2012-2013 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got mine as well!

Members don't see this ad.

anyone figure out how to upload a pic on a mac? my jpegs won't show up as selectable files....

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone figure out how to upload a pic on a mac? my jpegs won't show up as selectable files....
I was using Chrome and was having a problem, but switching to Safari worked fine

Interview invite! Scheduled for September 22.

Submitted :xf: Hoping i get an II after spending so much time on this damn secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
I was using Chrome and was having a problem, but switching to Safari worked fine

It's funny. I was using Safari, because the instructions specifically said Firefox or Chrome won't work. After trying a few things with no luck, I tried Firefox.

Worked like a charm.

I wonder why my status is taking so long to change... but I don't wanna call and bug them!

I wonder why my status is taking so long to change... but I don't wanna call and bug them!

Know the feeling.

I still haven't recevied my secondary yet. I called once already so I don't want to pester them again. Verfied mid June.

Last edited:
Interview invite!!

Last edited:
Interview Invite! Schedules for Oct 29th!

Anyone have any advice on how long I should wait before I call? Submitted 7/27, still have the please allow one month status, but my letters have been in AMCAS for months.

Anyone have any advice on how long I should wait before I call? Submitted 7/27, still have the please allow one month status, but my letters have been in AMCAS for months.
it's more a matter of the letters being retrieved from amcas by them. give it at least the month they specified before you contact them

it's more a matter of the letters being retrieved from amcas by them. give it at least the month they specified before you contact them

Ah yeah. I just don't know why it's taking so long for me when I see others who submitted the same day as me or later with II's :( I'm so impatient and neurotic, this is killing me!

Ah yeah. I just don't know why it's taking so long for me when I see others who submitted the same day as me or later with II's :( I'm so impatient and neurotic, this is killing me!

Same. It really puts doubt on whether or not there's something negative in your application. I knew this was going to be a psychological battle, but just knowing about it doesn't really make it that much better.

Hey guys, I'm at 30 lines on one of my essays. Do you think this would really be that big of a deal or should I try harder to cut it down to 25. Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm at 30 lines on one of my essays. Do you think this would really be that big of a deal or should I try harder to cut it down to 25. Thanks.

I would follow instructions and write 25. If they say keep it under 25, then listen, and keep it under 25. Most of mine were well under.

how do you pay for this school?
I heard it is 75.00

Do they require you to pay first to open up the secondary?
Or Do they ask at the end of the application (like most schools) to go directly to payment website and pay online using credit card?
Do we pay through mailing check?

how do you pay for this school?
I heard it is 75.00

Do they require you to pay first to open up the secondary?
Or Do they ask at the end of the application (like most schools) to go directly to payment website and pay online using credit card?
Do we pay through mailing check?

Yes, unlike many applications, you have to pay just to access the application. I paid with credit card online.

Pay online. You need to fill it out before you can even fill out the secondary!

Secondary received: July 21st
Secondary submitted: July 24th
Interview Invite: August 7th

For all the people who have received interviews...will you tell us what your status online says?

Mine has said "Status Feedback Not Yet Defined!!!!" for the past week but I haven't received an interview call or email. Just wondering what this might mean.

For all the people who have received interviews...will you tell us what your status online says?

Mine has said "Status Feedback Not Yet Defined!!!!" for the past week but I haven't received an interview call or email. Just wondering what this might mean.

That's what mine said when I checked my status after I scheduled my interview.

EDIT: It still says that, several days later - maybe you should be expecting an interview? Good luck!

Submitted 7/26... Still haven't downloaded my letters. WHYYY

For about half of my essays, every time I try to submit one, the page drops out and the forms are just replaced with simple text reading "PB". I'm pretty sure this is because of essay length, as when I just leave a word or two in the box and continue it saves fine. But I'm getting this error with essays that are only a hundred words in length. I've lost an hour or two to this error, has anyone else encountered or overcame it?

Just for those freaking out about statuses, for the past year's cycle "Your application has been reviewed..." isn't necessarily a hold status. I had that status for a month and was given an interview.

However, I did apply much later than average in the cycle due to health issues, so I wasn't interviewed until the last few months in the cycle (just an fyi).

Hey everyone, I just called the school regarding the issues with the spacing between paragraphs not showing up when the application is printed. They said even though it does not show up on our print screen, it will on their end when they receive the secondary. So don't worry if you do not see spacing between your paragraphs!

Randomly got the secondary, well over a month after submission. I had given up hope. :D

For about half of my essays, every time I try to submit one, the page drops out and the forms are just replaced with simple text reading "PB". I'm pretty sure this is because of essay length, as when I just leave a word or two in the box and continue it saves fine. But I'm getting this error with essays that are only a hundred words in length. I've lost an hour or two to this error, has anyone else encountered or overcame it?
You must have a double dash "--" in your response. Take that out. Alternatively, I found that inputting one answer at a time and progressing to the next page and going back circumvents the problem.

Have you noticed that in addition to the 25 line it says in the Supplemental Application document attached to the email: please limit your response to a maximum of two paragraphs for each question. How can you write such a long essay with only two paragraphs?

Have you noticed that in addition to the 25 line it says in the Supplemental Application document attached to the email: please limit your response to a maximum of two paragraphs for each question. How can you write such a long essay with only two paragraphs?

Crapppp...I totally missed this part. I like to have multiple paragraphs. I was under 25 lines though so that seems stupid :mad:

Crapppp...I totally missed this part. I like to have multiple paragraphs. I was under 25 lines though so that seems stupid :mad:
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that we're all really overvaluing and over worrying the 25 lines/paragraphs stuff. Relax, people.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that we're all really overvaluing and over worrying the 25 lines/paragraphs stuff. Relax, people.

I'm pretty sure I broke all the rules when I wrote my essays: I did 25 lines on Word, and then just copied and pasted, so I have no idea how many lines they were in the box; and I forgot to do the double-space thing between paragraphs. I'm banking on their kind, Christian mercy.

I'm pretty sure I broke all the rules when I wrote my essays: I did 25 lines on Word, and then just copied and pasted, so I have no idea how many lines they were in the box; and I forgot to do the double-space thing between paragraphs. I'm banking on their kind, Christian mercy.

I used Times New Roman 12 font in word and the lines were exactly the same on the final application. I don't know how it would compare with differing fonts though.

it doesn't say anything about paragraphs in the document i received, just a maximum line limit...

Status
Not open for further replies.