You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Submitted secondary 8/14
Marked Complete 9/6
Now we wait...
Submitted 8/24
Still not complete
Now I still wait...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure about the LOR reqs. but I subimtted 8/8 as well, still not complete, and I had a non-science (+ committee, science, and employer)
then u better give them a call, because my letters arrived 8/15, and my status turned to yes about a week ago.
Hey guys,
I just heard that they will be doing MMI's starting this year. Also, confirmation that (probably due to this change) they are "a little behind" in the apps process, which hopefully partially helps explain why it's been taking a long time for them to process some of your applications and why interviews are happening later this year than they have in past years.
I just heard that they will be doing MMI's starting this year. Also, confirmation that (probably due to this change) they are "a little behind" in the apps process, which hopefully partially helps explain why it's been taking a long time for them to process some of your applications and why interviews are happening later this year than they have in past years.

Finally marked complete today 9/19 and I submitted on 8/5... I haven't checked my status since last week though, so it could have been changed within the week. Still, it took over a month.
Similar for me. Submitted 8/8, marked complete either today or yesterday.
Damn it, I just came from an MMI and it was harsh.Hey guys,
I just heard that they will be doing MMI's starting this year. Also, confirmation that (probably due to this change) they are "a little behind" in the apps process, which hopefully partially helps explain why it's been taking a long time for them to process some of your applications and why interviews are happening later this year than they have in past years.![]()
Damn it, I just came from an MMI and it was harsh.
Which school? I have an MMI in October (Cincinnati) and I'm not really looking forward to it.
How long does it take for "Certified supplemental application received" to go from pending to yes?
10-65 days
10-65 days
Is that a joke or are you serious?
Is that a joke or are you serious?
20-80% serious
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long does it take for "Certified supplemental application received" to go from pending to yes?
It took 13 days for my LOR to be marked received and another 31 days after that to show "yes." 44 days total from "pending" to "yes." Hang in there.
Submitted 8/24, finally complete 10/5/12. Now let's see if any ii comes rolling out.
Taken from their website:
Our interview season begins in November and ends in late April.
Our interview season begins in November and ends in late April.
This is odd. I check the application status page and as of 10/4/12 I have everything in. The only no on the page is where it says the application is complete and ready for review...Doesn't having everything in mean I am complete? 😕
Nope they still have to go in and hand-verify you. Don't worry, everybody's has said that.
Anyone get a complete email from Albany? I had to go check the status page to find out I'm complete and I still have no email about it a week later.
Anyone get a complete email from Albany? I had to go check the status page to find out I'm complete and I still have no email about it a week later.
I never received an email from them, and I've been complete for several weeks.
Yeah I don't think they send complete emails. I've been complete for a while now. Hopefully they send out II's soon as November is approaching!
Yeah I don't think they send complete emails. I've been complete for a while now. Hopefully they send out II's soon as November is approaching!
I received a "complete" email soon after submitting the secondary
I received a "complete" email soon after submitting the secondary
Interesting. I think you're just about the only one that did. I certainly didn't.
Interesting. I think you're just about the only one that did. I certainly didn't.
Submitted Secondary 9.24
Marked Complete following day
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully they will start II next week
Submitted Secondary 9.24
Marked Complete following day
Well yeah, they mark you complete. You made it sound like they emailed you 🙂
anyone get a interview invite yet???
What's your favorite and least favorite thing about the school? Is there anything you'd change about it if you could?
Thanks!
I hate how they don't send out interviews.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
November is almost here and still no interview invites....hmmmm
I hate how they don't send out interviews.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
lol +1
Sorry, my question was meant more for the current students floating around, but if anybody else feels like answering, be my guest. 🙂
lol +1
Maybe Albany is shutting down. It's the only explanation for their lolly-gagging.
Maybe they're waiting to see who's left after the January acceptance status is published for all applicants. That way they can focus on kids that would actually go to Albany.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Taken from their website:
Our interview season begins in November and ends in late April.
Like I said y'all, their interview season begins in November, so maybe they're just planning to give us almost a nil amount of preparation for their interviews 😛. I know I'd love to interview at Albany (hell guys, its in New York, and I'm a bit tired of the Texas heat, granted its getting colder).
Edit: Also, the ether in this thread on Albany made me lirl.
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K