2012-2013 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how soon after the 5/15 deadline Jefferson starts pooling people off the wait list? Do they take a lot of people soon after the deadline, or will they continue to extend offers through the summer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how soon after the 5/15 deadline Jefferson starts pooling people off the wait list? Do they take a lot of people soon after the deadline, or will they continue to extend offers through the summer?

Some might get in a few days before the 15th even.

As you can probably imagine though, the number of people pulled from the lists = the number of people they need who dropped acceptances, so the second question is a bit impossible to answer. Like any other school, the bulk of it will probably happen at the 15th-ish, and it'll dwindle from then on.
 
Some might get in a few days before the 15th even.

As you can probably imagine though, the number of people pulled from the lists = the number of people they need who dropped acceptances, so the second question is a bit impossible to answer. Like any other school, the bulk of it will probably happen at the 15th-ish, and it'll dwindle from then on.

Thanks. If I do end up getting the coveted call, how much time would I be given to make a decision?
 
Thanks. If I do end up getting the coveted call, how much time would I be given to make a decision?

No idea. I've heard a week, I've heard 24 hours. Might depend on what point in the summer it is. I accepted it right away on the phone so there was no question. She'll tell you though if you get the call. Have in your mind what you think you want though.
 
No idea. I've heard a week, I've heard 24 hours. Might depend on what point in the summer it is. I accepted it right away on the phone so there was no question. She'll tell you though if you get the call. Have in your mind what you think you want though.

She didn't tell me about that, but she said the letter would be coming in a week so that will probably have more information about acceptances.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do i have any chance of getting in if i am on the alternate list (not high priority)? jefferson is a school that i really want to attend...
 
i know they interview until april, but are they still sending out ii's or are they pretty much already decided?
 
Last edited:
Im guessing if I havent heard from them, i was silently rejected?

Stats:
oGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.8
MCAT: 10PS 8VR 11BS
Secondary was completed by early september and did undergrad at temple.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im guessing if I havent heard from them, i was silently rejected?

Stats:
oGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.8
MCAT: 10PS 8VR 11BS
Secondary was completed by early september and did undergrad at temple.

fyi - called this morning and interviews are still going out, so those of us who haven't heard back yet pre-interview are still in the running.
 
Out of curiosity, is the high priority alternate list moving yet, did anyone get off of it? I called the office a few days ago and was told that the list was moving....seemed odd since they're not even done interviewing yet. Please let us all know, thanks!
 
Has anyone seen the 2013 match list?

Go to the FAQ page on Jefferson's Admissions website. You will be able to find a link to a PDF there under the question: "To which hospitals have recent graduates gone after graduating from JMC to begin their medical careers?"
 
What does an "interview decision pending" mean? Does it mean I will most likely get an interview? Or is it the status before pre-interview rejection?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Initially, I just had "Decision Pending" and now it says "interview Decision Pending"... either way i am sure that they are interviewing for waitlist spots this late in the cycle.

It changes back and forth but has no bearing on your chance of an interview invite that we know of. They also don't interview for waitlists.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Send a LOI if you want an interview here, I think they're still going out, but about to end.

I sent a LOI this week. Admissions responded quickly saying that I am still under review and that the letter has been added to my file. Still hoping for an interview!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.