-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone call?!
I'm not even considering calling for until at least after the holiday. Granted, I could just walk over to the office and ask but I figure it'll come when it comes. They may not even have reviewed my file yet.
Haha yeah. I am oos so I'm just really anxious because I know it will take a while if I do get a letter.
I understand, I'm dying to know...... but I know it may take awhile... even months. 🙁
i called yesterday around 1p, not to ask about status but to request that if anything is sent to me it be sent to my permanent address bc I'm going home for thanksgiving next wk, but the lady said letters were already mailed out- so those of you close to Indy could get something as soon as today or tomorrow...! she also said online portals will be updated next wk.
i called yesterday around 1p, not to ask about status but to request that if anything is sent to me it be sent to my permanent address bc I'm going home for thanksgiving next wk, but the lady said letters were already mailed out- so those of you close to Indy could get something as soon as today or tomorrow...! she also said online portals will be updated next wk.
Will the online portals tell you a decision?
i called yesterday around 1p, not to ask about status but to request that if anything is sent to me it be sent to my permanent address bc I'm going home for thanksgiving next wk, but the lady said letters were already mailed out- so those of you close to Indy could get something as soon as today or tomorrow...! she also said online portals will be updated next wk.
Thanks for the info!
Will the online portals tell you a decision?
i believe so
i called yesterday around 1p, not to ask about status but to request that if anything is sent to me it be sent to my permanent address bc I'm going home for thanksgiving next wk, but the lady said letters were already mailed out- so those of you close to Indy could get something as soon as today or tomorrow...! she also said online portals will be updated next wk.
Thanks for the info!
Unfortunately I think they are going to mail the letter to me here on the east coast instead of to my home address in Indiana, so it may take a while longer.
i believe so
The portal will be updated on the 22nd, yay for everyone traveling thanksgiving
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been under review since mid-October as well, so I'm not expecting a decision either :/.
Same boat.
mail came today, nothing. I live about 1.5 hours from Indy. Interviewed on 9/5, app complete by end of september, re-applicant, ISSame boat.
Called today and was told I'm still under review. Person on the phone was very nice. I was under review a bit after mid-October, so I was kind of disappointed to find out I'm still under review.
It may simply be too soon after the decision was made, maybe their systems haven't been properly updated yet to reflect the decision.
It may simply be too soon after the decision was made, maybe their systems haven't been properly updated yet to reflect the decision.
I was thinking the same thing.
I called and apparently since the system won't be updated until next week, the most they can tell you on the phone at this point is whether you're under consideration. So hearing that you're under consideration doesn't necessarily mean that you won't be receiving an acceptance letter in the next few days. It just means that at this point, the admissions office people see the same status we see when we log in to check our status online.
I called and apparently since the system won't be updated until next week, the most they can tell you on the phone at this point is whether you're under consideration. So hearing that you're under consideration doesn't necessarily mean that you won't be receiving an acceptance letter in the next few days. It just means that at this point, the admissions office people see the same status we see when we log in to check our status online.
That's what I had been thinking. I guess we'll all just have to wait for a letter in the mail.
I called and apparently since the system won't be updated until next week, the most they can tell you on the phone at this point is whether you're under consideration. So hearing that you're under consideration doesn't necessarily mean that you won't be receiving an acceptance letter in the next few days. It just means that at this point, the admissions office people see the same status we see when we log in to check our status online.
That's good to hear. FWIW, the person I talked to said that acceptance letters are mailed, but other decisions are emailed. So no emails is probably also a good sign!
To those who have already been accepted, did your online status change before you received your letter or after?
Mine changed after I received the letter.
To those who have already been accepted, did your online status change before you received your letter or after?
I was accepted EDP and my portal never changed from "Under consideration" even after the letter and the subsequent paperwork.
I was accepted EDP and my portal never changed from "Under consideration" even after the letter and the subsequent paperwork.
Aw so even the online status might not be reliable. Ah well, I'll just wait for the mail and see.
Any accepted non-EDPers with a campus placement yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey ya'll, I'm an OoSer that interviewed on 11/7/12..anyone else in that boat? Is it possible they reviewed any of those interviewees last week?
Doubt it, but it is possible I suppose. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. There were people that interviewed in September that still don't have a decision.
Anyone hear anything yet? One of my friends who interviewed the same day as I did just got his acceptance letter today. He is OOS. I'm dying to go check my mail!!
Did you interview on 10/10?
I won't be able to check my mail for a few more hours, but hopefully there's something good in there from IUSM.
Did you interview on 10/10?
I won't be able to check my mail for a few more hours, but hopefully there's something good in there from IUSM.
Yup I was on 10/10!
Got my acceptance letter today! Very excited!
Now time for me to get off of SDN and celebrate 😀
Now time for me to get off of SDN and celebrate 😀
Do they send letters to everyone who is on the hold list, accepted, or rejected? I interviewed October 4th. Will I be getting a letter soon? I'm unclear how this works lol.
I was sent an e-mail last year to inform me I was an alternate. I believe rejections are sent via e-mail, but someone correct me if i'm wrong.Do they send letters to everyone who is on the hold list, accepted, or rejected? I interviewed October 4th. Will I be getting a letter soon? I'm unclear how this works lol.
Last year I interviewed in January, was informed I was on the alternate list during the last week of May. Did not get in. Re-applied this year, interviewed on the first day for non early-decision, 9/5, application was complete a week later, and I have not heard anything yet, either. It seems to be a completely random process, and it really could be springtime before anyone gets an answer, no matter when you interview..frustrating, i know.
That is so weird...
My interviewer explained it to me like this: each applicant can be awarded points (up to 200) including interview scores; the files are assembled with the most points on top, so that's how they are reviewed. After each interview day, more files are added to the list, with the most points on top.... so that's how someone who interviews in September might not hear anything til May.
My interviewer explained it to me like this: each applicant can be awarded points (up to 200) including interview scores; the files are assembled with the most points on top, so that's how they are reviewed. After each interview day, more files are added to the list, with the most points on top.... so that's how someone who interviews in September might not hear anything til May.
Hm that's interesting. I'd like to know how the scoring system works. Probably a combination of gpa, mcat, interview, and a score for ec's?
Hm that's interesting. I'd like to know how the scoring system works. Probably a combination of gpa, mcat, interview, and a score for ec's?
That's what I meant by a maximum of 200 points; there are points for everything on your app (I have no idea what the breakdown is) and they add those together. That's all I have been told and I didn't ask any further questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's what I meant by a maximum of 200 points; there are points for everything on your app (I have no idea what the breakdown is) and they add those together. That's all I have been told and I didn't ask any further questions.
Haha I get how it works but I was more curious of how everything was tallied. But obviously no one really know besides the admissions committee.
Haha I get how it works but I was more curious of how everything was tallied. But obviously no one really know besides the admissions committee.
Don't worry about it, you guys will probably get your letters today if I got mine yesterday. Good luck!
Where was your letter sent to? IS or OOS?Don't worry about it, you guys will probably get your letters today if I got mine yesterday. Good luck!
thanks
Don't worry about it, you guys will probably get your letters today if I got mine yesterday. Good luck!
Haha I'm all the way in NY, so it may be a while for me.
Where was your letter sent to? IS or OOS?
thanks
To my preferred address
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K