You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Thanks Goobs! Just sent the clarifying email and submitted my app! Woohoo!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SSOM adcoms emailed me back already. my letters will be fine 🙂
I'm not sure if anyone else is having difficulty separating paragraphs, but I found that by inserting this in place of just pressing "return" will give me the desired newline character:
<br />
I am placing two of these between paragraphs.
Good luck to everyone!
works like a charm. thanks for this
6. Please use this space to bring the information in your AMCAS application up-to-date. Please indicate additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know '
So if we have nothing to say for the above. Should we reserve this space for explaining WHY Loyola??
So if we have nothing to say for the above. Should we reserve this space for explaining WHY Loyola??
I'm having trouble uploading my photo. It won't let me select any of my JPEG photos. Anyone else deal with this?
Hey I had this same problem. It was due to using google chrome. I actually submitted my app and emailed a photo. They got back to me and reopened my app so I could upload the photo. You have to use internet explorer or safari. Hope this helps!
You have to use internet explorer or safari.
I used Firefox.
Submitted! I think they start offering II's fairly soon, if I'm not mistaken.
And one more question. For all of the questions, do the experiences have to be ONLY DURING college? any insight on that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could any current/former Stritch students or people who are familiar with the Chicago metropolitan area tell us about the neighborhood Stritch is located in? Is it a nice place to live? Is it easy to take mass transit into Downtown Chicago? Do most students have cars or use mas transit?
status: Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in mid-April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
Looks like I'm on hold 🙁
Looks like I'm on hold 🙁
status: Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in mid-April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
Looks like I'm on hold 🙁
When did you submit? My status still stays please allow a month for completion of your file or whatever.
My status is "Your file is complete and pending further review by our Committee on Admissions. If you are granted an interview you will be contacted by phone and/or email. Our interview season is September thru April and your file can be reviewed several times during this time."
Secondary received: 7/20, submitted: 7/24
@DrAndy- you're right... At least it's not a outright rejection
@DrAndy- you're right... At least it's not a outright rejection
Received 7/23, taken to post office 7/23.
Status as of now is
Status as of now is
We have received your supplemental application. We ask that you please allow at least one month for downloading letters and completion of your file. Thank you.
Received 7/23, taken to post office 7/23.
... post office??
Received 7/23, taken to post office 7/23.
Status as of now is
... post office??
Nope. Thinking of Rush. Rush & Mizzou make you mail in a check and some forms.
Nope. Thinking of Rush. Rush & Mizzou make you mail in a check and some forms.
Haha okay, good. I was thinking there was some obscure form I had forgotten!
Haha okay, good. I was thinking there was some obscure form I had forgotten!
Nope!
Does Loyola screen? I've been AMCAS verified since June 27th, and I haven't received an email for the secondary yet.
I'm pretty sure the MSAR said they don't.
Does Loyola screen? I've been AMCAS verified since June 27th, and I haven't received an email for the secondary yet.
I thought they do screen.
Someone mentioned putting two lines between paragraphs? Where did you see this instruction because I have not seen that written anywhere?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought they do screen.
Oh you're right. MSAR says they screen.
Hello Friends,
I submitted my AMCAS on 6/11. I still haven't received this secondary. Can anyone, who submitted their AMCAS on/around 6/11, tell me if they received this one or not?? It will be really helpful. Seems like i am already 11 days behind in this school's process. 🙁
I submitted my AMCAS on 6/11. I still haven't received this secondary. Can anyone, who submitted their AMCAS on/around 6/11, tell me if they received this one or not?? It will be really helpful. Seems like i am already 11 days behind in this school's process. 🙁
Hello Friends,
I submitted my AMCAS on 6/11. I still haven't received this secondary. Can anyone, who submitted their AMCAS on/around 6/11, tell me if they received this one or not?? It will be really helpful. Seems like i am already 11 days behind in this school's process. 🙁
Haven't received secondary either. It's the only school which hasn't sent one to me. Verified 6/5. Don't think it's a screening issue; I think we'll get them today or tomorrow.
If you write these essays in Word like me, I've figured out the appropriate Word margins that match the app. Idk how to describe it but it should be past the 6 and then in between the first and second little line (im guessing like 6 3/16 inches but not sure exactly). This really helped me, hopefully it helps you guys!
Submitted 7/26. Hoping they mark me complete tomorrow! I'd REALLY love an interview here!
Under Review!
When did you submit??
when did you submit??
7/23!
Under Review!
Same!
What do your statuses say?
What do your statuses say?
We have received all required information and your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions.
we have received all required information and your file is under review with the committee on admissions.
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious when interview invites begin going out!! I'm doing the MSP program at Stritch this fall, and it's going to be killer to walk around there, WISHING I could go to med school there!!
Under review as well!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K