2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II, will be withdrawing my app. Hope it goes to one of you
What a king/queen. Did you submit an update to them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Long time lurker! I'm here to put a wish out into the universe for a chance at Geisel. I love the school so much. Don't know what my odds are given that I am international (Canadian) and was complete a looong time ago. One can dream though. :p Also good luck to all those still waiting on a decision!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Have there been any waitlists or post-II Rs at this school? Loving the silence since my October interview

Do we think there is a chance for As to go out today or is it usually every other Friday?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R. Didn't know they gave these out so early LOL

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
If anyone sent an update, did they just submit it to the portal? Does it show up on your document status or document upload after you upload it to the portal??

If anyone sent an update, did they just submit it to the portal? Does it show up on your document status or document upload after you upload it to the portal??
Yup, I submitted it to the portal in the Document Upload section. It shows up on the right side under Uploaded Documents after you submit.

Yup, I submitted it to the portal in the Document Upload section. It shows up on the right side under Uploaded Documents after you submit.
Got it! thats how mine is. But for other schools it actually shows up in the document status section so i wasnt sure....But thank you:)

Does anyone know how often they'll release As? Are they going to follow a schedule (i.e. once a month) or is it totally random?

Does anyone know how often they'll release As? Are they going to follow a schedule (i.e. once a month) or is it totally random?
I've checked Dartmouth's SDN from the past five cycles and they tend to have a pattern: decisions released one month (4 weeks exact) from your interview date, and if you don't get the A, you may eventually get the WL later on in the cycle. They release R's periodically, probably when they are confident they will not take a candidate due to negative interview evaluation (I'd assume this is a small %) or poor fit. Once the cycle moves into February they begin to release decisions 2 weeks post interview, rather than 1 month, meeting twice a month. If you haven't heard back, you may get the A/WL/R near the end of the cycle.

Last edited:
I've checked Dartmouth's SDN from the past five cycles and they tend to have a pattern: decisions released one month (4 weeks exact) from your interview date, and if you don't get the A, you may eventually get the WL later on in the cycle. They release R's periodically, probably when they are confidant they will not take a candidate due to negative interview evaluation (I'd assume this is a small %) or poor fit. Once the cycle moves into February they begin to release decisions 2 weeks post interview, rather than 1 month, meeting twice a month. If you haven't heard back, you may get the A/WL/R near the end of the cycle.

Any prelim indication how many WL->A?

Thanks for going through the previous years!

I've checked Dartmouth's SDN from the past five cycles and they tend to have a pattern: decisions released one month (4 weeks exact) from your interview date, and if you don't get the A, you may eventually get the WL later on in the cycle. They release R's periodically, probably when they are confidant they will not take a candidate due to negative interview evaluation (I'd assume this is a small %) or poor fit. Once the cycle moves into February they begin to release decisions 2 weeks post interview, rather than 1 month, meeting twice a month. If you haven't heard back, you may get the A/WL/R near the end of the cycle.
Also any idea till when they send out IIs?

Reactions: 3 users
I've checked Dartmouth's SDN from the past five cycles and they tend to have a pattern: decisions released one month (4 weeks exact) from your interview date, and if you don't get the A, you may eventually get the WL later on in the cycle. They release R's periodically, probably when they are confident they will not take a candidate due to negative interview evaluation (I'd assume this is a small %) or poor fit. Once the cycle moves into February they begin to release decisions 2 weeks post interview, rather than 1 month, meeting twice a month. If you haven't heard back, you may get the A/WL/R near the end of the cycle.
And when is the end of the cycle. ?

so no news is good news from here? haven’t heard anything since submission in August!