-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
If you didn't get a call yet (I didn't) it means they reintroduce you at the next meeting.
I interviewed very very early on the Macon campus so was hoping for a call.
I interviewed very very early on the Macon campus so was hoping for a call.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you didn't get a call yet (I didn't) it means they reintroduce you at the next meeting.
I interviewed very very early on the Macon campus so was hoping for a call.
yeah, same here...anyway, thanks for the info. good luck!
I got tired of waiting so I called Gail. She said all calls had been made..should be another meeting on dec. 13 I think she said..sucks to have to wait longer 🙁Anyone know if they have made all the calls or not?
🙂what time they called?🙂Accepted!! Got the call in the afternoon =)
3:00pm eastern time
Thank you.Good luck!
well that's a huge bummer. any idea how many were accepted this round?
hang in there everyone. and congrats to those who were accepted!
hang in there everyone. and congrats to those who were accepted!
agreewell that's a huge bummer. any idea how many were accepted this round?
hang in there everyone. and congrats to those who were accepted!
well that's a huge bummer. any idea how many were accepted this round?
hang in there everyone. and congrats to those who were accepted!
At the interview they said 10-12 were going to be accepted.
Where to live in Macon? North macon is much nicer than downtown so it depends on what you are looking for. You can find places near downtown cheap that are minutes from the hospital/school but it is city living (expect to see the homeless). Check out mill creek run apartments. 15 minutes south. Reasonable prices, safe, quiet. Other names: Rivoli Run, Bristol Park, Lullwater at bass
Thanks for the feedback.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got tired of waiting so I called Gail. She said all calls had been made..should be another meeting on dec. 13 I think she said..sucks to have to wait longer 🙁
I have an interview for Dec 4th...do you think my interview would be included in the AdCom meeting on the 13th as well?
Possibly... they should tell you tomorrow when you interviewI have an interview for Dec 4th...do you think my interview would be included in the AdCom meeting on the 13th as well?
Possibly... they should tell you tomorrow when you interview
thanks! they said if they meet in December we will hear from them...otherwise it'll be in January.
I was under the impression they meet every third Wednesday of the month. Can anyone say for sure they meet on the 13th?
That sounds a lot more believable. In interviewed in November and all they told us was that they may or may not have a meeting in December.
I called Gail again yesterday afternoon around 3:30. She is usually very knowledgable about what the committee is doing and she told me that they were meeting last night and that they were going to call people with in the next few days. Unless that changed late yesterday afternoon I would think that is still accurate. Hopefully we will hear!!!
Was the meeting just for discussion and no voting? I don't see how they could have a committee meeting with no acceptances made.
Not sure. All she said was "no acceptances." must have been just for discussion because that seems ridiculous. Who knows...you could call and ask, I'm sure she is tired of hearing from me! ��Was the meeting just for discussion and no voting? I don't see how they could have a committee meeting with no acceptances made.
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for us to see our fellow classmates yet?
There is a facebook group for the class. It is titled mercer university school of medicine class of 2017.
Has anyone heard when the committee meeting in January will be?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thread has been pretty quiet lately
Thread has been pretty quiet lately
The Mercer faculty members who are pretending to be applicants on this thread are now busy pretending to be accepted students on the Facebook group.
I hope so. Mercer is my number one choice.
During my interview on Dec. 11, they said the meeting would be on Jan. 16th.
Anyone get a call tonight?
Nope
i emailed recently and she said they would be meeting on the 23rd so if we are accepted we should here that day or the next
Has anyone gotten a call last night or today?
Not me
SameNot me
Emailed admissions and they said the next vote will be Feb 20 ... will be a long wait I guess 🙁
Do you know if they voted this go round, or just had a meeting?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if they voted this go round, or just had a meeting?
She didn't say, but I assume they accepted some people this January... no one who posts on SDN I guess
She didn't say, but I assume they accepted some people this January... no one who posts on SDN I guess
I was accepted yesterday. I interviewed last week.
Congrats, that's quite an accomplishment this year. Good luck everyone as there are still many spots left on the table.
Last edited:
does anyone have any idea how many spots are still available?? just trying to get an idea of my chances
Last figure I heard was 28, TIFWIW...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K