-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I accepted the offer but do not see an additional letter as it indicated
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got the hold... messed up mah streak 🙁
but I guess makes life easier or something 😕
but I guess makes life easier or something 😕
Acceptances want to share stats (some of "you people" like to hid them in your MDApps 😛)?
This is making me so excited/nervous. Ughhhh 2 more weeks to hear back!!!
35 MCAT, ~3.75 c/sGPA
Congratulations to all those accepted, and to those on hold, remember that you're still in the running! 

X
Last edited:
Guys see it on your status page you will have your acknowledgement and scholarship letters
X
Last edited:
Nope. Not on the status page with the rest of the letters. Maybe it's a glitch now or was a glitch when I saw it the first time.
I think it's this, because it was there right when I confirmed my acceptance. When I clicked on it, it led me to a blank page.
Still so grateful to be accepted!!!
Congratulations to everyone who was accepted today. Hope to see you in July!
To those of you on hold, don't panic! A large segment of the class comes from the hold list.
To those of you on hold, don't panic! A large segment of the class comes from the hold list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
X
Last edited:
Accepted too, definitely one of my top choices if not my top, so definitely very excited!
CHECK your IAPPLY status page and you will see your letter of ACKNOWLEDGEMENT !!!
Whoever clicked the " Accept Offer " in between 3:00PM and 4:00PM , you guys might not see the acknowledge letter , just post me a msg and I will activate your accept offer button!!!
Many of you have acknowledged while it was in the testing mode , so I had to clear your acknowledgments so that everything went out fresh !!!!
Many of you have acknowledged while it was in the testing mode , so I had to clear your acknowledgments so that everything went out fresh !!!!
This was one of my top choices, so it breaks my heart to be on hold. Thanks for the encouragement!
+1
Thanks Myuu!
No it was not by mistake. I was in the same situation. Contact the admissions office and they will return it to your iApply status page.Did the Scholarship Eligible letter go out by mistake earlier today? It was on my iApply page then disappeared.
🙁🙁🙁🙁 I really really really adore this school in every facet and was super bummed to get put on hold. Can anyone tell me my honest chances of getting in (3.88/37Q)? I felt like the interviews went really well, but I did not send thank you notes until a week after..does this play a large role? (That may sound stupid, but I am just so upset and analyzing everything)
🙁🙁🙁🙁 I really really really adore this school in every facet and was super bummed to get put on hold. Can anyone tell me my honest chances of getting in (3.88/37Q)? I felt like the interviews went really well, but I did not send thank you notes until a week after..does this play a large role? (That may sound stupid, but I am just so upset and analyzing everything)
Don't panic! I interviewed last October and was put on hold and subsequently waitlisted. I ended up getting the acceptance call in mid-June. If you really are interested in Case, send in an update letter expressing as much (I sent three). I doubt thank you notes impact their decision--I never sent any. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁🙁🙁🙁 I really really really adore this school in every facet and was super bummed to get put on hold. Can anyone tell me my honest chances of getting in (3.88/37Q)? I felt like the interviews went really well, but I did not send thank you notes until a week after..does this play a large role? (That may sound stupid, but I am just so upset and analyzing everything)
First of all you know that your grades are stellar, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to be validated.
I believe they mentioned during the interview that everyone who received an II was academically worthy of attending Case. Only the interview would affect one's chance of acceptance at that point. Maybe someone with more experience can confirm or clarify.
For the people getting acceptances, are any of those for CP? Or when do CP acceptances go out?
Anyone interviewing Monday (10/22)? Super excited!
For the people getting acceptances, are any of those for CP? Or when do CP acceptances go out?
I'm pretty sure they were all UP and CP acceptances dont go out for a little while longer.
Anyone interviewing Monday (10/22)? Super excited!
I am! See you there!!
Reeeeejected pre-interview via email. university track. 34R 3.8+ 🙁
Sorry to hear. 🙁 . Could I ask when you were complete?
If you don't mind me asking....when were you complete? I'm still waiting on my rejection....I mean decision. 🙁
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If you don't mind me asking....when were you complete? I'm still waiting on my rejection....I mean decision. 🙁
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Haha. +1
Accepted for UP!
No it was not by mistake. I was in the same situation. Contact the admissions office and they will return it to your iApply status page.
So if we saw the Scholarship Eligibility link to a blank page after we accepted the offer, this wasn't a glitch? I apologize, I just want to clarify before I call the admissions office...I wouldn't want to sound like I was complaining about scholarships when I was just accepted to such a great school! 🙂
Yes, that's correct and is exactly what happened in my case. The scholarship eligibility letter went away and calling the admissions office brought it back.So if we saw the Scholarship Eligibility link to a blank page after we accepted the offer, this wasn't a glitch? I apologize, I just want to clarify before I call the admissions office...I wouldn't want to sound like I was complaining about scholarships when I was just accepted to such a great school! 🙂
So if we saw the Scholarship Eligibility link to a blank page after we accepted the offer, this wasn't a glitch? I apologize, I just want to clarify before I call the admissions office...I wouldn't want to sound like I was complaining about scholarships when I was just accepted to such a great school! 🙂
Yes, that's correct and is exactly what happened in my case. The scholarship eligibility letter went away and calling the admissions office brought it back.
