2012-2013 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone figure out where to explain a lack of a non-science faculty letter? I don't see a logical spot on the letter inventory form...

Members don't see this ad.

Already PMed you, but for anyone else in this situation just email them explaining why you don't have it and what letter you want them to use instead.

Thanks Goobs! Just sent the clarifying email and submitted my app! Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad :)
SSOM adcoms emailed me back already. my letters will be fine :)

I'm not sure if anyone else is having difficulty separating paragraphs, but I found that by inserting this in place of just pressing "return" will give me the desired newline character:

<br />

I am placing two of these between paragraphs.

Good luck to everyone!

works like a charm. thanks for this

6. Please use this space to bring the information in your AMCAS application up-to-date. Please indicate additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know '

So if we have nothing to say for the above. Should we reserve this space for explaining WHY Loyola??

Just submitted. Heck of a secondary.

I'm having trouble uploading my photo. It won't let me select any of my JPEG photos. Anyone else deal with this?

I'm having trouble uploading my photo. It won't let me select any of my JPEG photos. Anyone else deal with this?

Hey I had this same problem. It was due to using google chrome. I actually submitted my app and emailed a photo. They got back to me and reopened my app so I could upload the photo. You have to use internet explorer or safari. Hope this helps!

Submitted! I think they start offering II's fairly soon, if I'm not mistaken.

And one more question. For all of the questions, do the experiences have to be ONLY DURING college? any insight on that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the 25 line rule include the spaces between paragraphs?

Could any current/former Stritch students or people who are familiar with the Chicago metropolitan area tell us about the neighborhood Stritch is located in? Is it a nice place to live? Is it easy to take mass transit into Downtown Chicago? Do most students have cars or use mas transit?

status: Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in mid-April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.

Looks like I'm on hold :(

status: Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in mid-April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.

Looks like I'm on hold :(

When did you submit? My status still stays please allow a month for completion of your file or whatever.

My status is "Your file is complete and pending further review by our Committee on Admissions. If you are granted an interview you will be contacted by phone and/or email. Our interview season is September thru April and your file can be reviewed several times during this time."

Secondary received: 7/20, submitted: 7/24

@DrAndy- you're right... At least it's not a outright rejection

Received 7/23, taken to post office 7/23.

Status as of now is
We have received your supplemental application. We ask that you please allow at least one month for downloading letters and completion of your file. Thank you.

Does Loyola screen? I've been AMCAS verified since June 27th, and I haven't received an email for the secondary yet.

Someone mentioned putting two lines between paragraphs? Where did you see this instruction because I have not seen that written anywhere?

Hello Friends,

I submitted my AMCAS on 6/11. I still haven't received this secondary. Can anyone, who submitted their AMCAS on/around 6/11, tell me if they received this one or not?? It will be really helpful. Seems like i am already 11 days behind in this school's process. :(

Hello Friends,

I submitted my AMCAS on 6/11. I still haven't received this secondary. Can anyone, who submitted their AMCAS on/around 6/11, tell me if they received this one or not?? It will be really helpful. Seems like i am already 11 days behind in this school's process. :(

Haven't received secondary either. It's the only school which hasn't sent one to me. Verified 6/5. Don't think it's a screening issue; I think we'll get them today or tomorrow.

If you write these essays in Word like me, I've figured out the appropriate Word margins that match the app. Idk how to describe it but it should be past the 6 and then in between the first and second little line (im guessing like 6 3/16 inches but not sure exactly). This really helped me, hopefully it helps you guys!

There were a couple of my essays that were 25 lines in Word but 27ish lines when I pasted into the app. I just left it...I really don't think it's a huge huge deal.

Submitted 7/26. Hoping they mark me complete tomorrow! I'd REALLY love an interview here!

I submitted to this school on 7/5 and still haven't received the secondary. :confused:

I'm curious when interview invites begin going out!! I'm doing the MSP program at Stritch this fall, and it's going to be killer to walk around there, WISHING I could go to med school there!!

were any one elses person of influence essays somewhat similar to the challenge essay? If so, any suggestions on this; obviously they're not entirely redundant but some of things learned are kind of similar.. Would this be ok? Thanks

Does anyone know what stats they screen at?

I'm still waiting on a secondary from here. Anyone else? I'll call in tomorrow to see what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.