see those.

Help!! I have to respond to her soon.
 
So kind of a long story, but I need advice- and quick!

I got an email saying that I opted to include both my committee letter and individual letters on my secondary, and I have to choose one or the other. They said I can choose the committee letter, but that will be the only one in my file (so they wouldn't see my strong volunteer/employer letters), or I can choose to include 4 individual letters (some volunteer/employer and some from undergrad profs).

But the website says "The Admissions Committee prefers a composite letter from a premedical advisor or committee. For students attending schools that do not provide this service, individual letters from faculty may be substituted." I have a committee letter, so would it look bad if I didn't include it since my institution provided it? I just have strong "other" letters and want them to see those.

Help!! I have to respond to her soon.



Interesting Predicament. Although the website says they "prefer" committee packets, I would go with the strongest letters in your file. At the end of the day, what matters is the impact the letter makes vs the style it comes in. If it helps any, most people I know didn't do a committee packet at all
 
I emailed them about this about 2 months ago. They replied saying that while I COULD do it, they did not recommend it and it is frowned upon. So I would just send the committee.

But that's just me 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.