I saw it initially too and emailed the office and they said unfortunately they only have a limited number of scholarships and they could not offer me one. Unbelievably grateful for the acceptance, however!!!!
No. If you were going to be rejected, you've have gotten a rejection. Hold means that they haven't decided whether to invite you yet, and it can still go either way.put on hold for cclcm... is this just a slower rejection? 🙁
Send an update letter if you have something significant to update. It's definitely worth letting them know about the accepted pub and the best presentation award. (Congrats on both, btw.)Would it be worth sending an update letter to a school that I've been put on hold at? Does CCLCM care for update letters or do they find them annoying? I've gotten a publication in press, attended a few conferences, won a best presentation award and a few other things between the time I submitted my AMCAS and now. No grades yet, though, and I'm not even counting on them being too awesome.
Any input from people familiar with CCLCM would be very much appreciated! It's definitely one of my top choices.
If it's before the deadline, then no, it's not too late. Just keep in mind that the earlier you submit, the more interview slots will still be open.I submitted secondary on Oct 1st to the College Track, is that too late?
I have never heard of this before-must be something new they're doing this year. But congrats, and good luck!So, I got an interesting but exciting update from CCLCM... They said I was not originally invited for an interview, but they are offering me the opportunity to have a phone interview with two of their most experienced members of the adcom, who would decide if they should invite me or not. Has anyone EVER heard of this happening or what to expect? I'm happy just to not have been rejected yet but I had no idea this was even an option... For what it's worth I was on hold prior to receiving this update and was rejected from UP a few weeks ago.
Proceed to panic calmly? 😉NOOOOO.. Panic Panic Panic! jk...everyone proceed calmly.
Sending or not sending thank you cards plays no role. Even so, you should still send them as a matter of courtesy. I used to write mine on the airplane after each interview.🙁🙁🙁🙁 I really really really adore this school in every facet and was super bummed to get put on hold. Can anyone tell me my honest chances of getting in (3.88/37Q)? I felt like the interviews went really well, but I did not send thank you notes until a week after..does this play a large role? (That may sound stupid, but I am just so upset and analyzing everything)
CCLCM acceptances have not gone out yet. vc7777 can probably give you exact dates, but I wouldn't be looking for any acceptances before December.For the people getting acceptances, are any of those for CP? Or when do CP acceptances go out?
No. If you were going to be rejected, you've have gotten a rejection. Hold means that they haven't decided whether to invite you yet, and it can still go either way.
Send an update letter if you have something significant to update. It's definitely worth letting them know about the accepted pub and the best presentation award. (Congrats on both, btw.)
If it's before the deadline, then no, it's not too late. Just keep in mind that the earlier you submit, the more interview slots will still be open.
I have never heard of this before-must be something new they're doing this year. But congrats, and good luck!
Proceed to panic calmly? 😉
Sending or not sending thank you cards plays no role. Even so, you should still send them as a matter of courtesy. I used to write mine on the airplane after each interview.
CCLCM acceptances have not gone out yet. vc7777 can probably give you exact dates, but I wouldn't be looking for any acceptances before December.
Thank you CCLCMer for answering our questions and calming those SDN nerves!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
np. I still remember what it's like to have those application anxieties better than you might expect.Thank you CCLCMer for answering our questions and calming those SDN nerves!
Anyway, I can't really answer questions about daily life in med school any more, so the least I can do is give some moral support, right? Kind of weird to realize that I'm getting out of touch with what's happening at CCLCM. I don't know any of the MS1's at all and barely met some of the MS2's when they were interviewing. I'm going to visit Cleveland in a few months though, so that will be fun. vc7777 and Myuu and I have some pho eating to catch up on!
vc7777 and Myuu and I have some pho eating to catch up on!
at the risk of getting booted from the case thread.... what is pho? (i mean I can google it, but what's the appeal? and if it saves me at all I do genuinely like eggplant, which no one seems to mention anymore ...which means I really need to apply already as I've spent too many years stalking this thread 😛 )
Rejected via email yest, complete around 8/22 and OOS. 🙁
Did you already interview?
For those who haven't interviewed, are all the spaces on your status page still blank?
Mine doesnt even say "reviewed" "under review" "hold" etc... nothing.
Does this mean I'm silently rejected? That they haven't seen my app yet?
I was complete 8/14
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K