You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Haven't been home to check yet. My portal still says "under consideration." 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted!!!i haven't gotten my letter in the mail, but my portal changed this morning.
After being wait listed last year, i have been waiting so long to be able to post this. I am so elated right now.
congrats!!!
Accepted!!! 😀 I haven't gotten my letter in the mail, but my portal changed this morning.
After being wait listed last year, I have been waiting so long to be able to post this. I am so elated right now.
Congrats! I hope to join you soon!
Accepted!!! 😀 I haven't gotten my letter in the mail, but my portal changed this morning.
After being wait listed last year, I have been waiting so long to be able to post this. I am so elated right now.
Congrats!!!! I'm in the same position you were, wait listed last year. People think its tough to wait for two or three months after their interview..try waiting 1+ year.
Congratulations, again. the hard work has paid off!!
Congrats!!!! I'm in the same position you were, wait listed last year. People think its tough to wait for two or three months after their interview..try waiting 1+ year.
Congratulations, again. the hard work has paid off!!
Yeah, it doesn't quite seem real. I still feel like I need to start studying for the MCAT for a third time or something. Haha. And thanks, that was a brutal year and a half of waiting... Good luck to you. Hopefully this week holds some great news!
Yeah, it doesn't quite seem real. I still feel like I need to start studying for the MCAT for a third time or something. Haha. And thanks, that was a brutal year and a half of waiting... Good luck to you. Hopefully this week holds some great news!
my portal still says "under consideration" and it seems like they've already updated them. Oh well, what's one more month, ha!
Can I ask what you did this fall/year to improve your app and what your gpa/MCAT were?
Thanks!
my portal still says "under consideration" and it seems like they've already updated them. Oh well, what's one more month, ha!
Can I ask what you did this fall/year to improve your app and what your gpa/MCAT were?
Thanks!
Dang, I hate that it's a whole month before there is a chance again. It's brutal.
My MCAT score was my biggest improvement. Last year it was a 27Q. I re-took it and got a 32S. My GPA is 3.65. (I took one class this year but since grades aren't in yet my GPA didn't change at all from last year to this one) I am non trad and did a year of AmeriCorps, which led to a full-time job that I have now. My interviewer seemed to really like that as well.
Good luck and hopefully one more month is all it takes!
Once in a while I log into my portal just to see the green letters "Accepted" at the top. Always makes me smile! 😀
Good luck to all those still waiting for the good news!
Good luck to all those still waiting for the good news!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got them this morning.Has anyone from the 12/14 group gotten the 3 emails yet, the ones you get after you're accepted? I can't log in to the portal 🙁
I got them this morning.

Haha thanks for replying though. On to the next one (aka month)

I was accepted during the 11/15 round - checked the portal the other day and it said that in order to see my status I had to establish IU network credentials. I'm an IU undergrad and already have an indiana.edu username, so it wouldn't let me create new ones, but I'm not sure how to link my existing credentials to the med school. Anyone else run into this? 😳
This happened to me as well. You have to call the admissions office and they will fix it for you.
Yeah this happened to me as well after I found out I was accepted. Did you by any chance ever take any classes at IU and already have a student ID number? Because apparently for a lot of people that were already in the IU system (from undergrad etc..), once they were accepted to the medical school there was some internal error, and the lady in the admissions office told me that they have to override this issue manually for all of these accepted students. If you have never had an IU number, then try establishing your IU network credentials, and then once you've done that the status page should say "accepted" in green letters at the top. Let me know if you have any other questions.
This was a post of mine last month. I called and this was what they explained to me.
Hm. When I talked to them today they claimed to be powerless in the matter! I'll call them back after the break, I guess - it's not really a time-sensitive issue, right? Or do I need access to the portal in order to confirm my campus assignment or something important like that?
I don't think you need the portal because you are mailing in your campus preference form right?
Well yes; I was just asking if the portal is in fact necessary for anything at all, because if it isn't, then there's no rush to get them to fix this glitch. That's all I meant! 🙂
I don't think it's necessary at this point. It's just a way to keep track of your health forms, background check, transcripts, etc.. There hasn't even been a section for "Campus Preference" on my portal, and I've already been assigned to a campus. I've heard others have had boxes saying the status of their campus preference, but I called the office and they said that it doesn't matter either way as long as you mail in the campus preference form.
