2012-2013 Mercer University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have already made all the calls for this round. They will meet again Dec. 13th. Two more weeks of waiting and hoping...
 
If you didn't get a call yet (I didn't) it means they reintroduce you at the next meeting.

I interviewed very very early on the Macon campus so was hoping for a call.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well that's a huge bummer. any idea how many were accepted this round?
hang in there everyone. and congrats to those who were accepted!
 
Where to live in Macon? North macon is much nicer than downtown so it depends on what you are looking for. You can find places near downtown cheap that are minutes from the hospital/school but it is city living (expect to see the homeless). Check out mill creek run apartments. 15 minutes south. Reasonable prices, safe, quiet. Other names: Rivoli Run, Bristol Park, Lullwater at bass


Thanks for the feedback.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got tired of waiting so I called Gail. She said all calls had been made..should be another meeting on dec. 13 I think she said..sucks to have to wait longer 🙁

I have an interview for Dec 4th...do you think my interview would be included in the AdCom meeting on the 13th as well?
 
Hi! I interviewed this week, and they said they may or may not meet in December, but even if they do they won't be voting on anyone. Just discussing, so we probably won't hear anything until January either way. Good luck!
 
if we interviewed 10/23 or 10/24 (i can't remember!) -- should we expect to maybe hear dec 13 if we weren't accepted or rejected on nov 28?

is this how this goes?? so thursday?
 
I was under the impression they meet every third Wednesday of the month. Can anyone say for sure they meet on the 13th?
 
i interviewed on 12/4 and they told us that they were most likely not going to meet until after the holidays (January 16) and that if they did meet in December, they would probably not be calling until after the holidays anyways
 
That sounds a lot more believable. In interviewed in November and all they told us was that they may or may not have a meeting in December.
 
I called Gail again yesterday afternoon around 3:30. She is usually very knowledgable about what the committee is doing and she told me that they were meeting last night and that they were going to call people with in the next few days. Unless that changed late yesterday afternoon I would think that is still accurate. Hopefully we will hear!!!
 
Was the meeting just for discussion and no voting? I don't see how they could have a committee meeting with no acceptances made.
 
Was the meeting just for discussion and no voting? I don't see how they could have a committee meeting with no acceptances made.
Not sure. All she said was "no acceptances." must have been just for discussion because that seems ridiculous. Who knows...you could call and ask, I'm sure she is tired of hearing from me! ��
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my invite today. Anyone else interviewing in February 14th?
 
Last edited:
i emailed recently and she said they would be meeting on the 23rd so if we are accepted we should here that day or the next
 
I wonder if there will be many acceptances this month since the primary deadline isn't until the 31st. I think February will be a busy thread month. Still hoping... Good luck to the rest of you in the "waiting room" as well.
 
Emailed admissions and they said the next vote will be Feb 20 ... will be a long wait I guess 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, that's quite an accomplishment this year. Good luck everyone as there are still many spots left on the table.
 
Last edited:
does anyone have any idea how many spots are still available?? just trying to get an idea of my chances
 
Status
Not open for further replies.