You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
when did you complete your application? Thx!
Secondary received: July 21st
Secondary submitted: July 24th
Interview Invite: August 7th
anyone figure out how to upload a pic on a mac? my jpegs won't show up as selectable files....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone figure out how to upload a pic on a mac? my jpegs won't show up as selectable files....
What I did was I removed the e in the.jpeg and made it .jpg and it worked
I was using Chrome and was having a problem, but switching to Safari worked fineanyone figure out how to upload a pic on a mac? my jpegs won't show up as selectable files....
supplementary app link is down for me.... anyone else?
yes its down
gracias, I'll post up if I check and it comes back online
Interview invite! Scheduled for September 22.
When did you submit? And stats, if you don't mind sharing?
Secondary is back up and running
SubmittedHoping i get an II after spending so much time on this damn secondary
+1
Tis a long one 🙁
When did you submit? And stats, if you don't mind sharing?
Submitted July 23...so pretty quick turnaround.
3.81cGPA/3.85sGPA/32Q
I was using Chrome and was having a problem, but switching to Safari worked fine
It's funny. I was using Safari, because the instructions specifically said Firefox or Chrome won't work. After trying a few things with no luck, I tried Firefox.
Worked like a charm.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder why my status is taking so long to change... but I don't wanna call and bug them!
I wonder why my status is taking so long to change... but I don't wanna call and bug them!
Know the feeling.
I still haven't recevied my secondary yet. I called once already so I don't want to pester them again. Verfied mid June.
Last edited:
Anyone have any advice on how long I should wait before I call? Submitted 7/27, still have the please allow one month status, but my letters have been in AMCAS for months.
it's more a matter of the letters being retrieved from amcas by them. give it at least the month they specified before you contact themAnyone have any advice on how long I should wait before I call? Submitted 7/27, still have the please allow one month status, but my letters have been in AMCAS for months.
it's more a matter of the letters being retrieved from amcas by them. give it at least the month they specified before you contact them
Ah yeah. I just don't know why it's taking so long for me when I see others who submitted the same day as me or later with II's 🙁 I'm so impatient and neurotic, this is killing me!
On hold 🙁
Is there a confirmed hold status?
Ah yeah. I just don't know why it's taking so long for me when I see others who submitted the same day as me or later with II's 🙁 I'm so impatient and neurotic, this is killing me!
Same. It really puts doubt on whether or not there's something negative in your application. I knew this was going to be a psychological battle, but just knowing about it doesn't really make it that much better.
No character limit on these things, right?
"25 lines"
Do you know if that's 25 lines on Word or in their little boxes? I just wrote 25 lines in word but now it's 40 lines in their box 🙁
prob 25 in their applicationDo you know if that's 25 lines on Word or in their little boxes? I just wrote 25 lines in word but now it's 40 lines in their box 🙁
Is there a confirmed hold status?
It's the application has been reviewed status.
Sent via mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'm at 30 lines on one of my essays. Do you think this would really be that big of a deal or should I try harder to cut it down to 25. Thanks.
Hey guys, I'm at 30 lines on one of my essays. Do you think this would really be that big of a deal or should I try harder to cut it down to 25. Thanks.
I would follow instructions and write 25. If they say keep it under 25, then listen, and keep it under 25. Most of mine were well under.
how do you pay for this school?
I heard it is 75.00
Do they require you to pay first to open up the secondary?
Or Do they ask at the end of the application (like most schools) to go directly to payment website and pay online using credit card?
Do we pay through mailing check?
I heard it is 75.00
Do they require you to pay first to open up the secondary?
Or Do they ask at the end of the application (like most schools) to go directly to payment website and pay online using credit card?
Do we pay through mailing check?
how do you pay for this school?
I heard it is 75.00
Do they require you to pay first to open up the secondary?
Or Do they ask at the end of the application (like most schools) to go directly to payment website and pay online using credit card?
Do we pay through mailing check?
Yes, unlike many applications, you have to pay just to access the application. I paid with credit card online.
Yes, unlike many applications, you have to pay just to access the application. I paid with credit card online.