Call after the holidays, but again, don't forget to send in that preference form! 👍
I am still agonizing over which to choose! South Bend seems great but I don't know if I'd like the block scheduling. And I don't think I'd take the risk with the Indy lottery...not much of a gambler. 🙂
Same here. I really want to stay where I am in Indy but it just seems so risky and I don't really wanna wait until May to know for sure either! 😱
Hey everyone, I'm sure it's been covered but I was curious what percent of the accepted applicants get their number 1 choice of campus. Moreover, what percent go to Indianapolis?
Thanks in advance guys!
Thanks in advance guys!
Hey everyone, I'm sure it's been covered but I was curious what percent of the accepted applicants get their number 1 choice of campus. Moreover, what percent go to Indianapolis?
Thanks in advance guys!
~65% who choose Indy campus get into it.
The placement rate at the other campuses is much higher. If you get accepted early in the cycle and choose a regional campus, you are almost guaranteed to get the one you want.
They take the highest composite MCAT score--they don't mix-and-match sections.
Just canceled my interview here due to lack of funds. I hope somebody else gets it. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted472157
Have any OOS applicants been accepted already? looks like everyone accepted is IS 😕
As a fellow OOS-er, +1.
D
deleted518368
Have any OOS applicants been accepted already? looks like everyone accepted is IS 😕
I'm OOS and was accepted in November - but I went to IU for undergrad.
Have any OOS applicants been accepted already? looks like everyone accepted is IS 😕
I got accepted in November also.
interviewing here tomorrow. can anyone tell me the format of the interviews? From the sdn interview feedback it looks like open file, 1:1 and around 45 minutes? I'm assuming there are 2 interviews? Anything else I should know?
Thanks!
I've interviewed twice (two application cycles), both were just as you described. There were two interviewers (although sometimes I've heard only one if one of the docs can't make it), they will have your file with them, all in all, very low key. There will be some typical canned questions, if anything is different about your application, be sure you can easily answer questions about it. I got a couple of ethical questions once, but nothing will be totally out of the ordinary. Both of my interviews were around 45 minutes.
Good luck!! The hard part is over, all the work is done that got you to this point, now you just have to talk about it for a bit.
I interviewed this year and I was assigned 2 interviewers, but only one was there that day. The interview was really laid back and lasted about 45 minutes. There's only one interview--it may be 2:1 or 1:1. You'll get the names of your interviewers at the beginning of the day when you check in. Make sure you get to your interview spot early just in case you get lost on the way. It's a chill interview day. Just know your application well and relax!interviewing here tomorrow. can anyone tell me the format of the interviews? From the sdn interview feedback it looks like open file, 1:1 and around 45 minutes? I'm assuming there are 2 interviews? Anything else I should know?
Thanks!
Has anyone had their portal change or receive their letters for the month of January?
Not I
Has anyone had their portal change or receive their letters for the month of January?
How do I access the portal? I interviewed at Gary on the January 9th but I have no idea how to check my application status.
How do I access the portal? I interviewed at Gary on the January 9th but I have no idea how to check my application status.
https://admissions.iusm.iu.edu/ApplicantPortal/SignIn
Got back a little while ago from an OOS interview and found the IUSM acceptance letter in the mail! I'm def praising the Lord! I hope you guys all hear soon too!Has anyone had their portal change or receive their letters for the month of January?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite!
Got back a little while ago from an OOS interview and found the IUSM acceptance letter in the mail! I'm def praising the Lord! I hope you guys all hear soon too!
congrats!! when did you interview? how close to Indy do you live?
Thanks! I interviewed back in Sept. I'm about 150 miles from Indy.congrats!! when did you interview? how close to Indy do you live?
Thanks! I interviewed back in Sept. I'm about 150 miles from Indy.
did your portal status change?
Just checked and it hasn't changed. The portal still says "Under Consideration" even though I have my acceptance letter. I guess there's a delay in updating the portal.did your portal status change?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K