2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Pre-II R, complete 9/4

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
If you submitted in July and still not have not received a rejection or II, is that an indication that you are still in consideration or do they just reject the rest of us in batches?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait-listed and withdrawling. 8/31 interview.
Best of luck everyone!

• Care
OOS A! got the email at 7:15 this morning, interviewed 1/25

• Love
Anyone know how big Geisels waitlist is? Seems like a pretty large chunk of people getting waitlisted for such a small school lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone else still not received anything from them since submitting in early august? no II or R!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R today, OOS, LM 69ish, vet, complete early Sept.

Anyone else more than 6-weeks post-interview and on tenterhooks waiting for a decision? I’ve been obsessively refreshing my email ever since my interview and wondering when I’ll hear something.

I know medical schools tend to be non-communicative but in a perfect world they would tell us “we’re still thinking about it” or “we haven’t met about your application yet” or anything at all on a regular basis (e.g. once month after an interview) because the stress/anxiety of waiting with no news and no idea when news will come is really hard!

Especially when it looks like it’s likely to be bad news… Trying to remind myself to keep the hope alive because there's still a chance and also trying to come to terms with the probability that the chance is low…

• Care
Anyone else more than 6-weeks post-interview and on tenterhooks waiting for a decision? I’ve been obsessively refreshing my email ever since my interview and wondering when I’ll hear something.

I know medical schools tend to be non-communicative but in a perfect world they would tell us “we’re still thinking about it” or “we haven’t met about your application yet” or anything at all on a regular basis (e.g. once month after an interview) because the stress/anxiety of waiting with no news and no idea when news will come is really hard!

Especially when it looks like it’s likely to be bad news… Trying to remind myself to keep the hope alive because there's still a chance and also trying to come to terms with the probability that the chance is low…
I agree it is is frustrating. I think for most people it becomes either a WL or R when its past 6 weeks. They made me wait since September to get a WL two weeks ago :/ I am wishing you the absolute best of luck tho!

I agree it is is frustrating. I think for most people it becomes either a WL or R when its past 6 weeks. They made me wait since September to get a WL two weeks ago :/ I am wishing you the absolute best of luck tho!
Thank you & good luck to you as well! I guess my fingers are crossed for a WL for myself at this point 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Im still waiting for a response from my August interview

• Care

yup I interviewed 10/19 and haven't heard anything... I think it's gonna be R or WL lol

• Care
Does anyone know what financial aid is like at Dartmouth (especially merit-based aid)? I've been really fortunate this cycle, and I recently received a few full tuition and COA scholarships at other schools I'd love to attend. I have an interview coming up at Geisel, but if they don't offer similar merit aid, then I'd like to cancel my interview so that my interview spot can go to someone more likely to matriculate.
My (limited) understanding is that aid isn't great here. It's 100% need based beyond the 45k/yr base loan they require you take out, leaving you with a minimum of around 180k debt minimum, for most*. You won't get any full tuition or COA scholarships here and they don't match.

Again, I personally like that the school is 100% need based aid (above the base loan), but it does make it challenging for people choosing between half/full COA scholarships and this. I know some years Geisel's base loan requirement was 37.5k/yr so I guess it depends on how much funding they have (we got unlucky, folks).

Anybody complete in late July/early August just sitting in silence? I know they interview pretty late compared to most schools, but it's kinda crazy.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! I received an II this morning but the date listed was 3/7 when I will be flying cross country all day. I will be emailing admissions to see if there are any other options but curious if anyone here had luck moving their interview?

Hey all! I received an II this morning but the date listed was 3/7 when I will be flying cross country all day. I will be emailing admissions to see if there are any other options but curious if anyone here had luck moving their interview?
Il -> A applicant here, they were very accomodating from my experience!

I moved mine like a month. Got II around thanksgiving and moved it jan bc of work constraints (I got the A in Feb)! Might not be as flexible given it’s now closer to end of cycle but you shouldn’t have an issue moving it a few days

Dartmouth's last II wave is usually either this week or next week according to the last few years of SDN, so that may be their last interview date. But just send them an email cause there's an equally good chance they have another after that.

Has anyone with a mid-January interview heard back? or are people still waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
just waitlisted. 1/18 interview.

Got put on the waitlist and am going to turn it down, good luck everyone!

• Care
Got the A!! Interviewed 2/1!!!

Also, fwiw, this A genuinely shocked me - I talked for like 1 minute during the entire group session 😭 (but I felt my 1 on 1 interviews were very on point)

Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
+1 OOS A!! Interviewed 2/1. Incredibly happy for this one.

• Love
Have any post-II R's gone out yet? I think that's what I'm expecting... interviewed mid october

got the A email today!!! interviewed 2/8. OOS

Last edited:
  • Love
I moved mine like a month. Got II around thanksgiving and moved it jan bc of work constraints (I got the A in Feb)! Might not be as flexible given it’s now closer to end of cycle but you shouldn’t have an issue moving it a few days

Update- they were very accommodating!! Was able to move my interview with no issues but for those still waiting to hear they did state the last interview date will be in the middle of March.

• Love
Post II R, interview 11/09. Really had to wait 4 months to give me that decision lmao

• Care