2012-2013 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get a request for a criminal background check today? This may have been related to a prior acceptance/waitlist but it seemed coincidental that it came around the time of BU's first round of acceptances. Either way, probably shouldn't speculate. Good luck to all!

I didn't. Good to know they aren't from BU for you guys though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
 
m.nydailynews.com/1.1236894

Just thought you all might be interested to know about Boston's state of affairs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
m.nydailynews.com/1.1236894

Just thought you all might be interested to know about Boston's state of affairs.

+1 the flu season is HORRIBLE in Boston this year, especially since Christmas. There are times when probably close to half of our ED patients have flulike symptoms and most of them have been swabbing positive.
 
+1 the flu season is HORRIBLE in Boston this year, especially since Christmas. There are times when probably close to half of our ED patients have flulike symptoms and most of them have been swabbing positive.

Unfortunately a lot of patients with flu have been testing negative with the swab but coming back positive with pcr. A lot of false negatives with the swab which is a problem since pcr is a sent out test and takes a lot more time. And since a patient may test negative with the swab, they commonly refuse tamiflu and when pcr comes back positive, its too late for tamiflu to be given
 
Boston is such a great city and my interviewer was did an awesome job selling the school.

Good luck all!
 
AHHHHHHH!!!! So does EVERY single interviewee who interviewed before the new year find out whether they are accepted/deferred/rejected tomorrow by email (and/or snail mail eventually) ????

I was told by my advisor who sits on the adcom that they'd do their best to have it out by this week, and tomorrow's the only day left. DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol, knowing what day you'll hear a decision wasn't precise enough? 🙂. Just make sure you keep your phone on over the course of the day.

I seriously hate that I don't have phone service at work. 🙁🙁🙁
 
I seriously hate that I don't have phone service at work. 🙁🙁🙁

Are we convinced it's going to be phone calls? Perhaps they will just send emails/status updates to everyone.

Whatever the means of communication, I hope we all find out soon.. that way I can stop having a heart attack every time my phone buzzes.
 
Are we convinced it's going to be phone calls? Perhaps they will just send emails/status updates to everyone.

Whatever the means of communication, I hope we all find out soon.. that way I can stop having a heart attack every time my phone buzzes.

All I know is my cellphone is fully charged, and my inbox is free of spam....my fax machine is plugged in, my telegrapher is ready to go, and I have a mirror on the roof to respond with morse code and an empty soup can hardwired straight to another one in Dean Witzburg's office just in case.
 
All I know is my cellphone is fully charged, and my inbox is free of spam....my fax machine is plugged in, my telegrapher is ready to go, and I have a mirror on the roof to respond with morse code and an empty soup can hardwired straight to another one in Dean Witzburg's office just in case.


lol awesome
 
Last year people started getting phone calls at around 4 PM EST... :scared:

last year they also started getting them earlier in January...so who knows, maybe the system has been changed.....possibly no more phone calls, just emails/status updates
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not all interviewers call. I never got a call last year, but I received the acceptance email on the same day that other people received calls.

Good luck to everyone!
 
Not all interviewers call. I never got a call last year, but I received the acceptance email on the same day that other people received calls.

Good luck to everyone!

Do you happen to know if everyone received an email for their status on that day whether they were accepted, deferred, or rejected?
 
Accepted around 1pm eastern time today! My interviewer called and left a message, then sent an email. Haven't checked my status on their web site but I assume it's changed haha. My interviewer said an acceptance packet is in the mail as well.

I interviewed Nov. 7. OOS, 35/3.9.
 
Nothing yet, but I did get a certiphi email today.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
 
Congrats to all those accepted!
If you have any questions about BUSM, feel free to post here or PM me.
FYI: I'm a 4th year MD/MPH going into internal medicine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have been accepted via email/phone call, did your online status update?

accepted...won't be going here, but will perhaps help me leverage financial aid.

congrats to all accepted!!!

Phone call?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.