2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post II WL, interviewed 8/31

Members don't see this ad.

For those on the WL, I had submitted the "I accept the waitlist position" option weeks ago, but I just logged back in and although I see the option selected and the page says "This page is completed", the Submit button is still clickable (if that makes sense) but I'm pretty sure I have already submitted it...is that how the button should be?

could someone please check if their submit button also appears clickable?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those on the WL, I had submitted the "I accept the waitlist position" option weeks ago, but I just logged back in and although I see the option selected and the page says "This page is completed", the Submit button is still clickable (if that makes sense) but I'm pretty sure I have already submitted it...is that how the button should be?
Mine shows the same thing - maybe it's just in case you'd want to update your decision and get off the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Hi friends who interviewed, was it virtual or in person?

Any non-trad or low stat people get an A or even an interview? Edit: Please specify if you're comfortable

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the waitlist here is ranked/unranked? Or how they decide to pull people off the waitlist in general?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the waitlist here is ranked/unranked? Or how they decide to pull people off the waitlist in general?
According to the MSAR Report for Waitlist Procedures "After May 1, we contact waitlisted applicants regarding their desire to remain on the waitlist and admit candidates from the waitlist via a committee process.". Directly contacting them would be the primary source though I guess.

OOS A yesterday morning around 10:30 (interviewed 3/14) !!!!!!!! 😭

• Love
Has anyone asked the financial aid office when they plan on releasing aid awards? Historically it's been released as early as April 1st, but obviously this isn't a standard year.

Reactions: 2 users
My waitlisted folks, is anyone else confused by this email they sent out? Are they saying to stay on the WL you need to send something in the additional docs section? Also I send a letter of continued interest months ago, should I send another or would that be too much? I don’t have many updates to share but I want them to know I’m very interested…

My waitlisted folks, is anyone else confused by this email they sent out? Are they saying to stay on the WL you need to send something in the additional docs section? Also I send a letter of continued interest months ago, should I send another or would that be too much? I don’t have many updates to share but I want them to know I’m very interested…

yea did everyone get that email?

yea did everyone get that email?
I emailed admissions and they basically told me that I should send another update letter specifically saying I’m interested in Dartmouth and wanna be actively considered by the waitlist committee so I sent one but i doubt it’ll do too much

Withdrew my A, hope someone here gets my spot :). Please send good thoughts for me to get off my top choice waitlist too!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Any people who interviewed or were accepted this cycle, can you give tips for future applicants? Also congrats :)

Financial aid packages coming in today supposedly? Fingers crossed. I've been checking my email all week lol

was released from waitlist just now. kind of relieved!

edit: just for clarity, I mean that I was rejected after being on the waitlist. the email used the term "releasing you from the waitlist" which is def confusing lol

Last edited:
  • Care

edit: just for clarity, I mean that I was rejected after being on the waitlist. the email used the term "releasing you from the waitlist" which is def confusing lol

Did you send them an update / indicate that you wanted to stay on the waitlist after they sent that email earlier this month? Or was this kind of expected?

wait had no idea this was a thing… ?

I was just sent a financial aid offer after rescinding my acceptance. They would have given me a full ride scholarship, with only loans being used to cover living expenses. I feel so stupid rn hahaha

I was just sent a financial aid offer after rescinding my acceptance. They would have given me a full ride scholarship, with only loans being used to cover living expenses. I feel so stupid rn hahaha
Ask them if they allow takesy backsies.

Did you send them an update / indicate that you wanted to stay on the waitlist after they sent that email earlier this month? Or was this kind of expected?
yes, I sent an update and letter of interest. I just say that I was relieved because it's just too far from home for me :/

• Care
Am I the only one still waiting for a financial aid package? 🧍
I got mine today as well. If you haven't received yours, they are either releasing the awards on a rolling basis (over the next few days) or you are missing something and they have not finalized your package yet. I'd recommend emailing them or calling them, they are very kind.

did anyone not get it? there are 70 students on this call so definitely seems like a fair amount just have not heard of second look for waitlisted students and dont know what to take from it
I mean I’d assume the waitlist wouldn’t be any bigger than 100 due to geisels size especially after it looks like they removed a decent number from the waitlist. I’d believe a few people didn’t make it so 70 seems pretty reasonable for every WL getting the email