Thanks for the info!
Secondary received: July 21st
Secondary submitted: July 24th
Interview Invite: August 7th
For all the people who have received interviews...will you tell us what your status online says?
Mine has said "Status Feedback Not Yet Defined!!!!" for the past week but I haven't received an interview call or email. Just wondering what this might mean.
Thanks 🙂
That's what mine said when I checked my status after I scheduled my interview.For all the people who have received interviews...will you tell us what your status online says?
Mine has said "Status Feedback Not Yet Defined!!!!" for the past week but I haven't received an interview call or email. Just wondering what this might mean.
Thanks 🙂
EDIT: It still says that, several days later - maybe you should be expecting an interview? Good luck!
Submitted 7/26... Still haven't downloaded my letters. WHYYY
For about half of my essays, every time I try to submit one, the page drops out and the forms are just replaced with simple text reading "PB". I'm pretty sure this is because of essay length, as when I just leave a word or two in the box and continue it saves fine. But I'm getting this error with essays that are only a hundred words in length. I've lost an hour or two to this error, has anyone else encountered or overcame it?
Just for those freaking out about statuses, for the past year's cycle "Your application has been reviewed..." isn't necessarily a hold status. I had that status for a month and was given an interview.
However, I did apply much later than average in the cycle due to health issues, so I wasn't interviewed until the last few months in the cycle (just an fyi).
However, I did apply much later than average in the cycle due to health issues, so I wasn't interviewed until the last few months in the cycle (just an fyi).
Hey everyone, I just called the school regarding the issues with the spacing between paragraphs not showing up when the application is printed. They said even though it does not show up on our print screen, it will on their end when they receive the secondary. So don't worry if you do not see spacing between your paragraphs!
You must have a double dash "--" in your response. Take that out. Alternatively, I found that inputting one answer at a time and progressing to the next page and going back circumvents the problem.For about half of my essays, every time I try to submit one, the page drops out and the forms are just replaced with simple text reading "PB". I'm pretty sure this is because of essay length, as when I just leave a word or two in the box and continue it saves fine. But I'm getting this error with essays that are only a hundred words in length. I've lost an hour or two to this error, has anyone else encountered or overcame it?
Have you noticed that in addition to the 25 line it says in the Supplemental Application document attached to the email: please limit your response to a maximum of two paragraphs for each question. How can you write such a long essay with only two paragraphs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you noticed that in addition to the 25 line it says in the Supplemental Application document attached to the email: please limit your response to a maximum of two paragraphs for each question. How can you write such a long essay with only two paragraphs?
Crapppp...I totally missed this part. I like to have multiple paragraphs. I was under 25 lines though so that seems stupid 😡
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that we're all really overvaluing and over worrying the 25 lines/paragraphs stuff. Relax, people.Crapppp...I totally missed this part. I like to have multiple paragraphs. I was under 25 lines though so that seems stupid 😡
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that we're all really overvaluing and over worrying the 25 lines/paragraphs stuff. Relax, people.
I'm pretty sure I broke all the rules when I wrote my essays: I did 25 lines on Word, and then just copied and pasted, so I have no idea how many lines they were in the box; and I forgot to do the double-space thing between paragraphs. I'm banking on their kind, Christian mercy.
I'm pretty sure I broke all the rules when I wrote my essays: I did 25 lines on Word, and then just copied and pasted, so I have no idea how many lines they were in the box; and I forgot to do the double-space thing between paragraphs. I'm banking on their kind, Christian mercy.
I used Times New Roman 12 font in word and the lines were exactly the same on the final application. I don't know how it would compare with differing fonts though.
Have you noticed that in addition to the 25 line it says in the Supplemental Application document attached to the email: please limit your response to a maximum of two paragraphs for each question. How can you write such a long essay with only two paragraphs?
Crapppp...I totally missed this part. I like to have multiple paragraphs. I was under 25 lines though so that seems stupid 😡
it doesn't say anything about paragraphs in the document i received, just a maximum line limit...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
Hoping i get an II after spending so much time on this damn secondary