You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Dartmouth Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
D
deleted470713
congrats! when were you complete?
I'm not 100% sure but I believe it was the beginning of sept
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations Cheezhead! I was complete waaaayyyyy back in July as well, so perhaps I'll try an LOI. Did you submit yours via snail mail or email? Also, did you get any sort of confirmation that they had received your LOI/in the area notice?
I sent via email and I got an auto-response back that my email would be dealt with within 24 hours, but nothing beyond that. And thank you!
D
deleted470713
I sent via email and I got an auto-response back that my email would be dealt with within 24 hours, but nothing beyond that. And thank you!
When did you schedule your interview for?!?
When did you schedule your interview for?!?
Early December, although it will be a rough time missing classes for it... the price we pay to finagle our way into medical school!
D
deleted470713
Early December, although it will be a rough time missing classes for it... the price we pay to finagle our way into medical school!
haha seriously! I'm going the end of this month, but like I psychotically check my syllabi 20x to make sure there is no overlap!
No more acceptances after that first batch? 🙁
That's what I'm wondering. I had my interview 2 weeks ago. I wonder when is a good time to send an update letter.
Any final tips for my Dartmouth interview? And what lunch is served on that day?
Try to relax; they make a real effort to make you feel comfortable. And lunch is from the hospital cafeteria; they give you a voucher for you to use as you please.
Any final tips for my Dartmouth interview? And what lunch is served on that day?
have fun nychila -- hope it goes well and crossing my fingers for u! 🙂
have fun nychila -- hope it goes well and crossing my fingers for u! 🙂
Thanks bearintraining, I'm just really looking forward to interview day at Dartmouth. A little anxious.
D
deleted470713
anyone interviewing on the 27th??
Thanks bearintraining, I'm just really looking forward to interview day at Dartmouth. A little anxious.
Okay,
you can calm down now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question, are Dartmouth interview days ONLY on Tuesdays and Thursdays? I'd love to move to a M/F if possible, but don't want to call if they don't even offer interviews on those days...
T/Th with MD/PhD interviews being T/W or W/Th.
T/Th with MD/PhD interviews being T/W or W/Th.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Random detail I remembered but they only do Tuesdays every other week...if that bit of info helps at all lol.
Just got an acceptance email (first one). SOOOO HAPPY!![]()
Good for you! when did you interview? thanks
Acceptance email yesterday too. I interviewed only a few weeks ago (10/25) so wasn't expecting to hear anything. It was a really chill interview day.
congrats. so you heard back within 10 days. Do you know if they meet every week to discuss admission decisions? If you dont mind did you have a faculty and student interview or two faculty interviews? thanks
Last edited:
congrats. so you heard back within 10 days. Do you know if they meet every week to discuss admission decisions? If you dont mind did you have a faculty and student interview or two faculty interviews? thanks
Yes I heard back within 10 days. The Director of Admissions said acceptance times are highly variable and I was really happy that they don't require a deposit to hold your place in the class. I don't know how often they meet. I interviewed with two faculty. One was a MD/PhD that did more bench work and knew my file really well. The other was an older doctor that did not know too much about my application.
Yes I heard back within 10 days. The Director of Admissions said acceptance times are highly variable and I was really happy that they don't require a deposit to hold your place in the class. I don't know how often they meet. I interviewed with two faculty. One was a MD/PhD that did more bench work and knew my file really well. The other was an older doctor that did not know too much about my application.
I also interviewed on the 25th of october. Here is to hoping I get some good news soon.
I also interviewed on the 25th of october. Here is to hoping I get some good news soon.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rejected just now. Complete around 8/22. Oh well. I wish they didn't string me along for so long.
argh! I hope this doesn't mean we are in for another round of rejections...
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been complete since July 19th and haven't heard anything.
Anyone else in the same boat?
+1 also complete since 7/19. Also haven't received a single new II in the past month...
+1 also complete since 7/19. Also haven't received a single new II in the past month...
At least it's good to know I wasn't just forgotten. Well, that's assuming the two of us didn't fall through the cracks.
We also had a lot of the same interviews!
I've been complete since July 19th and haven't heard anything.
Anyone else in the same boat?
been complete since 7/17....so you're good lol
been complete since 7/17....so you're good lol
complete 7/16 🙂 hopefully we all hear something soon!
complete 7/16 🙂 hopefully we all hear something soon!
complete around 7/25
+1 complete since 7/27 . Did not hear anything yet . even sent email update two weeks ago which they said will be added to the file.been complete since 7/17....so you're good lol
complete way back in august. cant believe i havent been rejected yet honestly. 3.7 sgpa and cgpa and 10/10/10R MCAT. and ii would be awesome!
Yeah also complete in August. Wondering if a LOI would help...? Anyone have any success with sending one?
II this morning! 🙂 Complete 9/10.
argh!! this anticipation is killing me.. I was complete 9/11.. GRR.. congrats!
Accepted! Yipee!!
I interviewd on Oct 18th.
Complete August 01st.
Good Luck to you- I know you will all be great physicians.
Also, a nugget of news- I believe the admissions comittee deliberate every Thursday for ranking.
Good luck! 🙂)
Congrats!!! You received your acceptance email in a Saturday??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
on the website it says decisions come out in january...so i guess only some of the acceptances are out now, then the waitlists will be in january
on the website it says decisions come out in january...so i guess only some of the acceptances are out now, then the waitlists will be in january
ut oh, looks like imma be on the waitlist 🙁
ut oh, looks like imma be on the waitlist 🙁
i doubt that, probably for some people, it takes a little longer to evaluate and accept, it's just a matter of time.
II this morning! 🙂 Complete 9/10.
If you don't mind sharing, what kinds of interview dates were available to you? I'm considering sending a letter of interest to Dartmouth, but it might not be worth the trouble if they are already booked with interviews through spring. FWIW, I haven't been rejected yet despite being complete in mid July. Assuming they have already given my application some consideration, this gives me hope that I'm still eligible for an interview...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
